The financial Operations Manager oversees the accounts payable, receivable, and data analyst functions. Their duties include leading a team, monitoring and managing staff credit card-invoice payments, supervising daily operations of the credit and collections team, developing financial goals and objectives, conducting periodic audits and recommending improvements, developing financial policies and procedures for operational efficiency, and assist senior managers in financial management and reporting activities.
To work as a Financial Operations Manager, you need a bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, or an admin related field. A Financial Operations Manager must have 5 years’ experience with arts, education admin. and/or nonprofit management, good verbal and written communication skills, self-motivation, commercial awareness, work well with a team, problem-solving and analytical skills, excellent math skills, and IT and Technical skills.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Financial Operations Manager Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Financial Operations Manager resumes for your reference.
Financial Operations Manager Resume Sample 1
- Gained recognition for saving company $12,000 in transportation costs by modifying routing system.
- Set up and directed the work of 5 employees; organized workflow for maximum productivity; generated reports on a monthly basis to minimize overtime hours.
- Resolved discrepancies amounting to $10,000 within budget set up by upper management.
- Conceptualized and initiated a new income stream totaling $500,000 per year after designing the accounting structure and drafting the business plan.
- Managed all accounts payable functions including authorizations, vouchers, invoices, payment controls and reconciliations.
Financial Operations Manager Resume Sample 2
- Designed an automated cash flow forecasting system to improve company profitability.
- Oversaw the purchase of a new location in order to expand business.
- Developed an action plan for hiring qualified financial analysts to reduce costs and expenses by 10%.
- Recruited sufficient investment capital in order to successfully launch an innovative recycling program that would enable company profits to double within one year.
- Restructured the company’s debt, increasing shareholder equity by 200%.
Financial Operations Manager Resume Sample 3
- Negotiated and purchased a $250,000 software system and negotiated and reviewed vendor contracts.
- Oversaw distribution of cash receipts; reduced cash handling expenses by 30% by implementing new procedures.
- Reviewed monthly reconciliation statements; reduced uncovered discrepancies by 50% over a six-month period.
- Managed three employees; scheduled annual performance reviews and offered training opportunities based on performance levels.
- Developed an automated workflow for accounts payable; decreased processing time from six weeks to two days while reducing data entry errors by 60%.
Financial Operations Manager Resume Sample 4
- Implemented new systems to increase cash flow, reduce interest rates, and improve financial ratios.
- Improved the overall reporting process by automating monthly financial reports.
- Reduced customer charge-backs by 30% through cross selling of additional products.
- Managed teams in multi-site locations to meet tight deadlines during mergers and acquisitions periods.
- Achieved top 10% performance among all Financial Operations Analysts with 98% pass rate on certification exam for CPA licensure.
Financial Operations Manager Resume Sample 5
- Implemented sound business procedures using best practices for $200 million, $30 million, and $6 billion companies.
- Provided creative ideas to improve existing processes while maintaining efficiency of the department.
- Increased net income 10% in one year by negotiating better terms with vendors, implementing new financial software tools, and conducting business analytics.
- Identified trends in the market to take company’s strategy into consideration that resulted in a 50% increase of sales by implementing best practices for supply chain management and financial reporting.
- Created internal controls, resolved internal investigations and identified opportunities for process improvement while optimizing risk mitigation strategies; recognized by top leaders.
Financial Operations Manager Resume Sample 6
- Oversee daily operations of three associates, provide necessary direction and establish correct procedures to maintain maximum performance.
- Conduct final reconciliations, process monthly closings, and analyze variances.
- Analyze cash flow needs necessary to sustain company’s operations; assist management in financial planning activities.
- Receive the highest performance score for all managers during the last annual review; increase manager revenue production by $100K/per year after 12 months of promotion.
- Provide effective management and direction of a finance department of 15 associates; lead the discovery and implementation process to streamline operations, improve security over financial assets, and securely meet company goals.
Financial Operations Manager Resume Sample 7
- Redesigned the budgeting process into a systematic, streamlined program that reduced departmental workload by 20%.
- Identified and documented outstanding journal entries in a timely manner to meet company’s audit deadlines; recognized for increasing company earnings by $15 million after increasing WIP by 25% during final quarter.
- Promoted to Financial Operations Manager after maintaining financial solvency during two recessions and increasing Electronic Data Systems (EDS) revenue portfolio from $100 million to $1 billion.
- Organized, implemented, and managed an office relocation to decrease overhead costs and increase space productivity; while training employees on new software processes to decrease operating expenditures.
- Reduced operational expenses by 1.5% in the current year, and over 20% during past five years by implementing a company-wide “green initiative.”
Financial Operations Manager Resume Sample 8
- Managed a team of ten staff in the preparation and processing of financial information for use in the annual budget.
- Successfully handled last minute major adjustments to fiscal year-end reports, resulting in no impact to investor earnings announcements.
- Recognized for development and implementation of several cost reduction programs, saving company more than $150,000 annually reducing backlog from months to weeks.
- Accomplished trainer; trained eight new employees on statistical analysis software within one year.
- Identified process improvement opportunities after conducting time studies resulting in increased productivity by 20%; recognized by leadership team with achievement award.
Financial Operations Manager Resume Sample 9
- Adhered to clients’ requests in a timely manner.
- Managed accounts for over 500 customers, exceeding the account manager’s goal by 7%. Earned multiple staff performance awards from Assistant Vice President and department head.
- Released over $500M in assets from dormant accounts, resulting in savings of nearly $50,000 per year. Restructured operations to gain efficiency with a 15% increase in overall customer satisfaction ratings.
- Streamlined financial reporting process to reduce processing time by over 50%; increased monthly revenue by 35%.
- Implemented accurate accounting policies and procedures under the difficult scrutiny of an SEC audit without going over budget or incurring any late fees.
Financial Operations Manager Resume Sample 10
- Managed $4 million in margin cash and securities to ensure they were available to meet requirements of brokerage house customers.
- Recruited, hired, trained and motivated 20 salespeople; increased sales by 47% within 3 years.
- Provided management with financial information used for decision making purposes by preparing monthly reports on company’s performance.
- Saved $15 million in 2007 through risk assessment, title transfers/re-finance, documentation reviews ,and other prudent initiatives .
- Created a low cost loan program that saved the organization 1 million dollars per month.
Financial Operations Manager Resume Sample 11
- Developed and deployed tech-savvy policies, procedures, and internal controls; increased compliance capabilities by 30%.
- Built team of 18 people investing $250 million (market value) in real estate.
- Increased return on investment by 50% within 6 months of joining the company.
- Identified potential security risk that could have cost organization $700K; acted swiftly to mitigate it with minimal damage.
- Spearheaded development of new accounting software programs for department while achieving 100% on budget and 97% on time.
Financial Operations Manager Resume Sample 12
- Managed the daily accounting affairs, including reconciliations of contract accounts.
- Supervised several employees working in Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable while ensuring compliance with established procedures.
- Provided financial leadership during acquisition process by developing pro-forma operational budgets for new company.
- Oversaw budget preparation and responded to Board requests for explanation of variances between budgeted and actual results.
- Established standards for natural gas trading that led to $1 million revenue increase over the course of one year.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.