Graduates Assistants work at their college or university’s department of education, where they assist with grading student documents and papers. They may also teach new courses in order to provide students with more opportunities to pursue their educational goals. The top skills for this position include classroom management, lesson planning, engaging in grade checking activities, teaching strategies knowledge, instructional design knowledge, and facility operation knowledge. A bachelor’s degree is required by most states.
The Best Graduate Assistant Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Graduate Assistant resumes for your reference.
- Assists in processing and reviewing admission applications for all nursing programs.
- Answers prospective student queries via email, phone, and in-person to guide students through application processes.
- Update nursing student spreadsheet to keep track of student performance and other academic information.
- Prepare graduate students’ study plans, faculty’s travel requests,s and other documents as assigned.
- Assisted with student recruitment, admissions, and counseling events at the School of Education.
- Refactored a Django-based interactive web platform for online language learning.
- Tested/debugged the application and deployed it for production.
- Developed two applications to support CRUD operations, rich text editor, file uploading, and multimedia play for the existing platform using jQuery, Ajax.
- Created user manuals for students and professors of the College of Languages, Linguistics & Literature.
- Conducted analyses of data based on student and parent satisfaction.
- Streamline, perform quality checks, and update the status on the new student’s file.
- Responsible also involved general office work like assisting students with their jobs, front and back-office tasks, Assisting Supervisor.
- Performing special tasks and duties on special occasions like orientation day and cultural events as directed.
- Attained new learning experiences while working with various departments involved in admissions, financial aid, and student services.
- Received a nomination for participation in the Dean’s List.
- Data Engineering and Report generation for more the Business Administration Center.
- In contact with all the 26 schools which come under the California State University system.
- Processing of BAT tests for various universities and money generation to the university through BAT evaluation.
- Outstanding achievement award from the Graduate College department (in-branch).
- Worked alongside a professor for three years as a project assistant for an academic department within the college.
- Assists multiple professors with classroom management while striving for a structured environment.
- Utilizes both qualitative and quantitative research methods to create research in collaboration with specialized mentors.
- Construct written research reports along with professors in preparation for symposiums and future publications.
- Provided research assistance and assistance in management to department personnel.
- Supported the professor in locating, supervising, and rehiring ten graduate assistants.
- Taught Human Anatomy labs: two labs of around 20 students each week involving the use of various plastic models to teach the material.
- One lab involved the dissection of a sheep heart, with the TA leading and students following along.
- Created quizzes, exams, and final lab exams in partial collaboration with other TAs to ensure fairness in testing material.
- Oversaw the assistant TAs that were assigned to own sections and conducted performance evaluations throughout the term.
- Displayed work ethic, dedication, and excellent interpersonal skills with the professor and his staff.
- Upgraded and posted on active social media accounts for TLC and assisted the Director of the center.
- Tutored over 200 one-on-one sessions for three semesters with undergraduates at UB.
- Organized and updated training guides for graduate and undergraduate tutors to accomplish TLC goals.
- Developed PowerPoint presentations, training podcasts, tutorial videos and implemented TLC marketing strategies.
- Received local accolade as an outstanding graduate assistant.
- Prepared, administer and proctor assignments, tests, and quizzes and also graded and evaluated them.
- Developed, organized, and maintained teaching materials as per the professor’s requirements.
- Researched, analyzed, and organized data in Excel which was used in the professor’s academic paper.
- Helped students with their queries and assignments and worked as a connection between students and the professor.
- Instructed in Educational Technology at a Jr. High School, consisting of 10-12 students.
- Communicate information and goals from percussion professors to percussion department students through e-mails.
- Communicate with other percussion students to maintain a positive educational atmosphere.
- Retrieve packages addressed to professors for department use.
- Take inventory and organize over 100 percussion instruments.
- Designed and taught an Educational Technology course that included math and science using computers as the primary learning tools, while allowing students time to work on projects in their own rooms.
- Designing and maintaining the workflow systems for the College of Business Administration.
- Performing data analysis of the student’s performance, and reporting them to the professor.
- Conducting workshops for students of B.S. Information Systems.
- Supported an educational technology teacher by discussing and helping with technology related to teaching curriculum, providing general education resources, planning curriculum, and helping with technical problems related to classroom settings.
- Created classroom track for students to take courses at the high school level.
- Analyzed the recommended force of interaction between molecules and attained appropriate force constants.
- Managed research into the amount of nanoparticle coagulation due to evaporation, using Voronoi constructions.
- Quantified and recorded order parameters and rate of assembly of nanoparticles under different evaporation rates.
- Initiated and maintained a resource directory of over 100 community service organizations.
- Coordinated and directed student fundraising for the American Cancer Society through an annual Relay for Life event on campus.
- Meet with students on Academic Probation to develop a plan for success.
- Assist the Director of Retention with grade checks and follow-up with students.
- Support students with all aspects of college development, encouragement, share accomplishments and growth.
- Recruited and trained members of the College chapter to become active with Rotary International, Junior Achievement, International House, Habitat for Humanity, local churches, and synagogues, as well as local social action groups.
- Developed research skills to include literature reviews in various disciplines including psychology, history, sociology, and politics.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.