Commercial Property Managers support commercial building owners by overseeing leasing and maintenance of the building and liaisons the tenants. Their duties include leasing vacancies, preparing and execution of leases, arranging and overseeing building maintenance and work orders, collecting rent, preparing units for lease, processing evictions, and responding to tenants inquiries.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Commercial Property Manager Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Commercial Property Manager resumes for your reference.
Commercial Property Manager Resume Sample 1
- Recognized as a “Top Producer” for number of closed transactions in a fiscal year as well as landlord/tenant transactions.
- Earned appreciation awards for production and results among peers.
- Recruited over 60% of all tenants to lease space within a large corporation, due to positive references from previous landlords who had rented space to the corporation.
- Negotiated leases for commercial property management firms with a minimum annual base rent that ranged from 7% – 13%.
- Received award from Vice President that encompassed the top ten producers for the year, based on his review of performance evaluations. This included quarterly reviews from all departments.
Commercial Property Manager Resume Sample 2
- Handled all aspects of commercial property management, including marketing, maintenance, leasing, and accounting.
- Closed over $40 million of real estate deals; established systems to oversee progress on upcoming deals.
- Managed multi-unit residential property containing hundreds of residents during annual inspections/maintenance. Implemented improvements to ensure compliance with all laws regarding safety code.
- Contracted repair/remodeling work for commercial properties at local shopping centers through private contractors. Recommended sophisticated solutions with emphasis on durability. Advised shopping center landlords on upgrades that would benefit them economically.
- Provided a “Condo-Keeper” service by communicating frequently with condo owners to keep their condos in tip-top shape and rented. This included receiving complaints from condo owners, taking action, and communicating the outcome of steps taken to resolve problems.
Commercial Property Manager Resume Sample 3
- Was involved in very large real estate transactions; assisted with purchase and sale of commercial properties.
- Completed over $75 million in sales; delegated to multiple tasks; awarded contract for long-term management of office suite.
- Organized and stayed within budget, meeting all requirements for government authority to operate as a realtor. Fielded complaints, resolved problems, settled claims, and credited client accounts accurately according to the financial regulation rules set forth by the State Board of Realtors.
- Received the highest rating possible from clients on final closing statement document.
- Was recognized by the Seniors Seniors in the Senior Star recognition program.
Commercial Property Manager Resume Sample 4
- Coached and trained prospective tenants with property management skills, negotiating, and relocation.
- Trained staff to use the new property management software system from Allstate, Innovis. Reviewed records of previous landlords and tenants.
- Achieved record of achievement as a hotel property manager with 82% of occupancy rate over a four-year period; generated considerable revenue by increasing rates per square feet to current market value.
- Determined the length of the lease term for a shopping center under development based on pre-leasing requirements of major national retailer.
- Re-evaluated the property management agreement for a shopping center under development in order to attract new businesses.
Commercial Property Manager Resume Sample 5
- Increased occupancy rate from 91% to 95% in a three-year period.
- Employed agency staff to manage advertising and community relations.
- Increased tenant retention by 12% over the prior year.
- Hired, trained, and managed a leasing agent as well as worked as salesperson for this position.
- Worked with the owner of the property to educate him on growth management techniques, thereby increasing outside sales by 56%.
Commercial Property Manager Resume Sample 6
- Acquired commercial rental properties in the Chicago area.
- Managed properties for less than one year, valuing high tenant satisfaction through communications, facility upkeep, and fair rent.
- Hired, supervised plumbers, electricians, carpenters for their specific repairs on an as needed basis. Worked with accountants to record expenses and keep track of financial records.
- Established good customer service with tenants by responding to maintenance issues within 24 hours. Maintained excellent relationship with tenants by responding to emergencies in less than 4 hours of notice.
- Provided excellent customer service to tenants by resolving ongoing maintenance issues within 24 hours. Eliminated future maintenance issues by implementing adequate preventive maintenance procedures.
Commercial Property Manager Resume Sample 7
- Managed business operations on behalf of commercial property owners for more than ten years; developed and implemented marketing and sales plans to increase occupancy and rental rates.
- Provided occupancy management services to more than 1,000 residents; identified and corrected or referred tenants to appropriate maintenance personnel for prompt repairs.
- Acquired, renovated, and leased commercially owned apartment complexes; managed properties such as medical offices, assisted-living facilities, and single-family homes.
- Negotiated business sale of residential property with seller; represented both buyer and seller in transaction to ensure satisfaction of all parties involved.
- Coordinated leasing and maintenance agreements by providing a variety of services including background checks, tenant screening, and tenant assistance.
Commercial Property Manager Resume Sample 8
- Managed buildings, tenants, and office equipment for successful multi-family residential properties.
- Expanded clientele by introducing new ideas to existing clientele; provided excellent customer service in a timely manner.
- Satisfied customers through effective communication skills; handled each issue or inquiry in an efficient manner.
- Handled complaints with courtesy and professionalism while providing excellent customer service. Recognized for exceptional work performance with letter of recommendation from the company president that noted integrity, professionalism, and quality of work.
- Recognized for exceptional achievement in the field of real estate; criteria for awards included customer satisfaction, profitability, and administrative efficiency.
To become a Commercial Property Manager you must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Real Estate or building management and hold a state license. Commercial Property Manager must demonstrate sales skills, strong attention to detail, computer skills, networking abilities, leadership, industry expertise, customer service skills, knowledge of commercial real estate contracts, and strong verbal and written skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Commercial Property Manager Resume Samples
- Commercial Property Manager Resume Sample 1
- Commercial Property Manager Resume Sample 2
- Commercial Property Manager Resume Sample 3
- Commercial Property Manager Resume Sample 4
- Commercial Property Manager Resume Sample 5
- Commercial Property Manager Resume Sample 6
- Commercial Property Manager Resume Sample 7
- Commercial Property Manager Resume Sample 8
- Wrap Up