An assistant chef assists the chef in food preparation and presentation. Duties include preparing foods, presenting foods, following safe food handling procedures, developing recipes, testing recipes, producing consistent quality, managing staff, and serving customers.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Assistant Chef Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Assistant Chef resumes for your reference.
Assistant Chef Resume Sample 1
- Acknowledged as Assistant Chef, who prepares and cooks foods of highest quality to customers’ satisfaction.
- Promoted to the position of Executive Chef with over 20 years of experience in preparing foods and overseeing food preparation in a variety of settings.
- Actively participated in menu development and preparation; increased revenue by $300,000 in two years by assuring higher quality menu selections and more responsive service.
- Instructed trainee chefs on the proper preparation of food items; reduced costs per meal by 41% through improved dish presentation, use of lower cost ingredients, and trimming back waste.
- Offered training and consultation to help develop new menu items and presentations.
Assistant Chef Resume Sample 2
- Successfully produced the physical training program for a certified fitness center and served as a fitness monitor.
- Accomplished the physical training program by creating and implementing easily understood workouts, teaching exercises in coordination with verbal instructions.
- Accomplished the physical training program by communicating verbally and demonstrating skills to participants.
- Trained personal trainers in a 6-week course on nutrition, wellness, and exercise that resulted in annual salary increase of $1,500.
- Accomplished the physical training program by calculating nutritional needs according to BMR requirements for various body types.
Assistant Chef Resume Sample 3
- Designed and executed the service and culinary aspects of a five-star restaurant kitchen.
- Performed sensory analysis in the development of recipes, application of new techniques, and improvement in quality control.
- Communicated quickly with co-workers and customers, keeping every aspect of the kitchen under control.
- Developed menu layouts for vegetarian fast-food restaurants; created menus for catering and special events.
- Fostered company goals through teamwork while consistently achieving work goals.
Assistant Chef Resume Sample 4
- Overseen and implemented daily, weekly, and monthly kitchen sanitation and sanitation procedures.
- Food preparation and taste testing was consistent with the owners’ standards.
- Maintained an average of 27% to 33% on weekly cleaning, food preparation, and quality controls reports that were submitted to the Corporate office.
- Achieved award for outstanding staff participation in daily, weekly, monthly, and cooking contests; earned commendations for outstanding service from guests in recognition of my professional excellence.
- Received award for superior standard hospitality from guest satisfaction surveys from three major surveys conducted annually by local hotels.
Assistant Chef Resume Sample 5
- Determined appropriate cooking methods, recipes, and ingredients for published cookbook based on state and regional regulations and governmental guidelines.
- Founded and maintained website for culinary creations; promoted recipes with picture, video, or verbal descriptions.
- Conducted, controlled quality assurance of food preparation to meet customer specifications in a timely manner.
- Participated in specialized training such as advanced planning techniques, food safety regulations, and international dishes at SEIU Training Center.
- Constructed a professional resume; developed ability to efficiently communicate ideas via oral presentation and written communication.
Assistant Chef Resume Sample 6
- In charge of preparing and serving at least 100 breakfasts, lunches, and dinners daily.
- Trained to prepare a 1,000 pound turkey; learned the process of perfecting the art of cheesecake.
- Developed and maintained an attitude of excellence in celebrating family events while maintaining quality control.
- Trained to become a certified Chef de Cuisine; developed leadership skills while nurturing the culinary arts department’s culture that encouraged interaction within the business.
- Recognized for patience and faithfulness when dealing with a 100 percent self-motivated staff in running a small business.
Assistant Chef Resume Sample 7
- Introduced new desserts that were added to a dessert menu. Reduced the fat and calories of desserts served through substitution, reduction, and removal of ingredients.
- Introduced new healthy menus for several clients; developed and implemented unique recipes that met special diets for customers.
- Identified potential for better quality control and improved cost control by implementing standardized food preparation procedures when cooking for large groups of people.
- Managed restaurant with one other employee during several luncheons and dinners; maintained high quality of service despite lack of preparation staff.
- Trained a new employee in food preparation, food safety, and cashiering within one week; received recognition from owner as a result of outstanding job performance.
Assistant Chef Resume Sample 8
- Anointed as a “Chef to Watch”; guided and directed other chefs, cooks, and kitchen staff in the preparation of culinary delights nationwide.
- Directed a team of eight line cooks to prepare three-course meals for up to 200 customers per dinner shift.
- Trained interns in kitchen rules and regulations with emphasis on sanitation, safety, security, and courtesy; increased productivity on the line by 20%.
- Conceived the idea for an all-organic menu using local products; increased sales by 30% within the first six months of utilizing this initiative.
- Stood out as a self-starter, excelling in any venue of service, including line service, organizing special events and catering.
Assistant Chef Resume Sample 9
- Handled, prepared, and served up to 250 guests at a time; provided a variety of food and beverages to customers using superior knowledge of culinary arts.
- Met and exceeded expectation for public customer service by tending bar for an average of 150+ patrons each shift at the maximum occupancy level.
- Prepared hot meals from scratch each day according to customer preferences; prepared special food requests with supervisory approval.
- Employed varied cooking techniques based on international and American recipes in order to prepare quality foods that meet or exceed individual customer satisfaction expectations.
- Received significant notice for exceptional customer service by guest consumers; awarded five-star and consistently received five-star rating on customer satisfaction survey scores.
Assistant Chef Resume Sample 10
- Achieved excellent results in all areas of the business; demonstrated satisfaction with leadership responsibilities and accepted challenges.
- Created and maintained most efficient standard of kitchen operations, scheduling and coordination for other employees, and provided quality meals for over 1,000 customers daily.
- Performed highly creative specialty cooking demonstrations for visiting dignitaries including state senators, attorneys general, and U.S. presidents in cooperation with Washington D.C.’s finest restaurants.
- Worked 50-60 hours per week to ensure busser/floor manager’s performance was above 95%.
- Skilled in over 10 different areas of kitchen operations including dish washing, filleting fish, vacuum packing, and food preparation.
Assistant Chef Resume Sample 11
- Self-test most of the restaurant’s menu by preparing and serving a total of 1,000 dishes.
- Maintained daily operations while allotting a fair amount of time for the preparation and service of new recipe items.
- Achieved numerous awards for outstanding performance in the restaurant industry including Food Network’s John Mariani Show’s Best New Chef (2004).
- Educated customers on gluten-free diets, raw food diets, vegetarian diets, and the Mediterranean diet.
- First Chef promoted to a higher position for his outstanding work ethic, management skills, culinary creations, and overall ability to maintain excellence in the restaurant industry.
Education requirements include a high school diploma or GED, and additional education in culinary arts is preferred. Skills to succeed include a strong knowledge of food preparation, creativity, a good eye for presentation, ability to lift over 40 pounds, ability to remain on feet for prolonged periods, organized, detail-oriented, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and excellent customer service skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.