Home Support Workers provide care to sick, disabled and elderly people who need assistance. Their duties include providing assistance for patients following surgery, providing end of life care, helping with personal hygiene, coordinating transportation for doctor appointments, taking patient vitals, grocery shopping and creating routine for the client.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Home Support Worker Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Home Support Worker resumes for your reference.
Home Support Worker Resume Sample 1
- Performed tasks with accuracy and expediency.
- Outlined personal goals to clients and carefully monitored the progress of assigned clients as well as their family members.
- Adhere to high ethical standards by accepting all assignments with a smile, or any other method necessary for success.
- Admitted to being a “bad student” at times but persevered in accomplishing goals set forth after completing training instructions from the trainer.
- Shown initiative and initiative alone during the course of working hours; was willing to travel as far as 30 miles in order to assist an elderly person who needed help with basic daily activities.
Home Support Worker Resume Sample 2
- Discovered a previously unknown physical therapy and home care business opportunity within the United States while working as a caregiver.
- Competently established marketing strategy, including client development and advertising; subsequently began business within one month of return to the United States.
- Carefully assessed and effectively addressed patient’s physical needs through a combination of therapeutic exercises, massage, nutrition, and home care.
- Recognized by the Japanese government for outstanding performance in the field of medicine; issued commendation letter by Ministry of Health in Tokyo.
- Recognized by colleagues for being instrumental in improving quality of life for patients; recommended by colleagues to support social services department at Hawaii State Hospital.
Home Support Worker Resume Sample 3
- Supported over 600 veterans and chronically ill patients back to health by training in breathing, relaxation, meditation, sound therapy, and hydrotherapy.
- Accomplished training with 20-20 vision correction techniques to develop the minor procedures used by eye care professionals.
- Coached 12 independently living senior citizens on budgeting, personal finance, and day-to-day living for two years becoming a role model for their community.
- Administered medical tests on over 300 clients finding relief from symptoms from cancer of the colon to heat exhaustion; achieving results with herbal remedies or general use of homeopathic.
- Realized a new potential for human life, hope, and health after successfully reversing the death of a terminally ill patient.
Home Support Worker Resume Sample 4
- Helped couples thrive in their commitment to learning independence.
- Elicited individual and family growth after months of counseling and coordination.
- Aided in increased capacity for personal growth by encouraging the pursuit of new interests for improved individual development.
- Communicated with facility superintendent to resolve issues surrounding career advancement available with a service-learning opportunity at an alternative school that dealt with issues of drug and alcohol abuse, homelessness, domestic violence, severe mental illnesses, and learning disabilities.
- Expressed confidence in skills developed during the internship; earned the highest merit award at the annual conference because of instructor’s passion, energy, warmth, and enthusiasm towards her students’ needs.
Home Support Worker Resume Sample 5
- Achieved outstanding quality ratings for superior personal care, excellent job performance, and stellar attendance.
- Held an ability to mentor and role model students with a positive and optimistic attitude.
- Demonstrating extraordinary compassion, taught social skills using the principles of Dr. Seuss’ The Cat in the Hat.
- Recognized for outstanding customer service skills by providing exceptional care to those who were unable to do so themselves.
- Obtained award for positive attitude by working above expectations during on-the-job training at a nursing home facility.
Home Support Worker Resume Sample 6
- Planned, provided, and executed therapeutic treatments to support the personal functioning of individuals experiencing emotional and/or mental challenges.
- Engaged individuals with disabilities, frequently those with developmental disabilities, in homemaking activities including meal preparation and other home tasks.
- Recognized and developed individualized therapeutic intervention plans for clients after collecting pertinent assessments and data.
- Supported clients’ development of self-sufficiency through the use of vocational resources, recreational opportunities, and equipment.
- Implemented home modifications for disabled clients to enable them to safely live on their own.
Home Support Worker Resume Sample 7
- Demonstrated compassion and integrity by supervising and caring for a homebound elderly woman with Alzheimer’s.
- ground rules, devised daily routines, communicated pertinent information to others and organized outings.
- Developed policy regarding the handling of feces from house guests visiting with consent from the homeowner.
- Instilled spiritual values by teaching Christian principles of love, kindness, and selflessness for over six years.
- Used compassion and dedication to assist the elderly in the community as an on-call home worker for three years.
Home Support Worker Resume Sample 8
- Helped with the development of a line of co-creative, complementary therapies.
- Achieved record time in completing a therapeutic exercise program at a senior living community.
- Achieved certification as an EMT-Intermediate by the State of Florida and achieved licensing as a paramedic by Broward County Fire Department.
- Assisted in establishing the first AA/NA home therapy business in the history of Broward County.
- Received national recognition from Inc. Magazine for outstanding service to the community through support of seniors and disabled persons.
Home Support Worker Resume Sample 9
- Planned and coordinated activities, such as crafts and games, to meet the needs of patients residing in long-term care facilities.
- Consistently demonstrated a genuine concern for patients’ mental, emotional, and physical welfare and contributed to their quality of life.
- Effectively communicate with both patients and families in a polite and professional manner.
- Took initiative and assumed responsibility for independently resolving minor problems that occurred during work shifts.
- Knew how to stay calm in stressful situations; created what could have been tense situations into opportunities for laughter when dealing with children from broken homes.
Home Support Worker Resume Sample 10
- Achieved satisfactory quality ratings for therapy service, and naturally demonstrated sensitivity towards clients.
- Collaborated with physical therapists in the assessment and treatment of clients to stimulate necessary adaptations.
- Worked independently as a supervisor within the field of physical therapy, and successfully supervised multiple other individuals within disciplines.
- Helped coordinate schedules and smooth patient movement through the facility by controlling the flow of patients at all times.
- Delivered assistance to others while maintaining effective relationships with families, staff, and agencies.
Home Support Worker Resume Sample 11
- Integrated behavioral, physical, and speech therapy into daily discharge plans for patients experiencing life-threatening situations.
- Retained climatization and positive behavior with a unique flair.
- Recognized outstanding contributions by participating as an instructor in numerous cookouts, birthday parties, garage sales, and auctions.
- Appeared on a local talk show to promote and recruit clients for pet sitting services.
- Participated in a sponsored fundraiser at Victoria’s Secret to raise money for Special Olympics.
Home Support Worker Resume Sample 12
- Fostered the development of individuals with AD/HD, Down Syndrome, Dementia, Autism, and Traumatic Brain Injury through structured and unstructured learning.
- Served as a Consultant on referrals to resources in home-health care.
- Developed self-confidence through more independent living skills; increased my advanced cooking and cleaning skills; earned recognition as a certified first responder.
- Received a Certificate of Excellence for Providing Home-Based Case Management Services.
- Served as an instructional assistant for students who required additional work-reading or writing assistance.
To work as a Home Support Worker, a high school diploma is typically required. Home Support Workers must demonstrate strong organizational skills, time management, planning skills, empathy for patients, strong interpersonal skills, ability to travel and understanding of patient care to be successful in this role.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.