A Draftsman is responsible for creating computer-aided designs (CAD) and CAD drawings. Their duties include creating designs, creating drawings, preparing sketches, reviewing final drafts, verifying designs comply with required guidance, and presenting sketches and drafts to engineers within company.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Draftsman Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Draftsman resumes for your reference.
Draftsman Resume Sample 1
- Produced plans for new construction, additions, remodeling of homes, schools, commercial buildings.
- Assisted in the design of storage tanks and chemical handling facilities; fulfilled desires to increase capacity and safety.
- Created drawings that successfully fulfilled function, low cost, material availability, and assist with labor planning.
- Improved workplace design efficiency through direct communication with management and employees on ergonomics and floor layout issues.
- Implemented a successful change to an assembly process that resulted in a 20% increased productivity rate within four months.
Draftsman Resume Sample 2
- Assisted in the design of over 4,000 custom homes; worked with engineers, architects, and homeowners to ensure that all details fell within local building codes.
- Participated in the development of several city revitalization projects by providing design solutions for private developers.
- Promoted to Assistant Designer after assisting in the fabrication of an award-winning entry for a national contest.
- Organized weekly meetings related to 30+ member team; prepared detailed schedules, information packets, and status reports via email or computer data transfer.
- Managed 150 members on 10 teams across three branch locations; organized events based on company policies while ensuring compliance with federal labor laws.
Draftsman Resume Sample 3
- Fluent in detailing drawings for sheet metal, architectural, mechanical assemblies, pipe racks, and custom furniture.
- Excelled at utilizing AutoCAD application to create 3D models of drawing details using sketching tools including arc, circle, wireframe components to create stairways, balconies.
- Painted blacklight murals for nightclubs; created dimensional effects with paint textures on walls by manipulating light reflections.
- Created sketches for several popular inventions displayed in the American Inventor television show.
- Was commissioned by a private collector to sculpt an Egyptian god statuette that captured the essence of style seen in ancient egyptian art pieces.
Draftsman Resume Sample 4
- Effectively designed construction documents, including but not limited to blueprints, site drawings, sketches, and specifications.
- Proficient in AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012 & 2009 software applications.
- Recognized by Executive Vice President for superior achievement in drafting technical details for a new housing subdivision.
- Collaborated with engineering team members, contractors, and builder representatives during meetings to prepare topographical maps for projects valued up to $20 million.
- Streamlined workflow between departments by researching, designing, testing procedures that eliminated paper wastes from project model files.
Draftsman Resume Sample 5
- Became a recognized expert in architectural drafting and received a professional award.
- Implemented computer design technology to draft new products, resulting in an increase of speed and accuracy on drawings by 20%.
- Managed all phases of multi-million dollar projects from inception through completion.
- Designed furniture for noted artists’ clothing exhibitions. Shown at the Grand Palais in Paris during Autumn Fashion Week.
- Invented several pieces of furniture currently displayed in museums while working for a high-end design company.
Draftsman Resume Sample 6
- Prepared and executed 2D and 3D drawings for prototype parts and systems.
- Planned and organized initiatives to reduce cycle time of projects; expedited delivery by 18% while maintaining 100% quality.
- Enhanced communication between project team members with the use of AutoCAD layouts; provided design reviews, coordinate meetings, and fabrication reviews at all stages of production.
- Joined a cross-functional team that designed an enclosure system that is currently being used on five continents with sales exceeding $5 million USD per year.
- Wrote documentation including technical manuals, product warnings, installation instructions, user guides/FAQs in order to educate users about to properly use our products.
Draftsman Resume Sample 7
- Honored with a comprehensive design award from the American Institute of Architects for outstanding achievement in engineering excellence and contribution to architecture.
- Painted murals in temporary exhibits at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York City.
- Obtained full-time tenure track assistant professorship after 3 years of service as a lecturer in Drafting Design I & II, Architectural Graphics, and Engineering Drawing I & II.
- Dedicated student volunteer; trained for 4 years in counseling psychology by collaborating with medical staff in weekly group therapy sessions.
- Presented a proposal on architectural lighting during an international conference on architecture held at Seoul National University, Korea.
Draftsman Resume Sample 8
- Designed and drafted all interior floor plans for 10 rental houses, as well as prepared final drawings for permitting from city.
- Created a 4-board layout using AutoCad for the TKD logo, which was later chosen to be used on clothing and signage by General Choi himself.
- Displayed technical drawing skills through creation of a construction plan that specified proper wall dimensions and other relevant information needed to build a house.
- Demonstrated creativity during portfolio preparation by reconfiguring standard two-dimensional roof trusses into an origami pattern.
- Selected as chief designer/draftsman for one of Grandmaster Park’s projects due to demonstrated ability in designing furniture layouts and designing a fitness studio.
Draftsman Resume Sample 9
- Researched, designed and drafted complete set of plans for new construction or renovation of 5 separate structures.
- Identified and resolved discrepancies between existing and proposed floor plans on new construction projects by effectively communicating with Owner and Architect.
- Prepared townhouse foundation plans that were coordinated to City Building Code; won “Best of Show” award at Townhome Association Exhibit.
- Revised designs as per owner request, changes reflected in drawings as adopted by the USACE (US Army Corps of Engineers).
- Completed work plan details after 3 months field study including sketches, field notes, graphs, tables and reports; presented research findings before University Faculty Board.
Draftsman Resume Sample 10
- Conceptualized, designed, and illustrated mascot for mascot-centric organization.
- Designed six logos for local businesses; increased visibility by thirty percent according to marketing director.
- Collaborated on book publication with four other designers; published book sold out in three months.
- Renegotiated lease agreement between tenant and owner without a lawyer’s assistance saving both parties an estimated $5,000 of attorney fees.
- Prepared 25 sets of working drawings meeting project managers’ expectations ahead of schedule and under budget. Earned company award as Employee of the Month.
Draftsman Resume Sample 11
- Designed and modified mechanical components for plant equipment, including fans, conveyors, valves, heat exchangers, and water piping.
- Drafted twenty-five floor plans in AutoCAD for contractor’s submission to township.
- Improved work flow by designing standardized forms with macros; generated new part numbers and reduced errors in monthly billing process.
- Organized production schedules by developing standard bills of material that included quantities needed, assembly operations required, and routing sheets for machine operators using Microsoft Project 2003 .
- Managed day-to-day drawing production using AutoCAD Civil 3D 2011 and completed over thirty drawings within three months .
Draftsman Resume Sample 12
- Designed, illustrated, and produced new medical products for the anesthesia division by utilizing artistic rendering skills.
- Aided in designing, producing, launching of series of greeting cards that were sold at national retailers.
- Created advertising campaign imagery for promotional materials to increase brand awareness and drive higher sales.
- Employed creative problem-solving abilities to resolve conflicts between engineers and production teams in the failure analysis department.
- Presented design options and presentation boards to improve clarity and professionalism in 3D modeling created for company’s demanding customers.
In order to work as a Draftsman you will need to obtain a certificate from a technical college or an associate’s degree in engineering or a related field, however an employer may require further education. A Draftsman must demonstrate creativeness, mathematical skills, communication skills, interpersonal skills, technical skills, problem-solving skills, critical thinking skills, and great attention to detail in order to succeed.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.