Family Therapists provide mental health support to families. Their duties include maintaining files organized and accurate, developing and implementing family service plans, assisting in developmental screening of infants and young children, participating in continuing education, maintaining confidentiality, and coordinating meetings.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Family Therapist Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Family Therapist resumes for your reference.
Family Therapist Resume Sample 1
- Facilitated successful communication among estranged family members to ease family tension.
- Resolved interpersonal conflicts for participants in a study group for the Certified Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse Counselor (CANDAC) certification program.
- Introduced well-known interventions techniques to treat a variety of issues within specific communities such as depression, anxiety, and substance abuse.
- Collaborated with other therapists and social workers to provide crisis intervention services within an HMO setting.
- Achieved award for being a compassionate counselor; dedicated time each week to meet with patients who needed additional help with their personal problems outside regular office hours.
Family Therapist Resume Sample 2
- Worked with a large network of medical professionals to formulate treatment plans in a structured environment.
- Conducted research on how to best assist clients diagnosed with diabetes, cancer, and other chronic diseases.
- Gained a strong understanding of how autism affects children and adolescents; developed professional advice on behavioral analysis and counseling techniques.
- Received outstanding quality award; developed excellent working relationships with clients and co-workers. Developed specialized techniques that matched client preferences.
- the help of the social worker, I evaluated client behavior at home, school, and community settings to determine stressors which caused self-injury or suicide attempts or thoughts.
Family Therapist Resume Sample 3
- Consistently met the goal of helping patients and families understand their psychology and behavior through referring them for therapy sessions, administering tests, and conducting in-depth interviews.
- Developed a self-awareness exercise for patients; conducted sessions to help patients learn why they are how they are and how to control themselves.
- Achieved the highest customer satisfaction rating; consistently demonstrated high levels of empathy, professionalism and courtesy.
- Recognized with award for adherence to patient confidentiality guidelines.
- Founded a charity to help abused children; received recognition by the Governor for contributing time, effort and resources to saving children from domestic violence.
Family Therapist Resume Sample 4
- Achieved award for doing an outstanding job in Therapy by establishing good rapport with clients and earning high satisfaction ratings from clients.
- Communicated effectively with clients to gain a thorough understanding of their issues, emotions, and concerns.
- Developed effective treatment plans that incorporated client’s concerns; engaged in productive conversations to help define goals and objectives.
- Achieved outstanding performance award; maintained high therapy license.
- Achieved award for outstanding performance in Therapy.
Family Therapist Resume Sample 5
- Oversaw and coordinated insurance benefits to all employees, including retirement.
- Enrolled patients in medical insurance, managed medical benefits, and the self-insurance plan.
- Developed an employee benefit package that met the needs of all employees.
- Exhibited exceptional leadership qualities by being compassionate and understanding; demonstrating compassion and understanding by establishing a safe environment for both staff members and clients.
- Achieved exemplary service award; helped clients with their needs by coordinating care needs with other healthcare providers.
Family Therapist Resume Sample 6
- Conducted psychological, psychiatric and medical evaluations in accordance with state regulatory guidelines; prescribed and monitored medications.
- Recognized by the State of Maine for outstanding level of care and treatment of patients; an exemplary model for others to emulate.
- Achieved award for reducing recidivism rates among court-ordered foster children.
- Awarded excellence in family therapy by the Community Counseling Center for high levels of achievement in individual counseling sessions and group therapy sessions.
- Received outstanding quality award for effectively preserving mental health services funding.
Family Therapist Resume Sample 7
- Performed a comprehensive psychosocial assessment of each client, including physical and mental health history, corroborated by appropriate collateral contacts.
- Designed appropriate treatment plans to resolve each client’s presenting problems; incorporated cognitive and behavioral strategies where appropriate.
- Individualized treatment plans for clients exhibiting the same symptoms; educated clients about the nature of the disorder and the rationale behind the treatment plan.
- Counseled families through periods of crisis, including depression, anxiety disorders, and suicidal ideation; provided family interventions when necessary to reduce stress levels.
- Current Board Certified Specialist; Licensed in the practice of Marriage and Family Therapy.
Family Therapist Resume Sample 8
- Achieved significant project awards for the treatment of child abuse.
