An IT infrastructure manager works in the information technology industry managing software and hardware projects. Duties include coding, installing and updating software, performing maintenance on hardware, troubleshooting, problem-solving, scheduling staff, monitoring systems, monitoring staff, and assigning tasks.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best IT Infrastructure Manager Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real IT Infrastructure Manager resumes for your reference.
IT Infrastructure Manager Resume Sample 1
- Scaled company capacity from a total of 50 servers to more than 1400; managed IT budget exceeding $6 million.
- Negotiated a net savings of over $250,000 with the vendor that resulted in a savings of over $1.3 million retained revenue, and reduction in Support costs by 40%.
- Spearheaded an initiative to introduce high availability and disaster recovery solutions to the infrastructure, thus providing the company with perks such as backup solutions, load balancing, and reduced network equipment costs.
- Responsible for implementing DNS solutions worth over $125K annually through a vendor contract.
- Researched, evaluated, and conducted security audits on a number of different software tools for company gateways and transaction processing systems.
IT Infrastructure Manager Resume Sample 2
- Recognized for helping establish and maintain a strong developer community; contributing to the overall code quality and stability of the product.
- Installed Windows 2000, Oracle 8.0, SQL Server 2000, and multiple other applications on test networks; maintained applications during critical systems’ outages.
- Achieved awards for delivering quality products.
- Streamlined client-server interaction in order to extend services across multiple platforms; ensured that new client’s system fits into the existing infrastructure without disrupting any service.
- Received an award for outstanding job performance; effectively used skills in building reliable systems of record.
IT Infrastructure Manager Resume Sample 3
- Managed a team of more than 30 developers through technical documentation, on-site visits, training, and mentoring; assisted in the design and implementation of large-scale enterprise applications.
- Managed areas of focus for project teams assigned to a variety of projects from e-Commerce to data mining.
- Developed strategic plans for specific initiatives that were consistent with department objectives.
- Created strategic plans for specific initiatives that aligned well with the overall department strategy.
- Increased revenue through sales to major customers (installation/maintenance contracts); developed and implemented automated processes for end-users.
IT Infrastructure Manager Resume Sample 4
- Performed configuration and deployment of application software; adhere to established standards and procedures; effectively respond to queries and resolved issues.
- Supported enterprise-scale services with a highly complex project that had a significant impact on the delivery of enterprise-level services.
- Ensured appropriate controls were put into place throughout the migration process, which resulted in a successful transition of the system.
- Adhered to deadlines for change control for planning, development, testing, and acceptance of new solutions.
- Developed and implemented new processes to support the delivery of timely applications and the overall realization of benefits; received recognition via the Cambridge Awards for “Best Tools” for a project.
IT Infrastructure Manager Resume Sample 5
- Managed subcontractors, staff, and assigned resources to complete tasks on time.
- Installed and managed SAP programs for customer reporting, bill clerk payment settlement, customer revenue collection, customer ID management, and general program development.
- Managed software teams, employees to efficiently produce high-potential customer-based unique applications.
- Developed technical applications to solve problems facing several customers; created and implemented new methods to enhance product efficacy.
- Created a team environment that stimulates creativity through the utilization of modern technology; implemented cutting-edge methodologies and tools designed to improve customer service through ongoing training modules that met strict business requirements.
IT Infrastructure Manager Resume Sample 6
- Developed and managed the Information Technology team for a mid-sized company.
- Maintained standard operating procedures focused on information security of company data; ensured compliance with identification, access, and handling of sensitive materials.
- Discovered fraud using pattern matching during every audit of source code where security testing was concerned; had proven experience in developing a determination process as to when it was appropriate to audit source code.
- Developed an accessibility plan which met the requirements outlined by the Human Resources department; provided estimates for the annual cost of running software patches on all systems.
- Identified and corrected software problems that were reported by the security department; provided recommendations to the CIO.
IT Infrastructure Manager Resume Sample 7
- Successfully managed the deployment of a new wireless network while minimizing downtime.
- Achieved award for developing a training course on troubleshooting; subsequent to completion of the course, customer satisfaction levels increased by 20%.
- Received award for meeting departmental goals and objectives; surpassed goals for processing requests for development resources by 140%.
