Referral Specialists assists office administration in the healthcare industry by verifying that patients have been cleared for specialty services. Job responsibilities include scheduling patient appointments, gathering information from insurance carriers and referral sources to complete patient authorizations, retrieving and maintaining medical records of patients, managing and updating referrals in an information system, resolving registration and case-related concerns before appointments, and ensuring compliance with federal and state policies including HIPAA.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Referral Specialist Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Referral Specialist resumes for your reference.
Referral Specialist Resume Sample 1
- Maximized the potential of referral income and new membership by developing and implementing a strong training program.
- Identified new ways to increase referrals and membership through new media use, such as Facebook and Craigslist.
- Supervised three part-time assistants in scheduling appointments, organizing receipts, filing papers, etc. for efficient workflow of office operations.
- Increased the number of homes visited from 78% to 95%; recognized as top performer among 18 employees at work since first six months on job.
- Determined best times of day for canvassing door-to-door; performed research on target area demographics prior to each shift worked.
Referral Specialist Resume Sample 2
- Assisted customers with regards to new phone service and long-distance carriers.
- Issued credits for billing issues, identified needed upgrades for services, and provided additional sales on products and features.
- Provided assistance to customers who had questions on their monthly statements or whose service was temporarily out of order; resolved the majority of customer inquiries within two hours.
- Efficiently processed requests for new lines, changes in service information, disconnections, and transfers; maintained a 100% satisfaction rating as stated by internal audits.
- Secured recommendations from high level management that attributed to increasing quarterly revenue goals by over 5%.
Referral Specialist Resume Sample 3
- Sourced and screened over 300 applicants for a national staffing firm.
- Preferred by clients for consistent positive results; generated $30K-$40K in revenue per month.
- Screened, interviewed, and processed candidates; hired, scheduled interviews at client sites, ensured were productive (e.g., timely starts, meetings set-up).
- Recognized as the #1 Referral Specialist within company; distinguished from peers by maintaining top referral production rankings and excellent participation in related training events.
- Maintained current knowledge of available opportunities through researching and monitoring Internet job boards and marketing collateral (company website and print ads).
Referral Specialist Resume Sample 4
- Provided excellent customer service while brokering transactions between high volume referral sources and families in need of financial support.
- Effectively communicated with donors, sponsoring companies, referral sources, and customers on a daily basis to resolve issues that arose throughout the day.
- Attempted new avenues for revenue generation by creating an online portal for clients to request referrals 24/7 from their own computers via live chat or email.
- Achieved 100% accuracy rate in processing loan requests through proven process which minimized time required to research and correct errors; recognized by CEO for outstanding performance.
- Contributed 611 loans over 6 years; recognized monthly at the branch level as “Loan Specialist of the Month”, “Loan Specialist of the Year”, and shared in quarterly branch honors.
Referral Specialist Resume Sample 5
- Restored calm to an office in disarray; organized, re-sorted, and filed information within 24 hours.
- Introduced new program for referral coordination (new account management) that increased productivity by 15% over the next 3 months.
- Improved customer service satisfaction level by providing exceptional service via phone, email or face-to-face to clients who required personalized attention.
- Posted a 97% success rate for referrals placed through our agency by following up with underwriting departments after business hours.
- Achieved award for being letter perfect in all correspondence; composed exactly what was needed every time without exception.
Referral Specialist Resume Sample 6
- Promoted to top sales producer position after arranging referrals for 30+ customers.
- Identified, developed and maintained effective referral sources by networking with community professionals.
- Received award for high achievement in meeting daily goals.
- Developed relationships with researchers at local health care facilities to increase referrals from doctors.
- Recommend additional services offered through company’s network of over 10,000 providers.
Referral Specialist Resume Sample 7
- Achieved highest sales and referral productivity in company history.
- Wrote and maintained accurate records of referrals and associated data for participating agents, including names, addresses, phone numbers, account information and other personal information.
- Provided outstanding customer service by emulating company core values such as respect, cooperation, communication and teamwork.
- Organized the updating/restructuring of automated referral software programs to streamline referral intake process; recognized with award for efforts.
- Personally recruited industry professionals to join the program who have produced significant revenue for the Company.
Referral Specialist Resume Sample 8
- Received recognition for performing beyond expectations, increasing referral business by 20%.
- Promoted to supervisor; recognized by peers and associates as a role model of productivity.
- Sourced high quality leads for new clients through innovative marketing efforts that resulted in outstanding customer satisfaction.
- Exceeded company standards for producing quality customer service calls with 98% of calls answered within 3 rings.
- Overhauled the process of tracking referrals transactions resulting in increased efficiencies, accuracy, and sales.
Referral Specialist Resume Sample 9
- Initiated, organized and implemented a program to provide opportunities for children in the community.
- Cross-referenced customer records with referral list containing up-to-date information concerning available services, as well as recommendations for additional social agencies needed; identified 13 new services within two months.
- Created and coordinated a feedback system which provided monthly reports of activities.
- Managed and tracked incoming referrals from three different sources (including counseling and police records).
- Achieved service level agreements (SLA) by officially ending unidentified cases within seven days; thus achieving 100% meeting standards after first month of implementation.
Referral Specialist Resume Sample 10
- Maintained strong communication with customers to ensure their satisfaction; quick response to customer needs and problems.
- Assisted in research of new markets for clients and companies, which influenced the growth of sales by 46% since 2003.
- Collaborated on several accounts with customers and developed new opportunities during 4 years; recognized as some top sales people within the company.
- Promoted from Customer Service Representative to Account Manager after 3 years of experience developing long-term relationships that resulted in referrals and repeat business.
- Proven leadership skills that saved the company over $19,000 per year through suggestion program.
Referral Specialist Resume Sample 11
- Helped over 100 businesses receive $24 million worth of free exposure through three high-profile newspapers and a well-known television news program.
- Used good judgment to execute needed forms according to company policy and customer requests, resulting in improved customer service and ongoing referral opportunities.
- Organized contracts for the acquisition of one new business, as well as provided excellent clerical support during the merger—ensuring smooth transition with minimal stress on staff members.
- Issued weekly reports summarizing ongoing referral opportunities; effectively implemented marketing initiatives by collaborating with nine co-workers.
- Won Certificate of Achievement for qualifying as Level II Certified Referral Specialist; developed expertise in sales techniques and procedures for increasing sales productivity and referral effectiveness.
Qualifications include an Associate degree and 1-3 years of related experience. Referral Specialists have extensive knowledge of medical terminology and insurance procedures, great attention to detail and accuracy, excellent written and verbal communication skills, integrity for maintaining sensitive patient information, as well as organization skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.