- Achieved a high mark for evaluating and recommending individualized treatment plans for children; effectively communicated with parents regarding their child’s progress.
- Effectively resolved family conflicts and provided strong advocacy for children with special needs.
- Conducted therapy sessions which allowed parents to interact with their children while at the same time providing information regarding their medical condition and the resources available to them.
- Effectively provided care to children with developmental disabilities and serious mental illnesses.
Family Therapist Resume Sample 9
- Recruited new clients with referral bases; effectively solicited patients to insure the continued volume of business.
- Efficiently responded to sensitive issues through communication and reassurance; utilized problem-solving skills to resolve conflicts and restore the confidence of patients.
- Effectively dispelled major issues encountered in therapy by training, hypnosis, and counseling techniques.
- Offered therapies that promoted self-improvement and increased creativity; broadened skills of patients in areas such as creativity, addictions, and problem-solving.
- Discharged patients in a timely manner with the maximum possible results before ending sessions for the day.
Family Therapist Resume Sample 10
- Accepted lead client referrals, fulfilled clients’ needs and expectations, and provided compassionate treatment.
- Developed a rapport with clients at the initial interview and maintained a therapeutic relationship during the course of therapy.
- Learned to recognize the potential for conflict and inform the client of any difficulties that might arise in therapy sessions.
- Achieved award for outstanding performance from long-term clients; implemented methods to continually address their individual needs while adhering to top performing therapists’ guidelines regarding confidentiality, child/adult issues, and ethics.
- Achieved award for outstanding performance.
Family Therapist Resume Sample 11
- Supervised clinical procedures; helped patients with depression, anxiety disorders, and personality disorders to overcome barriers to their treatment process.
- Prescribed medication.
- Instructed interpersonal skill classes for newcomers to the field of therapy at his community’s nonprofit organization.
- Awarded for opening a support group for individuals with anxiety disorders, who were experiencing anxiety attacks.
- Received outstanding patient satisfaction award from patients of the clinic in which he worked.
Family Therapist Resume Sample 12
- Created individualized treatment plans for patients with at-risk behaviors and/or clients with serious mental health issues.
- Launched a weekly group-therapy program based on family-therapy models.
- Confronted financial woes as a result of complex medical bills; worked closely with insurance companies to ensure clients receive all benefits.
- Adopted a multicultural approach to counseling and teaching; conducted sensitivity seminars to enhance awareness of the different cultural aspects of members whose family and friends were involved in substance abuse.
- Participated on the National Association of Social Workers’ Special Interest Group.
Family Therapist Resume Sample 13
- Served as a direct report to the Vice President of Client Services.
- Demonstrated exceptional coordination of departmental resources and client services representatives.
- Leveraged knowledge of insurance, disability, and life insurance policies to recommend a successful compensation plan for Life Insurance Agents.
- Developed relationships with an array of family members in an effort to provide consumer education regarding disability coverage and health insurance access.
- Maintained a professional demeanor while interacting with clients.
Family Therapist Resume Sample 14
- Assisted client with understanding and giving a form of language to anxiety, anger, and depression.
- Counseled client; developed a personalized plan of action.
- Assessment of personality structure; designed therapeutic approach which involved education, self-improvement, positive reinforcement and goal setting.
- Encouraged client to dedicate time each week in order to obtain personal goals; received outstanding performance award for direct service delivery.
- Obtained knowledge on local organizations which provided educational support to clients who were seeking therapy for various issues; successfully developed a plan for cooperation with agencies who specialize in therapy for various mental health issues.
Family Therapist Resume Sample 15
- Collaborated with parents and teachers to develop plan of action to provide students with structured learning experiences.
- Incorporated new teaching methods into my program that allowed students to perform at a higher level.
- Created organization based on student’s strengths and weaknesses.
- Provided a safe, structured environment conducive to learning in an environment that promotes creativity, self-expression, and growth.
- Received recognition for making improvements as well as providing service to the school community as a whole; provided therapy directly after school hours 3-5 p.m.
To work as a Family Therapist you need to have a Bachelor’s degree and be licensed in Marriage & Family Therapist and Mental Health Counseling. A Family Therapist must demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, communication skills, technology skills, be trustworthy, have basic knowledge of Microsoft Office, have decision-making skills, be creative, and multitask.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.