Small Business Consultants contract with companies providing them advice and expertise in areas the company needs help improving. Their duties include preparing proposals for financing, advice on improving internal processes, integration of and training on new software, preparing a observation notes and recommending improvement, and working with management on strategies such as market visibility or increasing customers.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Small Business Consultant Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Small Business Consultant resumes for your reference.
Small Business Consultant Resume Sample 1
- Designed a detailed business plan, prepared a marketing strategy, and secured a multi-million dollar contract with a national shoe company for an athletic apparel store.
- Established retail business in new location by streamlining operations to be more cost effective and efficient.
- Personally assisted with store renovation and designs in order to achieve improved sales.
- Monitored market trends to sustain profitability in the consumer shoe industry of more than $14 Billion annually.
- Adopted strict quality control procedures for product development so that the new line of athletic shoes were recognized as trendsetting products on time by consumers.
Small Business Consultant Resume Sample 2
- Functioned as a business consultant, providing strategic planning, counseling, and training to small business owners in a wide range of fields.
- Functioned as a business consultant, providing strategic planning and counseling to small businesses in a wide variety of industries.
- Contributed to increase the profitability of six businesses by research, design, and implementation of system changes.
- Negotiated for insurance for two businesses; secured competitive market rates.
- Educated five organizations on tax incentives available to small business owners; lead group to understand advantages of entrepreneurial experience.
Small Business Consultant Resume Sample 3
- Conducted personal, business, and organizational assessments to identify strengths, weaknesses, goals, and systems.
- Defined needs for small businesses to provide consulting.
- Collaborated with other consultants to organize workshops, seminars, and lectures for specific audiences.
- Reviewed application materials/transcripts to select candidates for interviews for employment.
- Maintained source files of requested information/background reports/reference letters.
Small Business Consultant Resume Sample 4
- Helped clients register and transfer businesses to LLCs and S corporations.
- Tried to sell small business development consulting services to clients after realizing that they specific services that didn’t fit into their primary business.
- Helped facilitate the end of a joint venture with a client after it was determined that the business didn’t have enough funds for immediate payment.
- Helped a client find new information on corporate tax write-off opportunities which have been moved from community development to corporate tax write-off categories.
- Segmented clients set on purchasing tax write-off items into two groups one that could afford an item and one that could not afford an item.
Small Business Consultant Resume Sample 5
- Developed and implemented a cash reserve policy, cash forecasting and budgeting model for a small family owned business.
- Managed and supervised the accuracy and timeliness of all sales reports while increasing sales volume by 11% in one year while maintaining the same sales prices.
- Identified and implemented business process improvements to increase profits by 15%.
- Composed marketing materials, including advertising copy, brochures, product flyers, etc. to better promote the business.
- Increased production quality control by eliminating 50% of mismanaged production components.
Small Business Consultant Resume Sample 6
- Consulted with start-up businesses to define short and long-term goals, profitability, expansion, marketing strategy, and profitability.
- Advocated for the needs of employees to lead by example in the workplace by implementing the plan of action.
- Proposed business strategies that maintained compliance to government regulations while remaining profitable.
- Stabilized the cash flow of a small business by developing effective sales strategies that increased revenue.
- Identified operational improvements in existing businesses; developed new sales techniques for existing inventory to increase sales volume.
Small Business Consultant Resume Sample 7
- Developed comprehensive business plans for small businesses.
- Helped small businesses increase their products’ market appeal through product design, packaging, and branding.
- Provided guidance to small business owners to develop effective business strategies.
- Provided solutions to small businesses with issues such as sales, accounting, and taxes.
- Developed sales and revenue streams for small business owners through growing customer base and increasing sales opportunities through networking and promotion campaigns.
Small Business Consultant Resume Sample 8
- Provided clients counseling on the management of business operations, including financial planning, marketing, and hiring/firing within an established budget.
- Established a website for business promotion by establishing internal links to other business websites.
- Developed a strategic plan for an established real estate investment company to improve the turnover of properties and overall profitability.
- Advised businesses on the acquisition of additional space within bordering buildings for expansion of existing operations.
- Advised clients on marketing techniques to attract new customers through increased visibility, including social media.
Small Business Consultant Resume Sample 9
- Helped create, save, and grow a small business.
- Helped advise, manage, guide through troubled times, and save a failing business.
- Trained competent personnel for three different environments in three separate businesses.
- Landed the best job ever to further my career with the largest employer in my hometown.
- Established relationships with school administration to obtain school space for an activity center.
Small Business Consultant Resume Sample 10
- Keyed into local community, identifying and developing potential partnerships.
- Maintained strong relationships with local government offices to secure additional funding for projects.
- Developed, defined, and executed long-distance business plans for emerging national companies.
- Created sustainable business models for fast-growing companies with exponential growth projections.
- Established best practices for starting, growing, and expanding small businesses within the U.S.
Small Business Consultant Resume Sample 11
- Partnered with small to medium sized businesses to enhance profits by conducting market research, identifying trends, and recommending strategies reviewed by marketing agents.
- Forecasted customer demands to responsibly manage inventory levels for multiple industries.
- Transformed financial performance of business operations through strategy recommendations based on consumer demands.
- Earned sales awards for exceeding sales quotas while maintaining 100% inventory levels.
- Volunteered coaching role in the community, conducted seminars for youth organizations to educate on business startup opportunities.
Small Business Consultant Resume Sample 12
- Worked with four organizations to accomplish revenue growth by offering efficient accounting, tax, and cash management systems.
- Consulted with the President of a sub-division for their sales improvement; increased sales by 35% within six months of implementation.
- Convinced the COO of the need to improve employee communication; increased employee morale by 20% within four months.
- Found solutions for twelve HR issues, thus allowing organization to avoid costly lawsuits and improve public image through successful litigation.
- Consulted on bankruptcy procedures for two business organizations; both corporations were successfully disentangled from multibillion-dollar litigation proceedings.
Small Business Consultant Resume Sample 13
- Contributed to overall business growth with proven leadership, personal development, and goal achievement.
- Effectively converted a failing company to profitability within six months by utilizing analytical skills, cost controls, and marketing strategies.
- Spearheaded the launch of a new product line using innovative techniques including direct mail campaigns and cold calling.
- Pioneered a sale-lease conversion strategy that resulted in a 15% return on investment during a time when the average business yielded less than 3%.
- Initiated an employee stock program that yielded more than $5 million of profits within three years; recognized as an internal “Top Producer”.
To work as a Small Business Consultant you must obtain Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Small Business Management, or a related degree. Small Business Consultants must demonstrate strong sales skills, be high energy and self driven, goal oriented, expertise in business management, ability to network with professionals, work flexible hours, and detail oriented.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Small Business Consultant Resume Samples
- Small Business Consultant Resume Sample 1
- Small Business Consultant Resume Sample 2
- Small Business Consultant Resume Sample 3
- Small Business Consultant Resume Sample 4
- Small Business Consultant Resume Sample 5
- Small Business Consultant Resume Sample 6
- Small Business Consultant Resume Sample 7
- Small Business Consultant Resume Sample 8
- Small Business Consultant Resume Sample 9
- Small Business Consultant Resume Sample 10
- Small Business Consultant Resume Sample 11
- Small Business Consultant Resume Sample 12
- Small Business Consultant Resume Sample 13
- Wrap Up