Investigators work under agencies that solve crimes and find perpetrators. They work on crime scenes, note and collect evidence, document all actions carried out, compile reports, communicate findings to relevant authorities and make presentations in court.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Investigator Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Investigator resumes for your reference.
Investigator Resume Sample 1
- Authorized to the rank of Investigator by the County Sheriff and County Executive.
- Given special assignment in Warrant’s Division for training and research; responsible for 100% success rate for warrants served.
- Successfully completed class A course in Civil Process; trained officers to protect vital process serving operations (e.g., orders, subpoenas, summonses) such as child support orders and other final judicial documents.
- Accomplished over 1,000 arrests ranging from misdemeanors to homicides while maintaining a high conviction rate; recognized by peers and superiors with several commendations and merit awards.
- Authored “The Red Book,” which contained information on the causes and cures of untraceable child abductions; distributed “red flyers” with information on missing children.
Investigator Resume Sample 2
- Ran complex background investigations on foreign born military applicants.
- Provided evidence to insure that a polygraph examination was completed in accordance with legal requirements and policies.
- Gathered information from outside sources using public records and internet research.
- Resolved an internal personnel issue related to the application of agency policy and procedures by building consensus, developing solutions, and motivating others to follow through.
- Assisted unit manager in identifying deficiencies and recommending operational efficiencies for future plan of action.
Investigator Resume Sample 3
- Proficient in operating and maintaining surveillance equipment.
- Trained on new technologies to include GPS tracking, audio surveillance, evidence collection with associated crime scene processing.
- Assisted in the investigation of several high-profile homicides which yielded convictions with life imprisonment sentences.
- Collaborated with regional task forces, intelligence centers, U.S military weapons specialists, state police agencies, and federal law enforcement agencies on complex investigations involving firearms smuggling operations.
- Achieved expert status as a forensic investigator with advanced knowledge pertaining to DNA specimen analysis related to criminal cases; assisted in prosecuting criminals who committed sexual crimes resulting in incarceration with life imprisonment sentence or capital punishment sentence.
Investigator Resume Sample 4
- Conducted research and collected evidence to support administrative actions against one subject, resulting in the termination of his employment.
- Identified a suspect from a population of 420 people through fingerprint identification during an investigation involving a mugging.
- Assisted in the release of a juvenile from police custody after establishing that he was not connected to a series of crimes involving school children.
- Resolved complex cases involving stalking, abduction, child pornography, and drug trafficking while enforcing protective orders for victims.
- Gained international respect while developing strong relationships with foreign officials resulting in the arrests of six fugitives abroad.
Investigator Resume Sample 5
- Utilized deductive reasoning to solve cases with the highest rate of success in the Intelligence Unit.
- Identified and arrested three suspects for robbing a corporate office through use of surveillance video footage.
- Recovered stolen computer equipment from a warehouse suspected by local police as being used as a fencing operation.
- Assisted partner with successful apprehension of suspect who violently resisted arrest, resulting in minor injuries to both officers.
- Conducted criminal investigations on base against service members which resulted in charges preferred by Commanding Officer with 100% conviction rate.
Investigator Resume Sample 6
- Trained and certified over 50 men for Special Operations assignment, to include specialized entry techniques.
- Managed a six-man tactical force unit that successfully completed over 200 high-risk protection details for dignitaries visiting the District of Columbia.
- Assisted in planning and execution of security plans during meetings with national leaders from Israel, Canada, United Kingdom, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan, Italy, Germany and other Middle Eastern Nations to promote international understanding and cooperation.
- Earned an invitation as a guest lecturer at Johns Hopkins University’s Krieger School of Arts & Sciences to present on counterterrorism strategies employed by US law enforcement agencies abroad.
Investigator Resume Sample 7
- Resolved cross-jurisdictional crimes in under 48 hours; recognized by the District Attorney’s Office for contribution to success of the office.
- Conducted over 60 death investigation interviews to include victim, family members, witnesses, or suspects that led to closure on cases.
- Provided testimony during three murder trials with evidence collection and analysis without error.
- Issued nine search warrants leading to arrests and seized over $350,000 worth of assets estimated to be distributed at 1% if sold on street.
- Facilitated communication between American/Mexican authorities on scene of multiple homicides; cooperation resulted in hundreds of pounds of confiscated cocaine destined for U.S. market.
Investigator Resume Sample 8
- Performed clerical duties in accordance with company philosophy and in compliance with all policies, procedures, and directives in order to maximize operational efficiency.
- Aided the President of the Company at meetings, conferences, press releases, conventions, presentations; received commendation from CEO.
- Provided critical assistance to executive staff during annual board meeting resulting in $100 million contribution.
- Received appreciation for talent-based presentation by members of the Board of Directors for their monthly operations review meeting.
- Exhibited leadership when managing international crisis due to volcanic ash cloud; successfully
Investigator Resume Sample 9
- Looked into and researched over 75 cases of unsolved homicides and missing persons.
- Identified trends in criminal activity; reduced muggings by 56% through increased patrolling efforts.
- Provided on-site assistance during the search for the Boston Marathon bombers, including clearing surrounding buildings after detonation.
- Assisted with an international manhunt to apprehend a fugitive who was accused of smuggling illegal goods; apprehended suspect 2 days after joining investigation.
- Investigated crime scenes then created accurate 3D floor plans using laser measurements that were utilized as evidence and used for trial presentations.
Investigator Resume Sample 10
- Developed subject profiles of known criminals to be used by law enforcement units for targeted training.
- Contributed 6 years of service to the Air Force Office of Special Investigations (AFOSI), conducting interviews, polygraph examinations, and investigations into crimes committed by U.S. military personnel, contractors, and dependents worldwide.
- Exposed corruption within the military police department through self-assistance in reporting irregularities to highest command levels; received widespread recognition from Admiral for investigation plan that led to positive results which were acknowledged in press conference hosted jointly with the Joint Chiefs of Staff.
- Oversaw two AFOSI Special Agents team during international deployment in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom; identified key logistics and supply vulnerabilities in enemy target’s supply routes.
- Crafted a strategic plan for an AFOSI Section to improve military police department’s law enforcement authority, operational effectiveness, and community relations.
Investigator Resume Sample 11
- Identified forged documents for the Texas Department of Public Safety; utilized expert knowledge to determine genuineness and protect Texas citizens from fraud.
- Investigated, apprehended, and prosecuted criminals in joint task force with other law enforcement agencies.
- Documented all information obtained during three raids resulting in over $20 million dollars worth of drugs seized and four arrests made.
- Received outstanding performance appraisal based on ability to perform multiple tasks and proactively implement effective strategies that promoted team success.
- Trained new investigators for State Bureau of Investigation by instructing modern techniques for processing crime scenes, interviewing witnesses, compiling evidence, leading investigations, writing reports, and testifying in court.
Master’s degree holders in forensic science, biology, criminal justice or computer science have the desired expertise, but undergraduate degree holders are considered qualified and must be licensed by the state for private investigation. Investigators must be competent in logical reasoning, communicating, operating a variety of data handling programs, use of firearms, application of knowledge of the law, regulations, criminal proceedings, discretion, secrecy and professionalism.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Investigator Resume Samples
- Investigator Resume Sample 1
- Investigator Resume Sample 2
- Investigator Resume Sample 3
- Investigator Resume Sample 4
- Investigator Resume Sample 5
- Investigator Resume Sample 6
- Investigator Resume Sample 7
- Investigator Resume Sample 8
- Investigator Resume Sample 9
- Investigator Resume Sample 10
- Investigator Resume Sample 11
- Wrap Up