An Assistant Director of Admissions helps the Director with administrative and technical support. Duties include evaluating current admissions processes, suggesting new admissions procedures, collecting data, reviewing demographics of applicants, reviewing admission rates, managing the school Facebook page, and recruiting potential students.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Assistant Director Of Admissions Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Assistant Director Of Admissions resumes for your reference.
Assistant Director of Admissions Resume Sample 1
- Responsible for maintaining relationships with students, alumni and communities as well as boosting the morale of staff, faculty and students.
- Authored a 36-page electronic newsletter including graphics, word processing and layout; accepted by CEO as official company publication.
- Trained to fill in as receptionist and switchboard operator and successfully handled first call from President of the United States.
- Initiated school outreach program funded at $70,000 per year that ensured college access for thousands of underprivileged children.
- Pioneered 15 community service learning projects involving over 500 students annually via PALS (Programs And Learning Service) promoting citizenship development and anti-bullying campaigns.
Assistant Director of Admissions Resume Sample 2
- Efficiently directed activities of over 60 staff members by overseeing the daily operations of the office.
- Sought out opportunities for company expansion through research of market conditions, competitors, and acquisitions.
- Achieved 100% customer satisfaction rating through proper documentation of errors, complaints, and commendations.
- Provided leadership to team in meeting deadlines with high-quality deliverables during peak periods.
- Effectively managed time and resources to ensure quality outputs during working hours while anticipating potential problems that may arise within company standards.
Assistant Director of Admissions Resume Sample 3
- Developed and implemented a marketing plan for Admissions’ recruitment efforts.
- Actively recruited for new students to increase the school’s diversity, including the number of students from various cultural backgrounds.
- Coordinated campus visits and registration processes with external stakeholders such as parents and counselors.
- Increased the average class size by 25% through reallocation of resources and elimination of unnecessary spending while maintaining similar budget levels, achieving $500k in additional revenue during 2009 fiscal year .
- Recruited six new teachers, approved teacher evaluations and negotiated teaching salaries, receiving accolades from State Department of Education for encouraging staff development initiatives at school.
Assistant Director of Admissions Resume Sample 4
- Coordinated information for over 400 nursing applicants in a timely manner.
- Captured and verified applicant’s transcripts from all high schools, colleges, universities, technical/vocational schools attended to determine credits earned toward program completion.
- Discreetly maintained confidentiality of personnel file when verifying employment references for managers or former employees.
- Developed a positive rapport with applicants during the admissions process which resulted in a greater number of nursing applicants accepting offers of enrollment.
- Interacted effectively with healthcare professionals in order to obtain vital medical information required for appropriate admissions procedures.
Assistant Director of Admissions Resume Sample 5
- Organized and developed office procedures for appointment scheduling, updating records, processing files through electronic transaction system.
- Administered clinic operations; compiled statistics relating to patient volume. Presented medical center with data revealing high quality care provided in timely manner with lowest possible cost; recognized by Medical Center Board of Directors.
- Authored a new process for ordering stationery supplies, reducing costs by 70% while improving customer service levels.
- Achieved award for excellence in organizing a college fair highlighting international education programs, which attracted more than 1,000 individuals from 40 countries over two days.
- Oversaw departmental budgeting process including development of annual budget forecast from revenues from past year’s services.
Assistant Director of Admissions Resume Sample 6
- Trained 25 new employees within first three years of employment.
- Authored the college’s print brochure for prospective students over an eight-year period, directing photographer with professional equipment at scenic locations to document 20+ page publication annually.
- Promoted to Associate Director after five months as an Assistant Admissions officer; selected for promotion by two separate department directors due to managerial potential and superior organizational skills.
- Led 80-employee team through fast-paced transition from paper records to computerized process during 2002 company merger.
- Pioneered business development initiatives in online marketing campaigns, social media platforms, and direct contacts with high school counselors.
Assistant Director of Admissions Resume Sample 7
- Manage a team of 5 customer service representatives in processing student enrollment, academic records, and transfer credit requests.
- Oversaw daily email correspondence to over 3,500 prospective students; received appreciation from the President for exceptional performance.
- Coordinated with new faculty hires by maintaining timeline on recruitment procedures; appreciated for successful orientation & training process.
- Played key role in planning and implementing new recruiting campaign strategy that resulted in 50% increase of applicant pool within first six months.
- Restructured departmental procedure to improve organizational structure resulting in streamlined workflow and reduced operational costs by 15%.
Assistant Director of Admissions Resume Sample 8
- Negotiated with the Registrar to certify credits earned in India for transfer into U.S. degree programs through extensive research and consultation with various academic departments, resulting in students obtaining degrees within normal time periods.
- Administered admissions tests for high school students applying to nationally ranked universities; qualified applicants based on competitive academic scores and demonstrated leadership abilities to be inducted into national honor society.
- Successfully recruited three new members into the admissions team by initiating contact via direct mailings and internet advertising, resulting in increase of ten percent application submissions from target market area.
- Engaged active marketing strategies including website updates, sponsorship of fairs and workshops, and social media advertising resulting in a twenty-five percent increase in early decision applications.
- Developed a college access program for low-income, minority communities by establishing partnerships with local businesses, libraries, libraries, high schools, and community-based organizations resulting in a sixty percent increase of qualified applicants.
Assistant Director of Admissions Resume Sample 9
- Improved admissions staff productivity by 20% through supervision of staff training and performance management.
- Received recognition for leadership skills in job coaching, team building, developing office procedures, and leading change.
- Achieved 55% increase in applicant flow-through rate to the admission associate program within 6 months of employment.
- Handled all aspects of departmental budgeting which included travel requests, expense reports, equipment purchase requests, training materials for employees.
- Earned certification as a Microsoft Office Specialist in Excel 2007 during first year on the job; recognized with award for excellence in data organizing skills.
Assistant Director of Admissions Resume Sample 10
- Reviewed and evaluated all incoming mail, faxes, and electronic documents prior to reference to the appropriate faculty or staff member.
- Developed new database for tracking of admissions applications; recognized by supervisor with special recognition award.
- Performed complex statistical analyses, data validation/verification, information retrieval, and assigned application progress reports through multiple computer systems according to guidelines established by the Admissions Office.
- Achieved significant results in office productivity after revising procedures for reviewing applications based on statistics gathered from previous years.
- Created an operating budget model which compared traditional methods of admission processing fees to online processing fees; developed training class so that the transition was smooth when process was implemented.
Educational requirements for an assistant director of admissions are a bachelor’s degree and a wide range of experience with related admissions duties. Skills needed for this job include planning ability, interviewing skills, organizational skills, supervisory skills, training skills, leadership, effective communication skills, and math and computer skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Assistant Director Of Admissions Resume Samples
- Assistant Director of Admissions Resume Sample 1
- Assistant Director of Admissions Resume Sample 2
- Assistant Director of Admissions Resume Sample 3
- Assistant Director of Admissions Resume Sample 4
- Assistant Director of Admissions Resume Sample 5
- Assistant Director of Admissions Resume Sample 6
- Assistant Director of Admissions Resume Sample 7
- Assistant Director of Admissions Resume Sample 8
- Assistant Director of Admissions Resume Sample 9
- Assistant Director of Admissions Resume Sample 10
- Wrap Up