Electrical Engineering Technicians assist engineers in developing electrical equipment. Their duties include working closely with electrical engineers, building electronic prototypes, inspecting designs for quality control, reporting findings for quality improvement, reading schematic drawings and blueprints, and recording data to report.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Electrical Engineering Technician Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Electrical Engineering Technician resumes for your reference.
Electrical Engineering Technician Resume Sample 1
- Successfully completed the annual maintenance inspection of high voltage feeders and transformers.
- Participated in or supervised a number of engineering projects related to the maintenance, life extension, and reconstruction of high voltage feeders and transformers.
- Effectively communicated with technical staff in support of these projects.
- Maintained accurate documentation records in the format required by the company to support these projects.
- Completed a significant number of projects that included customer satisfaction surveys and direct line quality reports.
Electrical Engineering Technician Resume Sample 2
- Achieved award for outstanding quality in design, wiring, and installation. Effectively recommended wire sizes for power loads without incurring additional costs or delaying the project.
- Awarded employee of the month for dedication to job performance, customer satisfaction, and willingness to assist other employees.
- Learned new programming language in nine days; developed four programs that increased efficiency in the department by 72 percent.
- Received recognition from Regional Manager for exemplary service to customers; addressing customer concerns in a courteous manner while maintaining confidentiality.
- Resolved software problems encountered by three customers in less than twenty minutes; received thank you notes from customers for solving problems so quickly.
Electrical Engineering Technician Resume Sample 3
- Worked with a team of Electrical Engineering Technicians to design and build a circuit for a combined signaling/control system used by both the public works department and the fire department.
- Worked with a group of Electrical Engineers to design and build an auxiliary transmission facility for an existing power plant.
- Successfully installed control systems in various locations nationwide, including nuclear power plants.
- Recognized as one of the top 10 Senior Electrical Engineers; received the award for outstanding performance; demonstrated excellent communications skills and technical knowledge. Projected project management skills under supervisory authority.
- Elected by my peers to serve as the team’s representative. Mentored Electrical Engineering Technicians, supporting them to reach the level of performance I achieved.
Electrical Engineering Technician Resume Sample 4
- Recognized for saving the government $300,000 by designing a power circuit that increased manufacturing efficiency in a cutting-edge manufacturing plant.
- Adheres to safety guidelines by following safety checks when operating complicated machinery.
- Earned award for Engineering Departmental Excellence; contributed to the success of the organization by completing challenging tasks in a timely manner.
- Assigned tasks are completed in an efficient manner; receives special appreciation from peers.
- Achieved outstanding quality award; processed electrical codes in an efficient manner.
Electrical Engineering Technician Resume Sample 5
- Installed electrical switches and receptacles in a timely manner. Working with a very limited budget, was able to successfully complete the project within the time frame. Also completed a final pass-through of a large project.
- Performed day-to-day electrical inspections on facilities and grounds at the water treatment plant in West Hartford, CT. This position required inspecting over 3,000 feet of underground electrical conduit which includes systems such as air conditioning, pumps, chillers, and much more.
- Created a system using Excel for maintaining accounts payable records. Created a table that tabulates information given on invoices, which is then used to compute the closing balance of each account.
- Created a new training program for the production line employees at the water treatment plant which included instructions on how to perform job instructions, instructing on safety procedures, and completing HSE paperwork. This was completed in the time frame, using a training manual that was already in place.
- Followed proper safety guidelines while working on an aerial lift vehicle and maintained the vehicle at all times.
Electrical Engineering Technician Resume Sample 6
- Troubleshot PCBs and assist in troubleshooting the malfunctioning circuits.
- Was one of 3 Electrical Engineers requested to prepare the utility room to be used as a fabrication shop for the fabrication of control panels and equipment racks.
- Researched different types of circuit diagrams and electrical components to be used in the project.
- Performed various testing on electrical items, including power supplies, inverters, transformers, circuit breakers, storage batteries, battery chargers, etc.
