All companies, no matter what they sell or how they do their business, run on their budget and their resulting profits to be successful, but keeping track of this can be a great ordeal. A finance intern is a trained individual just starting out in the field who works to make sure that the company keeps all of its finances accounting for and out of debt.
How to Become a Successful Finance Intern?
- An education in accounting or business is key to any job in the finance field, but what level it will be required at varies a great deal by the company. Typically an associate’s will give you the basics for an internship, but a bachelor’s will typically make you more prepared and allow you to go further.
- Your interview will be the first step to getting your internship, so you will want to do everything in your power to make sure that you prepare for it in advance. You will want to be well dressed, well spoken, and knowledgeable about the company you are applying to so that you are the best option.
- Upon being hired you will typically begin by working on a team with a more experienced financial officer as your supervisor, and they will be the one training you as well as the person you report to. Treating them with respect is key to establishing a good relationship with them going forward.
Standing out will be much easier if you put in the extra work to be reliable and well organized, as finance documents are critically important but also very private, so you never want to lose them. This will establish you as a reliable choice for a permanent hire who will go on to advance in the company of your choice.
The Best Finance Intern Resume Samples
These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Finance Intern resumes for your reference.
- Assisted the manager to sell fixed income product and contacted with clients.
- Managed the client system and made daily data record.
- Assisted to handle with securities margin trading for customer, assess their 18-month records of regular accounts and capital scale, and credit them.
- Conducted financial reconciliations using income and expense reports for two separate branches.
- Facilitated month-end financial reports, closing, and grant management processes.
- Managed databases pertaining to donors and volunteers.
- Reconciled industrial loan payments, long-term bills and utility payments for more than 100 organizations.
- Utilized Excel to perform analysis on recycling and waste data of 3,000 households, presented visual research results to the management regarding budget optimization of the new sustainable development project.
- Closely collaborated across departments regarding financial analysis and technical development projects.
- Commended by advisor as to continue recruiting similar roles from my school in coming years.
- Financial analysis, revenue forecasting, monthly and quarterly projections, client communication.
- Report of monthly and quarterly projections and revenue to upper management.
- Assist with annual budgets, financial data gathering and processing, research and analysis.
- Analyzed data for retail banking products and created margin and balance analyses.
- Created chart analysis of net income for each product to demonstrate variance and prepared presentation slides.
- Calculated data and created bridge chart to analyze the change in revenue, deposits, and cost over time.
- Used data from planning model template to create chart analysis for stress test presentation.
- Assisted in management of production units by invoicing the production cost and sales for reimbursements.
- Entered payments/checks received from vendors and employees into QuickBooks and applied them to the appropriate invoice to report in a timely manner.
- Reconciled bank statements, Accounts Receivables, and Accounts Payables to ensure accuracy in the financial statement.
- Provided assistance with the General Ledger, posting journal entries to keep track of the financial transactions.
- Handled more than 50 accounts through mileage estimation, price calculation and drivers assignment.
- Negotiated with transportation brokers to adjust price and wait time, and saved over $1000 monthly.
- Assisted with financial processes such as billing, payroll, and financial statements through QuickBook.
- Significantly improved the availability of related data through the development of more than 20 Excel models to measure and analyze financial and operational information.
- Made significant contribution to the accounts receivable analysis and reduction of credit period from 25 days to 11 days in the following month.
- Rendered high level of assistance to a 5-person team responsible for completing the financial statement projection of fixed assets and accounts receivable.
- Minimized fees and unsystematic risk while adding alpha for customers through the creation of strategic quantitative models to clients.
- Independently created 6 company financial reports and 12 fund program reports.
- Assisted teammates in correct and completing investment contract.
- Participated in non-standard funds operation process, from project evaluation to dissolution.
- Preparing daily and weekly reports, and assisting with month-end financial reports.
- Receiving daily funding reports, and weekly reports from third party insurers, then posting journal entries accordingly with company’s accounting software on a daily basis.
- Assisting with bank reconciliation on a daily basis to ensure that payments are received and accounted for.
- Maintain monthly AR reports of 60+ clients, analyze AP and AR performance to keep sufficient and healthy cash flow.
- Make timely and accurately record of AP to the vendor in Japan for 40+ different kind of medical supplies, track installment for each order and measure the foreign exchange risk.
- Closely monitor clients’ credit and participate in client engagements on a daily base, work collaboratively with sales department to develop business relationship.
- Learned to use and become familiar with AS 400 main accounting system to assist in adding data entries, balancing existing entries, producing checks, and setting up new vendors.
- Worked on financial projections and plans for development of two new retail stores to add on to the already existing nine retail stores and three warehouses.
- Assisted in daily bill coding, balancing accounts and expense reports for top designers and buyers of up to $65,000, and monthly closings for each store.