Recreation Supervisors are involved in organizing, planning and providing supervision of recreational activities or recreational facilities. Their duties include supervising the recreation team, enforcing policy and procedure guidelines, providing diverse means of recreation, developing recreation programs, operating a recreation center, assisting the participants with their needs.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Recreation Supervisor Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Recreation Supervisor resumes for your reference.
Recreation Supervisor Resume Sample 1
- Recruited volunteers for staffing during recreational athletic events.
- Planned, implemented, and supervised sporting activities for seniors citizens at senior centers in the community.
- Managed athletes’ conduct according to rules established by national governing bodies of sports including Little League Baseball, Babe Ruth Baseball, Special Olympics Basketball, American Legion Softball.
- Implemented physical fitness goals developed through community outreach programs aimed at reducing obesity through exercise and healthy eating habits.
- Awarded “Volunteer of the Month” recognition for outstanding contribution of time and resources to the department; recognized with plaque by county commissioners.
Recreation Supervisor Resume Sample 2
- Managed over 100 participants in co-educational archery league, increasing involvement by 20% through effective team motivation and training.
- Spurred an increase in women’s softball teams from two to ten with scheduling consistency after negotiating the contract with the city.
- Promoted increased activity by securing corporate sponsorship of childrens’ sporting events, increasing revenue after extensive submissions of proposal packages totalling 50 pages.
- Redirected existing programs for children involving sports, dance, drama, music, art, and science to new locations resulting in better facilities and more positive attitudes towards activities.
- Oversaw staff members ensuring safety of students at all times while catering to interests of individual students in creative ways with the objective of providing fun opportunities for self-expression.
Recreation Supervisor Resume Sample 3
- Led employees to complete accurately cash transactions in the accounting department after hours.
- Maintained the highest level of safety for children attending daycare during late-night hours when no other supervisors were present at the recreation center.
- Volunteered in the community by cooking large meals for homeless men, women, and families whom otherwise would have gone hungry.
- Promoted health education through fun sports activities with elementary school students who otherwise might have never considered playing outdoors.
- Supervised 40+ subcontractors building a new adventure play structure used by over 500 children daily before it opened to the public.
Recreation Supervisor Resume Sample 4
- Provided professional and compassionate care to children with intellectual disabilities.
- Pioneered the development of a new, therapeutic recreation program for adults who had suffered traumatic brain injuries.
- Trained staff in best practices based on state regulations and policies for dealing with special needs clients.
- Advised and mediated disputes between clients that improved communication skills and conflict resolution strategies.
- Recognized as a thought leader after publishing research on the behavioral patterns of patients with intellectual disabilities.
Recreation Supervisor Resume Sample 5
- Monitored safety, cleanliness, and operation of all assigned facilities throughout the entire park to include ball fields, playgrounds, tennis courts, picnic shelters, restrooms/concession stands.
- Raised safety awareness among employees through monthly hazard evaluations; initiated corrective action plans for identified hazards.
- Oversaw activities preparation staff during special events requiring organization of up to 500 people including equipment set-up and tear down.
- Collaborated with Park Ranger to ensure compliance with State law by assigning cleanup duty; removed dozens of abandoned vehicles from surrounding properties.
- Engaged children and families in educational programs about water quality and environmental conservation by leading educational kayaking tours along local waterways.
Recreation Supervisor Resume Sample 6
- Professionally supervised entertainment for over 20,000 young professionals attending conventions at hotels yearly.
- Trained 60+ volunteers to engage in recreational activities with the seniors; prepared facility for weekly activities. This program was recognized for outstanding service.
- Skilled in planning and conducting military-style exercises both on and off road/trail; trained 25+ individuals to pass certification tests.
- Skilled interviewer that conducted interviews, evaluations, and made recommendations based on performance results of high school students applying to colleges.
- Mentored eight at-risk teenagers who were taught coping skills through group meetings using creative arts therapies. Designed curriculum for six children’s summer camps designed to teach environmental protection and citizenship.
Recreation Supervisor Resume Sample 7
- Guided and managed safety procedures for staff and park patrons.
- Oversaw daily operations of a $1 million budget for 7 parks and recreation locations to ensure compliance with city regulations.
- Managed scheduling for over 600 employees, while monitoring overtime expenditures to ensure that they were within budgetary guidelines.
- Designed and implemented Parks & Recreation 21st Century initiative to enhance efficiency, productivity, and customer service at all 7 facilities.
- Interfaced with city officials to communicate the department’s needs in an effort to obtain funding for capital improvement projects.
Recreation Supervisor Resume Sample 8
- Developed a gym floor at a high-risk community center utilizing volunteers and resources from local home improvement stores.
- Organized partnerships with the Department of Parks & Recreation to provide year-round recreational opportunities for all ages.
- Designed, planned, and staffed an educational school tour showcasing various aspects of recreation services.
- Recruited, trained, coached, and supervised six junior staff members as they provided activities for over 250 youth participants during summer camp days.
- Managed Lawrence Hall Youth Services after hours programming by planning events that enhanced social skills and relationships among residents in a family-style living environment.
Recreation Supervisor Resume Sample 9
- Directed children programs with supervision of indoor and outdoor activities.
- Attained National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) level 1 in early childhood, elementary, middle, and secondary exercise; recognized by national association for building awareness of the importance of coaching in Canada.
- Oversaw the development of daily programs that enhanced physical activity, character development, self-esteem, and community involvement.
- Trained staff members to provide services to seniors in order to improve socialization skills during recreational outings.
- Promoted wellness in all aspects through personal health management, motivation of others through proper exercise technique demonstrations and encouragement.
Recreation Supervisor Resume Sample 10
- Instructed over 100 children a week on a range of activities including sports, games, and arts and crafts.
- Oversaw the supervision of students living in a residential area for one academic year.
- Emphasized to Conservation Club members responsible recycling habits by leading demonstrations on how to reduce, reuse, and recycle.
- Developed effective communication with parents through emails outlining children’s weekly achievements as well as suggestions for future events and trips.
- Implemented improvements into facility space planning; transformed storage areas into new unique play spaces that were used by all age groups. Achieved higher customer satisfaction ratings from public surveys (92%) than any other supervisor within the recreation department.
Recreation Supervisor Resume Sample 11
- Promoted safety of campers and staff through first aid, CPR, water safety, swim testing, training, and certification.
- Worked with children ages 4-18; improved self-esteem and social skills by teaching both classes and private lessons.
- Created comprehensive aquatic safety plan to reduce injuries at pool facility.
- Trained peer staff members to perform duties effectively in emergency situations.
- Developed staff appreciation events for employees; reduced turnover rate among seasonal employees by 50%.
Recreation Supervisor Resume Sample 12
- Showed outstanding leadership and expertise in training lifeguards.
- Promoted to Assistant Park Manager; supervised more than fifty employees while maintaining excellent customer service ratings by providing quality programming at the pool.
- Developed conflict resolution strategies with youth during weekly peer mediation sessions.
- Earned “Employee of the Month” award for establishing innovative programs that increased attendance, revenue, and morale; recognized by Mayor’s office.
- Interacted positively with all recreational patrons; often seen interacting with patrons through games, swim meets, water aerobics classes, or craft projects.
To work as a recreation supervisor you must have a B.A in Recreation Management, Physical Education, Sports Management or a related field. Recreation Supervisors must have great communication skills, great organisational skills, be able to take part in physical activities, be creative, have a fun personality, be able to work with both children and adults, have teaching abilities.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.