- Kept the shop organized by filing away all electrical drawings that are project-related.
Electrical Engineering Technician Resume Sample 7
- Performed routine inspections of equipment and completed rewires, repairs, and replacements.
- Worked with vendors to determine an approximate cost for a scheduled service call.
- Drafted a change order for the wire harness on the vehicle repair van more than one year after taking delivery on it.
Electrical Engineering Technician Resume Sample 8
- Constructed a two-story addition to a house that was funded through a USDA Rural Housing Program, recognized by the project superintendent for superior construction.
- Recognized as an outstanding employee of the month relative to relative safety, family harmony, and professionalism.
- Helped to develop an electrical engineering curriculum package for a new graduate program with approximately 20 students per semester.
- Recognized as an outstanding employee of the month related to speaking ability and overall attitude.
- Received commendation from the general foreman on a job site for general performance during an interview with his supervisor.
Electrical Engineering Technician Resume Sample 9
- Successfully tackled phased maintenance and upgrades, which included: installing and upgrading of new network segments and fiber optic circuits; installation of new telephone lines; and replacement of the server, which also included the upgrade of existing adapters.
- Completed an increase in functionality with an old software system, including customizing for a small business.
- Formulated best practices for recycling electronics.
- Developed an automated data entry system, which improved upon the organization’s efficiency, reduced cost in time and money, and alleviated issues with low continuity in staff.
- Conducted organizational assessments by monitoring activity in the mainframe computer system regarding online security issues affecting software programs.
Electrical Engineering Technician Resume Sample 10
- Instrumental in revising electrical installations to meet code requirements.
- Worked on a team to reduce energy consumption at the plant by 20%; awarded the company’s Energy Conservation Award.
- Performed pressure testing of water distribution mains by decreasing water consumption by 50%.
- Minimized downtime of the drive motor in the compressor after inspection; realized $15,000 savings by reducing downtime.
- Coordinated on-site work on new electrical installations with the utility company; met requests for on-time service on all requests.
Electrical Engineering Technician Resume Sample 11
- Researched, documented, and repaired problems with computer systems for the company by using test methods to identify malfunctions.
- Developed troubleshooting procedures to locate problems with equipment.
- Collaborated with the engineering staff to implement software revisions that improved the efficiency of daily tasks.
- Implemented enhancements that improved the functionality of computer system modules.
- Trained others to use the computer equipment effectively.
Electrical Engineering Technician Resume Sample 12
- Provided electrical design and planning services for $57 million Point of Sale System project.
- Helped engineer the electrical distribution systems for $25 million Point of Sale Project.
- Supported electrical systems during complex Point of Sale project implementation.
- Expert at using computer models to analyze Point of Sale system layouts.
- Provided electrical engineering analysis and troubleshooting services for Point of Sale System.
Electrical Engineering Technician Resume Sample 13
- Monitored data transfer systems during the installation of new software.
- Performed fault-level diagnosis on computers at customer locations, recommending appropriate solutions for hardware problems.
- Exceeded monthly quota for error-free applications submitted for data retrieval by identifying errors in customer spreadsheets.
- Mentored new team members in the assembly language programming language; resulting in decreased training time and increased productivity of all assistants.
- Recognized as a top contributor to the department; demonstrated ability to contribute innovative ideas when reviewing work orders and resolving issues with hardware tests.
Electrical Engineering Technician Resume Sample 14
- Worked with voltage standards to reduce electrical current flow through wiring.
- Maintained the electrical system in a dormitory for an electrical contractor.
- Participated in the design of a new marine vessel.
- Presented concepts of design and analysis concerning intergenerational transmission lines.
- Worked on an original gas turbine engine, designed to maximize fuel efficiency using hydrogen as fuel.
To work as an Electrical Engineering Technician, a 2-year technical/vocational degree is required. Electrical Engineering Technicians must demonstrate strong attention to detail, understanding of schematic designs, strong oral and written communication, ability to work through high stress situations, ability to be trained, skill in record keeping and organization to be successful.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.