Financial Aid Officers discharge financial duties for institutions. Their duties include financial analysis and evaluation, complying with customer service, examining eligibility for financial aid, giving orientation, assigning budget to students, packaging campus programs and giving assistance to students on payment plan.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Financial Aid Officer Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Financial Aid Officer resumes for your reference.
Financial Aid Officer Resume Sample 1
- Prepared over 4,000 tax forms for students ranging from international students to minorities using IRS Tax Program and tax software.
- Performed accurate, timely, and informative financial aid counseling in a manner that promoted positive communication and increased student satisfaction.
- Responded to student questions with a smile while reassuring them of their ability to pay back their loans.
- Researched new ways to increase awareness of federal grant funding sources through innovative programs; developed brochures discussing government grant funding opportunities.
- Promoted and implemented financial aid policies.
Financial Aid Officer Resume Sample 2
- Reviewed applications and financial information of prospective students to qualify for federal and state grants, loans, scholarships and work-study funds.
- Analyzed college expenses for repayment using a computerized calculator to ensure accurate results.
- Managed office staff of twelve employees in the selection of educational consultants and lenders; met daily goals by overseeing new account openings, customer service, fund management and financial reporting.
- Adhered to the College’s mission statement regarding student advocacy by funding over $8 million in financial aid during the 2010-2011 school year.
- Metered online data for accurate underwriting reports using a specialized application with an outstanding 98% accuracy rate.
Financial Aid Officer Resume Sample 3
- Improved college enrollment management by re-designing the application and financial aid forms, which increased the applications by 25%.
- Was instrumental in increasing the wealth of participants in a 52-week stock market competition from $2.8 million to over $50.0 million. (Based on growth of participants portfolio)
- Helped our company receive its first five-star rating for performance as an independent financial advisor during our performance evaluation period. (The top 0.1%)
- Created a network for disclosing valuable information about business opportunities for expansion by creating a newsletter which reviewed new products and services before they were offered to clients.
- Developed a program to assist participants with retirement planning by sending out an informative newsletter which reviewed the performance of different mutual fund companies.
Financial Aid Officer Resume Sample 4
- Assigned students to Financial Aid from a pool of students with similar economic, family dynamics, and academic needs.
- Created waiver application guidelines and procedures; conducted numerous grant workshops.
- Provided assistance to second semester business students who were having difficulty in making payments on their student loans.
- Checked financial aid applications for accuracy and completeness.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively compiled data regarding financial aid applications.
Financial Aid Officer Resume Sample 5
- Earned $50,000 worth of scholarship and grant funds for college students whom I counseled.
- Aided students in borrowing money for school to eliminate their financial burdens.
- Exhibited outstanding abilities as a team leader by training and leading four loan counselors, and one administrative supervisor in their tasks to ensure the timely delivery of loans and aid to needy individuals.
- Won award for being the top loan counselor in terms of monitoring and improving customer service, production, and personal recognition.
- Recognized as an excellent team player by promoting an atmosphere of cooperation among coworkers and other departments within the Bank.
Financial Aid Officer Resume Sample 6
- Served on the financial aid staff of a private college for three years, successfully providing information about financial aid, scholarships, internships, and employment opportunities.
- Assisted students in securing over $45 million in financial aid from countless sources each year.
- Created an on-campus presence in order to educate prospective students about the university’s admissions process and the availability of financial assistance.
- Trained new employees on recent updates to the system software used throughout the company.
- Established a budget for travel expenses and professional development opportunities for one thousand employees based on corporate policy and federal guidelines; managed budget exceeding $500k annually.
Financial Aid Officer Resume Sample 7
- Computed and defined aid to students based on personal financial forms, family assets and liabilities, free-meal applications, and student information.
- Researched scholarship opportunities for prospective students; corresponded with potential donors regarding funding sources.
- Served as liaison between students who were in default with the university, their creditors, the campus police department, and the student’s attorney.
- Received award for achievement in student loan collection; obtained release of funds for over 2 million dollars through debt consolidation.
- Sponsored program that raised funds for scholarships; created scholarship campaign which culminated in realizing 300,000 dollars in donations.
Financial Aid Officer Resume Sample 8
- Prepared financial aid packages for awards.
- Advertised and marketed the Office of Student Financial Aid’s financial aid program to college and university staff members.
- Recognized for community service in fund-raising events; designed, directed, and participated in two public appearances.
- Recognized for excellence in public communications through presentation at a national conference.
- Appointed to position as a member, state advisory committee on community colleges; responsibly assisted with establishing community colleges’ participation in HRSA’s education loan administration program.
Financial Aid Officer Resume Sample 9
- Helped families understand the financing process for college education based on the student’s prerequisite academic and financial data.
- Worked with a team of ten to determine, negotiate, and obtain a discount from tuition and housing costs for undergraduate students by negotiating prices with various businesses and institutions.
- Achieved Best Customer Service Award; determined the financial eligibility of clients and made recommendations tailored to their specific needs.
- Completed a project to produce an online calculator tool for distribution to clients; designed interface, chose and implemented programming language, tested software for accuracy.
- Identified a need and provided appropriate training to a staff member on project management and how to secure additional funding.
Financial Aid Officer Resume Sample 10
- Assistance families with the loans they needed to complete their education.
- Kept up with all financial aid deadlines, accurately submitted all loan and grant applications.
- Found innovative ways to assist students who experienced delays or failures in their academic programs through a variety of resources.
- Investigated problems, disorders and difficulties associated with personal finances.
- Achieved award for outstanding customer service, skillfully managed students’ payments against loans and grants.
Financial Aid Officer Resume Sample 11
- Expanded private scholarship award opportunities for financially challenged college students.
- Proactively increased private gifts to the university by $50,000 annually; my contacts gained through experience proved invaluable.
- Reduced financial aid disbursement errors by 30%.
- Negotiated with numerous school districts in order to develop an “online” continuation of the federally guaranteed loan program.
- Collaborated with the university’s Career Services department in order to reduce average student loan amounts by 20% and increase average monthly payments from $97 to $186 per month.
Financial Aid Officer Resume Sample 12
- Developed the department’s financial aid programs from admissions to graduation.
- Successfully negotiated with loan and grant granting agencies to secure loans and grants for student borrowers that were denied by other schools.
- Discovered loan collateral for a University of Oklahoma (OU) graduate student who had failed to disclose the ownership of two businesses.
- Completed an OU master’s degree program in three years, which was less time than the average it takes for a bachelor’s degree program.
- Met or exceeded the departmental financial aid participation rate for first-time, full-time students, minorities, and families.
Working as a Financial Aid Officer requires high school diploma or GED, five years work experience, Bachelor’s degree related to the functions. Financial Aid Officers must demonstrate financial skills, verbal and written communication, problem-solving skills, skills of analysis and interview, organization, investigation skill, record keeping and Microsoft office skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.