A kitchen manager is typically an experienced chef who knows how to oversee a whole production line of a restaurant. It is an essential role in the restaurant with the whole responsibility of the timeliness, quality, and delivery of the food. The kitchen manager is also responsible for the health regulation of the facility. They must make sure the kitchen is up to code to ensure that there are no violations.
How to Become a Successful Kitchen Manager?
To become a kitchen manager, you need to be a proficient chef and a great leader. It is important that you have lots of experience.
It is important to be comfortable with computer systems. Not only the kitchen computers for orders, but also it is important to be familiar with using computers to record product amounts and purchase more product.
Oftentimes to become a kitchen manager, it is a good idea to get an AA or BA in hospitality. This gives the required knowledge to run the kitchen smoothly.
A degree in hospitality teaches students the business, culinary, and the social aspects to run a kitchen and full restaurant.
All this skills can be used in the future when moving ahead in the career.Oftentimes kitchen managers will eventually own their own restaurants or work at hotels.The average salary for a kitchen manager is $45,000.
The Best Kitchen Manager Resume Samples
These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Kitchen Manager resumes for your reference.
- Held the Executive Chef position which entailed handling high volume cooking for banquets, weddings, golf season tournaments and special on site events.
- Assist servers and front of house staff to provide top quality guest experience.
- Perform daily side work to maintain the interior of kitchen and banquet facilities.
- Provide unique customer dining experience to encourage guests to return.
- General management of supplies and inventory within kitchen during non-dining hours.
- In charge of ensuring quality and preparation of food pre and during dining hours.
- During dining hours this job also includes plating ingredients of items on the menu and pushing orders through as priority demands.
- All food must be first be inspected and checked by manager before allowing plates to leave the expediter window.
- Oversee daily management of kitchen and back of the house duties.
- Food preparation, to include food orders, kitchen sanitation and safety.
- Made sure orders came out of kitchen in a timely matter, made sure servers had 100% of orders correct for their customers.
- Did start of day kitchen set up as well as end of day closes.
- Maintained fryers to proper temperature as well as change oil per store policy.
- Prepare, cook and present food, quickly and efficiently, meeting our standards.
- Work safely around kitchen equipment and monitor and deal with any maintenance issues.
- Maintain accurate food-ordering and stocking levels, including all kitchen materials.
- Supervised entire service staff, conduct pre-meal meetings with dining room and kitchen employees, planned room setup based upon anticipated guest count and clients needs.
- Accounted weekly inventory, Presented food and labor cost.
- Responsible for day-to-day operations, including supervision, scheduling of employees and training, placing weekly food orders and food cost control.
- Ensure high performance while maintaining overall excellence & hospitality throughout each day’s specific service periods.
- Ensure excellent maintenance and cleanliness of the dining room at all times.
- Organize and complete the administrative set up and break down of service (including but not limited to: creation of floor plans, menus, employee check in.
- Maintain effective & timely communication to all FOH/BOH and team members.
- Maintain positive working relationship with kitchen leaders and line staff throughout service periods.
- In charge of appointing daily duties to the cooks and assisting them in anyway I can.
- I am also in charge of making truck orders, checking inventory, and schedules for employees.
- It is also my responsibility to make sure that the kitchen is ran in compliance with health code and training employees to do the same.
- I maintained and trained kitchen personnel, supervise and coordinated all related culinary activities.
- I also estimated what food would be needed and placed orders for my estimations.
- I helped to create menus and price items, as wells as ensure proper equipment operation, and sanitation.
- Additionally, I directly supervised kitchen personnel with the ability to hire, discipline, conduct performance reviews and initiating pay increases.
- Instructed new staff on proper food preparation, storage, use of equipment, sanitation and safety procedures.
- Prepared daily production list and ensured the recipes and portions servings in an accurate way.
- Ensured that the kitchen, dish and food storage area is maintained in a clean and organized manner.
- Verified all recipes, food preparations, and presentations meet the quality and specifications of resident dietary requirements.
- Manages a crew of up to 6 to 8 employees to ensure a fast enjoyable eating experience for the customer.
- Orders the food trucks twice a week to ensure that the store has the product needed.
- Made sure that the store was cleaned and that employees where keeping up with their cleaning duties.
- Responsible for the overall operations for the back of house and kitchen area of a restaurant.
- Hiring staff, purchasing food and stock, and making sure everyone is trained on proper food preparation and kitchen safety techniques.
- Ensured that the companies standards are upheld: the food looks good and is cooked properly, the proportions are correct, and it is cooked and served quickly.
- Made sure that the kitchen is properly cleaned on a regular schedule, food is disposed of properly and the kitchen meets all sanitary standards.
- Executes and supervises food production activities like proper cleaning, cutting, marinating, seasoning, cooking of food items.
- Coordinates and controls kitchen helpers in food storage like for example: maintaining tidiness, following the first in & first out principle.
- Oversee day-to-day production and operations in the kitchen which includes the planning and directing of all food preparation.
- Monitors material consumption and orders required food and equipment on a daily basis to satisfy the daily production plan