Construction inspectors ensure conformance with regulation and plans throughout the construction process. Their duties include conducting field inspections, inspecting standards of buildings, inspecting standards of materials, attending pre-construction meetings, issuing violation notices, and attending close-out meetings.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Construction Inspector Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Construction Inspector resumes for your reference.
Construction Inspector Resume Sample 1
- Evaluated construction plans to ensure compliance with local, state and federal codes.
- Verified the technical specifications of all job site components.
- Assessed potential hazards through on-site observation.
- Anticipated potential problems by identifying construction flaws, damage and missing items.
- Identified faulty workmanship related to results of inspections or testing and completed required corrections within company standards; provided technical support for other inspectors by giving assistance or advice when requested by lead inspector in order to prevent delays due to incorrect information or workmanship errors.
Construction Inspector Resume Sample 2
- Performed over 1,700 site inspections during the construction of a $100M school and retirement community.
- Recommended insurance requirements that would protect the integrity of each project, thereby avoiding costly failures on the job site.
- Participated in committees, which included reviewing building plans, inspecting submittals, and certifying projects at completion.
- Analyzed construction documents and specifications as well as building codes to assess whether or not they conformed with applicable codes or regulations.
- Identified discrepancies between operational plans and construction documents, which invariably resulted in costly corrective actions for the developer.
Construction Inspector Resume Sample 3
- Reviewed permit reports to verify if all field engineering requirements were met.
- Performed a safety inspection conducted by Field Supervisor.
- Achieved award as an inspector; continually sought out projects that would increase productivity and profitability.
- Recognized by the Engineering Manager for positive attitude and outstanding work ethic.
- Received excellent construction award; systematically performed inspections throughout the site to ensure quality control was done correctly and consistently.
Construction Inspector Resume Sample 4
- Successfully tracked and investigated defective construction; effectively outlined required remedial measures to the owner and engineers.
- Achieved award for outstanding performance, a cumulative year-end assessment, and numerous other quality awards; participated in day-to-day operations, budgeting, and budget formulation.
- Measures progress using administrative records such as time sheets and progress reports; effectively communicated with owners’ representatives regarding inspections.
- Tracked progress on construction projects by managing work orders such as time sheets, progress reports, and field notes.
- Collaborated to site specific standards in areas of engineering design working with architects, project managers, city inspectors (local government).
Construction Inspector Resume Sample 5
- Inspected contractor permits and building construction, ensuring code compliance and safety standards.
- Ensured compliance with the building code; issued violations or approved final inspection documents.
- Supervised daily work of subordinate staff; ensured completion of assigned task in a timely manner.
- Maintained positive working relationships with co-workers, contractors, building owners, firefighters, and other agencies.
- Conducted pre-construction meetings to discuss safety issues and identify potential hazards for a project site.
Construction Inspector Resume Sample 6
- Solved as-built issues on site; identified requirements for designs, methods and procedures that would improve site operational efficiency.
- Achieved outstanding performance award due to professional leadership skills; contributed to project efficiency by assisting in cost savings.
- Researched and calculated values of building materials based on the type of roof installed. Troubleshooted and resolved problems with roofing materials, including improper installation instructions or calculations.
- Presented best practices for improving construction project management effectiveness; enhanced professionalism through improved communication skills.
- Seated on committees for professional organizations.
Construction Inspector Resume Sample 7
- Assisted team leader to maintain Departmental and Field Inspection Manuals.
- Collaborated with lead engineer to assess project needs and forecast cost.
- Prepared documentation for construction bids, including scope of work, proposed specifications, and bid packages.
- Reviewed construction plans with lead engineer following approved plans; verified that work conforms to approved specifications using the Commercial Construction Specifications (CSC) program.
- Compiled and submitted weekly field reports according to Departmental and Field Inspection Manuals.
Construction Inspector Resume Sample 8
- Inspected residential and commercial properties to ensure that they met safety standards in accordance with city, state, and federal regulations.
- Inspected completed road construction to ensure that it was constructed according to specifications.
- Reviewed blueprints for construction projects to determine the materials needed. Calculated concrete, stone and gravel quantities.
- Served as a member of a quality control team; evaluated work of employees to ensure compliance with company standards.
- Recognized for consistently achieving 100% inspection rate; demonstrated excellent knowledge of CADD drawings and specifications in your area of expertise.
Construction Inspector Resume Sample 9
- Confirmed large structural building repairs by examining existing structural plans. Conducted detailed inspection of construction details on site and updated drawings.
- Supervised workers on site to ensure accident proofing was maintained and other safety criteria were met.
- Supervised the fieldwork crew to ensure that all posted signs were maintained as directed by the company and all forms were completed in a timely manner.
- Supervised senior engineers to ensure that quality and safety standards were met for projects under supervision for which he was responsible.
- Achieved award for outstanding quality of work on projects under supervision; effectively communicated with project managers regarding changes in plans, new constructions, construction readiness, etc.
Construction Inspector Resume Sample 10
- Inspected new and existing construction sites to ensure that all building codes were adhered to; worked within the framework of “time is of the essence”.
- Received award for outstanding performance as a quality control inspector; recognized for total awareness of all construction site activity, identification of potential risks, and proactive actions taken.
- Observed city street repair project; provided testimony in court during litigation.
- Observed sign removal compliance project; provided testimony to ensure compliance with ordinances.
- Conducting inspections of old properties during renovation.
Construction Inspector Resume Sample 11
- Achieved award for being a top inspector for the year; achieved 100% inspection completion at all sites.
- Received high marks for identifying substandard object in construction projects; took prompt action to address the issues.
- Systems implemented to ensure thoroughness of inspections prior to release of payment documents, including issuance of certified final inspections.
- Recognized as an expert in terms of methods used to ensure compliance with specifications applicable to development projects, including the use of diagnostic tools such as infrared thermal imaging equipment and satellite imagery.
- Established guidelines and protocols used by staff members in conducting field assessments.
Construction Inspector Resume Sample 12
- Ensured that all construction documents were reviewed to ensure that they met the technical requirements of the C.C.A. guidelines.
- Company Certificates of Insurance were procured and submitted to the County Risk Management Department, Inc., per State Law 23, RCW 90.58.010 – Construction companies are required to obtain certificates of insurance before commencing work on a project per RCW 90.58.040(1).
- Provided sound advice on required remedial actions for areas of concern within the construction documents and estimated dollar amount for repair or replacement, pending final survey and inspection by SEA Inspectors or Engineers as necessary for approval by project owner(s).
- Conducted and/or supervised site inspections in a safe, efficient manner, guarding against potential hazards and violations of C.C.A. standards and guidelines, as per State Law 23, RCW 90.58. 010.
- Performed all inspections in a timely manner and timely submitted inspection reports.
Construction Inspector Resume Sample 13
- Coordinated the replication of floor plans, elevations, and sections from original drawings.
- Aided in the production of status reports for the completion of multiple projects; reported construction progress to the client.
- Collected and reported data relating to inspections and construction progress for *new* construction; reported violations to contractors and clients.
- Monitored scheduled inspections for existing clients as well as new customers; prepared pre-inspection checklists and reports regarding violations.
- Conducted earthquake retrofit evaluations; evaluated construction plans to determine if buildings met retrofit codes.
To work as a construction inspector, you need a bachelor’s degree in engineering, architecture, or building technology. Construction inspectors must demonstrate ability to pay close attention to detail, ability to handle more than one project at a time, knowledge of building regulations, knowledge of material regulations, and physical stamina.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.