A human resources assistant supports human resource employees. As an assistant, you will be the initial contact in the human resources department, orient new employees, deal with employee disputes and performance monitoring, manage documents that will be handled by human resource specialists, use the human resource information systems and any other task assigned.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Human Resources Assistant Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Human Resources Assistant resumes for your reference.
Human Resources Assistant Resume Sample 1
- Spent one-weekend watching videos, reading books, and completing exercises to prepare for the Human Resources certification exam; achieved specialist level certification.
- Selected by the national association to serve as a peer reviewer of other HR professionals’ performance appraisals; feedback was used by the association’s staff to update their training material.
- Achieved designation as a subject matter expert by the organization in my field; presented at national conferences on my specialty.
- Selected from my department to serve as a member of my company’s Customer Service Advisory Board; my commentary is used when prioritizing projects and determining company-wide initiatives.
- Received commendation for performance excellence award; received positive feedback on performance appraisals.
Human Resources Assistant Resume Sample 2
- Coordinated employee benefits, create expense reports, handled payroll for all employees.
- Operated computerized health plan software to evaluate participant choices.
- Created complete HR documents including W-2s of each employee, tax returns if applicable, T4s of each employee’s income tax deductions.
- Received excellent written evaluations of supervisor performance.
- Qualified for an executive pay increase.
Human Resources Assistant Resume Sample 3
- Oversaw payroll for 125+ employees; prepared reports to verify compliance with various wage requirements.
- Organized job postings to the company website; developed online tests for new applicants.
- Implemented workforce planning programs; developed training programs for new hires.
- Advised on employee relations issues, including harassment complaints, promotions, transfers, benefits, etc.; served as a liaison between employees and senior management.
- Awarded for outstanding service to the company’s Employee Relations Department by receiving recognition from Human Resources Senior Management Team.
Human Resources Assistant Resume Sample 4
- Awarded for quality customer service; effectively provided information on employee benefits and employment opportunities.
- Recognized for employee of the quarter; handled numerous tasks which resulted in employees receiving proper benefits.
- Recognized for outstanding performance; compiled data relating to benefit packages, vacation time, paid holidays, federal regulations, etc., while ensuring the department met all governmental regulations.
- Volunteered to update company’s human resources manual; provided accurate statistical data for new policies and procedures manual.
- Trained new employees on various HR systems while mastering computer skills to perform HR tasks efficiently.
Human Resources Assistant Resume Sample 5
- Demonstrated exceptional and great rapport and eloquence and tact in handling sensitive HR issues with employers, managers, and employees.
- Performed all duties with extreme diligence and outstanding attention to detail; achieved award for superior customer service.
- Received award for superior customer service; effectively presented data for materializing human resources goals.
- Achieved recognition for outstanding performance; identified opportunities through strategic planning to increase customer satisfaction.
- Received above-average employee performance evaluation while establishing a company-wide standard of excellence that has been passed on to new employees by current staff members.
Human Resources Assistant Resume Sample 6
- Maintained and updated employee database; assist with employee benefits, compensation, and all forms of HR-related paperwork.
- Directly contacted the DSO for department vacancies to coordinate applicants’ job descriptions with application packages.
- Facilitated all exit interviews in an ethical, empathetic way while being cognizant of state regulations regarding confidentiality.
- Maintained files and reviewed all documents to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Laid the groundwork for a future career in Human Resources and Network Security.
Human Resources Assistant Resume Sample 7
- Researched and provided guidance to management on rules and regulations within the organization.
- Reviewed pay rates against salary surveys; recommended revisions.
- Researched, wrote, edited, researched, designed, and formatted employee orientation materials.
- Developed employee handbook including benefits overview, payroll system information, position descriptions, company structure guidelines.
- Monitored inside sales calls to ensure compliance with applicable federal regulations regarding reimbursement for travel expenses of outside sales personnel.
Human Resources Assistant Resume Sample 8
- Provided feedback to management as requested regarding staff performance as part of the process for implementing staff development plans.
- Analyzed and assessed the effectiveness of personnel processes and offered recommendations for improvement.
- Placed over 20 administrative employees on performance improvement plans; the resulting increase in the efficiency of office staff and overall office performance was recognized by management and contributed to a subsequent promotion.
- Effectively organized and updated employee files, including W-2’s and 1099’s to meet state compliance requirements.
- Trained staff in telephone protocol, email etiquette, customer service skills, and other systems changes in connection with a company-wide productivity initiative.
Human Resources Assistant Resume Sample 9
- Provided tri-weekly performance evaluations for ten general managers; helped one manager to attain promotion to vice president.
- Assisted with the smooth transition of senior management; provided feedback to management during the annual review process; updated personnel files and ensured compliance with legal requirements.
- Helped improve employee morale and satisfaction by talking with employees to address their problems and concerns.
- Gathered and analyzed data to measure the effectiveness of training programs, counseling sessions, and morale satisfaction levels.
- Received accolades for superior customer service; handled customer requests in a timely fashion as well as provided customers with information regarding their accounts.
Human Resources Assistant Resume Sample 10
- Recruited and organized annual staff performance evaluation programs.
- Provided support to the Regional Manager and the HR Manager by answering phones, taking messages, and passing mail.
- Ensured that all change requests were appropriately communicated to employees and documented in the HRIS system.
- Provided support to management with employee benefits by ordering health/dental insurance coverage.
- Received outstanding customer service award for exceptional performance.
Human Resources Assistant Resume Sample 11
- Prepared employee handbooks, policies, and procedures for 18 employees.
- Performed employee background checks, drug screens, and sex offender registry searches.
- Researched labor laws and recruited labor attorneys for potential litigation involving wage, age discrimination, and sexual harassment claims.
- Provided training on workplace violence, emergency response plans, and health awareness programs to 80 employees.
- Reorganized department to create a more efficient office atmosphere.
Human Resources Assistant Resume Sample 12
- Accomplished loans for prospective employees.
- Identified victims of domestic violence/child abuse, completed documentation accurately, sent out pre-employment checklists.
- Accomplished timesheets accurately whenever possible, responded to requests for information within the appropriate timeframe. Completed other administrative tasks as necessary.
- Maintained an organized work area for company records and accurate time reporting.
- Kept an updated file of job applicants.
Human Resources Assistant Resume Sample 13
- Accomplished an effective job summary for the position of Human Resources Assistant.
- Maintained two years of employment with the organization, placing emphasis on client satisfaction; recognized by management for special achievements.
- Certified, trained, and certified other employees for human resources tasks; recognized by management.
- Performed administrative skills through documentation of departmental policies and procedures; contributed to the growth of the organization through positive actions.
- Recognized employee performance; contributed to organization’s success through action plans and effective execution.
Human Resources Assistant Resume Sample 14
- Participated in the annual employee survey process; achieved outstanding results.
- Provided a high level of cost containment through exceptional customer service; recognized by Vice President for Service Excellence.
- Co-authored the department’s monthly “Program Highlights” newsletter; recognized for outstanding contribution to employee relations by the Vice President of Human Resources.
- Contributed to Client Satisfaction Index (CSI) award; recognized as a key factor in company performance based on an internal benchmark study.
- Received recognition for helping to achieve Team Award; selected as one of 20 regional employees that contributed to company profitability based on a strategic business alliance with external clients.
To work as a human resources assistant, you must be a high school graduate with an associate or bachelor’s degree in human resource management or business. A human resource assistant should enjoy working with people, have problem-solving skills, organization skills, have computer skills, administrative skills, clerical skills and be a team player.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.