Color Guard work in a special unit in the military they are tasked with working at ceremonial military events. Their duties include showcasing flags during the ceremony, leading the marching band, rehearsing music for events, performing at ceremonial events, working with other branches of the military at ceremonial events, and practicing playing your instrument regularly.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Color Guard Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Color Guard resumes for your reference.
Color Guard Resume Sample 1
- Selected from a pool of applicants to perform color duty at the state capitol for Annual Memorial Service and Independence Day Celebration.
- Earned promotions after demonstrating commitment to duty, discipline, teamwork, and flexibility under pressure.
- Experienced in providing customer service relations during diplomatic visits and military ceremonies involving distinguished guests.
- Awarded meritorious achievement award for efforts in preventing trespassing by fleeing suspects.
- Received training in Federal Law Enforcement Education and Training program; well-versed in laws related to border security, immigration enforcement, customs procedures, witness protection programs, firearms operations, search detention and arrest warrants.
Color Guard Resume Sample 2
- Guided and supervised the development of over 30 new recruits by creating safe, enriching work environment.
- Received Regional Commander’s award for dedication, teamwork, and community service during ice storm cleanup efforts.
- Honored with Superintendent’s Award of Excellence for exceptional leadership and commitment to agency mission.
- Assisted in the creation of a color guard program at an elementary school; Invited to perform at local ball games and civic events.
- Promoted to the rank of First Sergeant after leading troops in combat operations overseas.
Color Guard Resume Sample 3
- Managed all aspects of safety and security for visiting dignitaries, senators, and other high-ranking officials.
- Implemented three weeks of training to ensure proper advancements; recognized by my superiors for outstanding performance.
- Assisted in the planning and execution of hundreds of military ceremonies that incorporate the honor guard into ceremonial duties.
- Provided protection services during high-profile visits by world leaders at national events including presidential inaugurations, coronations, parades, state funerals, state arrival ceremonies, conferences abroad.
- Presented highest awards posthumously to family members of fallen officers who made the ultimate sacrifice while serving their communities.
Color Guard Resume Sample 4
- Provided ceremonial support for over 100 events.
- Represented the United States of America in six foreign countries during national days of celebration, including participation in a three-day parade with an estimated audience of 1 million people.
- Recognized by Commander as dependable performer; prepared and executed color ceremony drills upon demand without error or hesitation.
- Encouraged to test for Rank E-7 (Sergeant First Class) after completing 25 years of service; attaining nearly all points possible on promotion exam.
- Received appreciation letter for contributions towards establishing new record high performance levels at unit level, sustaining morale throughout organization during lean economic times, and improving overall effectiveness several percentage points above national average.
Color Guard Resume Sample 5
- Improved unit tactical efficiency by 50% through color guard training.
- Acquired formal certification in color guard procedure and inspection standards, rifle inspection standards, close order drill, military courtesies.
- Achieved expertise of historic significance after recreating several historic flags throughout school career including the one flown during the Boston Tea Party.
- Promoted knowledge and understanding of American heritage and history to students and public through ceremonies and educational outreach programs.
- Respected as a world leader in ceremonial activities; received letters of appreciation from civic organizations, business leaders, athletes, U.S. Congresswoman Shirley Chisholm; recognized by State Assembly for contributions to education for children with special needs.
Color Guard Resume Sample 6
- Presented over 100 color guard performances during military funerals, holiday ceremonies, and parades.
- Designed new uniforms for the color guard using fabric acquired from surplus stores at a discounted price.
- Cross-trained as an Equitation rider to learn how horses are taught preliminaries in preparation of drill maneuvers.
- Volunteered off-duty hours to instruct children’s classes with American Flag etiquette, flag folding ceremony techniques, color guard presentation techniques, and proper use of flags.
- Promoted to rank of Senior Airman after completion of first term enlistment contract by demonstrating excellent physical fitness results on work capacity testing compared to other members’ test results.
Color Guard Resume Sample 7
- Took part in 22 color guard parades and performances for various holiday and recruitment celebrations.
- Provided safe enforcement of crowd control during Christmas parade; recognized by supervisor for outstanding performance.
- Performed duties while balancing a rifle on shoulders with eyes closed at annual military tattoo show; recognized by commanding officer, awarded medal of honor.
- Achieved professional certifications required to perform security roles including identifying all laws related to weapons violations, promotion of fire safety awareness, and knowledge of emergency medical services operations.
- Ensured public access was available to view the Parade of Nations during international sporting competition.
Color Guard Resume Sample 8
- Performed as a member of the color guard at thousands of professional athletic events including football, hockey, and rugby games.
- Followed rigorous training plan to prepare for 53 weeks before first performance marching in three different parades every day during the week leading up to Christmas.
- Instrumental in organizing members, rehearsals, schedules, travel arrangements.
- Upholding American traditions by honoring the troops through public flag presentation ceremonies during special military events such as homecomings and welcomes from deployments.
- Received awards for superior achievement from Federal Law Enforcement agencies, United States Olympic Committee Sports Performance Team, American Diabetes Association for commitment to community service programs.
Color Guard Resume Sample 9
- Achieved expert qualification and consistent top scores on qualification range with M9.
- Earned best team captain award for 2 consecutive years, while leading squad to achieve first place at Regional Finals in 2005 and 2006.
- Received Excellence in Color Guard award for superior performance during Battle Color Ceremony.
- Skilled trainer of Operations Security (OPSEC) during deployment; educated Marines on techniques to prevent terrorist attacks by hiding presence on base.
- Awarded Expert Marksmanship Badge; earned all requirements except one perfect score at weapons firing range using the 9-mm Beretta Pistol shoot twice over a 3-year period.
Color Guard Resume Sample 10
- Carried a variety of weapons with discipline and professionalism in a wide range of tactical situations.
- Guarded, protected, and led culturally diverse groups from the US Army, US Navy, US Marine Corps., US Air Force Reserve, and VA hospital during military ceremonies.
- Recognized for excellence in performing rituals by successfully leading 22 formal events attended by over 5500 people that included heads of state before retiring from active service.
- Honored as a Distinguished Color Guard member for 19 consecutive years; awarded best flag presentation in 1985 at major drill competition.
- Sent to Saudi Arabia during Operation Desert Shield/Storm to provide ceremonial support services in a hot combat zone within 48 hours of receiving orders; assisted with the construction of an airfield, served as liaison between US commanders and Saudi military personnel.
Color Guard Resume Sample 11
- Promoted the team to first place overall in competition for best performance, technique, and synchronization.
- Ranked #3 nationally after earning 12th place in division 3A.
- Recognized as “most outstanding member” of color guard by band directors association at school honors night.
- Awarded gold medal during presentation of colors at opening ceremonies at University of Florida football games.
- Provided security for U.S Chief Justice William Rehnquist during inauguration ceremony by protecting dignitaries from hostile elements within the crowd.
To become a Color Guard, you will need a High School Diploma or equivalent, and complete the mandatory military basic training, and complete Color Guard training. The skills needed for this position are discipline, strong communication skills, stamina, team worker, attention to detail, analytical skills, ability to play an instrument, and time management skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Color Guard Resume Samples
- Wrap Up