- Recognized as an excellent technical resource by peers and management; recommended that $5000 in needed equipment be approved.
- Effectively represented the department at various seminars and workshops.
IT Infrastructure Manager Resume Sample 8
- Managed hardware, software, and network infrastructure installation, configuration, and maintenance for a security company.
- Coordinated with managers to develop departmental Strategic Technology Plan.
- Selected as the first Employee of the Month for IT in 2005 based on exceptional customer service.
- Wrote the formal procedure guidelines for computer equipment testing after conducting extensive tests on company-owned equipment; implemented changes that reduced complaints by 60%.
- Maintained overall network efficiency through troubleshooting activities that identified problems and create solutions.
IT Infrastructure Manager Resume Sample 9
- Established the IT infrastructure for a new satellite facility.
- Managed the training of approximately 25 individuals.
- Resolved technical problems for 10 remote sites.
- Designed a network monitoring system to improve efficiency and customer service.
- Established a technical department to oversee the data center, server operations, and networking facilities.
IT Infrastructure Manager Resume Sample 10
- Held an annual review and bonus meeting with employees; recognized outstanding job performance by peers and management.
- Proven in working alongside the project manager to remove bugs from the product’s version control system.
- Achieved award for innovation; contributed to the software development team’s Product Object Model (POM).
- Received second-place award for enhancing customer relations with a customer representative who experienced technical issues.
- Achieved a perfect attendance award; did not miss a single day of work in the calendar year.
IT Infrastructure Manager Resume Sample 11
- Accomplished optimal environment for high performing team by training and mentoring new team members.
- Developed a test plan for automated testing in our software development process.
- Designed, developed, and implemented a new feature to meet internal requirements, communicated with clients regarding progress on the project, provided feedback to the client and other stakeholders when the expectations are not being met, and performed security audits of the process.
- Effectively communicated with business stakeholders to convince them that the project is feasible, timely enough, and within budget.
- Participated in a monthly technology meeting with all team members to ensure tasks are completed on time; diagnosed an issue with the existing system within the original budget and schedule.
IT Infrastructure Manager Resume Sample 12
- Designed and implemented all functions of the company’s web and database services. Created application design documentation, performed source code reviews, and provided documentation regarding code changes.
- Responsible for the writing of all software modules, including database management, access applications, report generation, message handling systems; detailed coding standards, and project plan.
- Collaborated with project team members to manage the planning process of complex projects. Managed the technical direction of a project charter to ensure accurate estimates were provided by project team members at all times.
- Designed and created project management software to assist in managing projects that supported the company’s software development teams.
- Provided training to new team members on the use of project planning software.
IT Infrastructure Manager Resume Sample 13
- Managed the supporting infrastructure, including servers, network connections, and software applications for an ad agency.
- Maintained systems for government and commercial clients with a focus on security protocols.
- Participated in project management and administration of in-house products. Secured contracts through the performance of tasks and payment of fees.
- Reduced operational costs by implementing new software tools to automate repetitive processes. Installed a hardware firewall to secure the company server network.
- Improved productivity through the installation of updated Microsoft products; supported access to databases during critical business hours when most users were away from their desks.
Education requirements include a bachelor’s or masters in information management, computer science, or another related field. Skills to succeed include excellent knowledge of operating systems, knowledge of hardware, knowledge of network security, ability to lead effectively, good telephone etiquette, excellent verbal and written communication, ability to multitask, organized, and detail-oriented.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best IT Infrastructure Manager Resume Samples
- IT Infrastructure Manager Resume Sample 1
- IT Infrastructure Manager Resume Sample 2
- IT Infrastructure Manager Resume Sample 3
- IT Infrastructure Manager Resume Sample 4
- IT Infrastructure Manager Resume Sample 5
- IT Infrastructure Manager Resume Sample 6
- IT Infrastructure Manager Resume Sample 7
- IT Infrastructure Manager Resume Sample 8
- IT Infrastructure Manager Resume Sample 9
- IT Infrastructure Manager Resume Sample 10
- IT Infrastructure Manager Resume Sample 11
- IT Infrastructure Manager Resume Sample 12
- IT Infrastructure Manager Resume Sample 13
- Wrap Up