Information technology support personnel resolve the glitches that arise with the use of technology. Such IT gurus troubleshoot problems reported, come up with solutions, receive requests to perform specialized tasks by the users, maintain the business hardware, create specialized software accounts for employees, document all activities and work with management in the handling of their information system.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best IT Support Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real IT Support resumes for your reference.
IT Support Resume Sample 1
- Proactively assisted in the purchase and implementation of new computer hardware and software.
- Provided technical support to users regarding hardware and software issues.
- Participated in the design, installation, and test of new network operating systems.
- Banded together with a select group of peers who were instrumental in locating and installing new hardware while working closely with Information Technology management during the implementation phase of a new intranet system.
- Proven instrumental in application development for role-based access, security, user management, step-by-step walkthrough, online help desk ticketing system.
IT Support Resume Sample 2
- Solved computer problems, installed new software, and repaired damage to electronic data.
- Provided support to Information Technology department by providing input on server specifications and network setup.
- Developed a comprehensive plan for providing IT support, drew up specifications for hardware and software purchases which were determined by the IT Department.
- Aligned two departmental budgets, including financial forecasts and estimated expense for fiscal year 2016.
- Maintained a high level of efficiency in performance during the Executive Pay Cycle.
IT Support Resume Sample 3
- Expertly diagnosed and resolved computer problems in a timely manner. Heeded customer’s instructions while producing high quality results.
- Updated, maintained, and secured city’s computer network; advanced knowledge to troubleshoot and repair networks.
- Provided 24/7 on-call technical support for critical systems. Provided leadership for an eight-member team of technicians performing Cisco router maintenance for Universal Service Fund grants management software at two call centers servicing the public.
- Proposed new policies with the objective of increasing employee morale through enhanced training programs on various IT topics.
- Polished IT training material for new employees to prevent waste, miscommunication, and duplication of information.
IT Support Resume Sample 4
- Improved PC service by conducting maintenance, troubleshooting, and system updates for multiple systems.
- Assisted business by implementing information technology systems and procedures.
- Extensively used Microsoft Office suite of applications; proficient with Windows Operating System in Windows XP, Vista, and 7.
- Maintained computer security by identifying new risks to information protection due to viruses, spyware, and worms.
- Installed new hardware and software programs as directed; performed assistance tasks in support of the IT department.
IT Support Resume Sample 5
- Provided prompt and knowledgeable answers to inbound calls, e-mails, and chats.
- Researched, reported on, and provided effective solutions to technical issues; helped the end-user become MVP by next TAT.
- Reviewed customer service survey feedback, synthesized the information into a plan for improvement which increased customer satisfaction by 20%.
- Coached Sales associates in telephone etiquette to increase assertiveness when resolving customer issues.
- Developed risk analysis for new processes; avoided errors within existing applications due to willingness to learn.
IT Support Resume Sample 6
- Enabled all businesses in a division to increase profits, revenues, and streamlining with cost-effective enterprise solutions for the Internet.
- Migrated all computers from DOS to Windows; reduced costs, dramatically accelerated the speed of processing payroll checks, and simplified training for new hires.
- Achieved personal and business goals by assuming a leadership role in developing a cross-division task force that resolved conflicts between systems designed by conflicting companies.
- Worked over time every week for eight months organizing data into self-maintaining databases; increased efficiency by 30%, which generated thousands of dollars that were used to purchase additional equipment to support future growth.
- Received award for outstanding performance; motivated fellow employees by identifying educational opportunities, filing grievances effectively, and resolving conflicts and conflicts effectively.
IT Support Resume Sample 7
- Optimized and supported over 30 networked systems, five desktop computers, and four laptops.
- Performed and instilled in our employees the importance of prioritizing daily tasks so that computer systems are not overloaded.
- Demonstrated excellent knowledge of all features of all products which we support from installing new computers to troubleshooting any problems that may occur.
- Stayed abreast with new operating systems for the district, as well as for clients within the district.
- Held position of supervisor with a positive attitude when dealing face-to-face daily with a number of people throughout the district and some onsite clients.
IT Support Resume Sample 8
- Managed computer, networking, and telecommunications systems. Created a manual of procedures and monitored compliance.
- Troubleshoot and resolve computer problems in a timely manner.
- Create and implement new systems to support client needs.
- Maintain management of schedule optimization to ensure maximum productivity while adhering to deadlines.
- Develop educational seminars for clients regarding updates on software capabilities and security concerns. Worked with other departments to ensure the transition is smooth with minimal disruption of service delivery or client functions during the upgrade process.
IT Support Resume Sample 9
- Salvaged a failed tech support project; prevented a disaster by implementing new protocols, communication methods, and team dynamics.
- Supported communications needs of customers; optimized systems performance, reliability, and security.
- Increased system activity through proactive management of bandwidth and bandwidth requirements.
- Analyzed data for customer satisfaction assessments by implementing incentive programs to increase customer satisfaction scores.
- Successfully managed as a key member of the customer service team; achieved 100% customer satisfaction despite high call volume and employee turnover rate.
IT Support Resume Sample 10
- Distinguished me as the most knowledgeable and approachable employee in my department by providing customers with clear, concise IT solutions.
- Created a more productive work environment by implementing new standard operating procedures for department-wide application of company software.
- Programmed and tested software to ensure quality performance; dispatched daily technical support issues to enhance customer service standards.
- Led a team in user-satisfying programming during group projects; inspired group members to accomplish objectives through leadership abilities.
- Demonstrated remarkable technological skills during annual project presentations, proving superior knowledge in computer and software applications for database development.
IT Support Resume Sample 11
- Maintained the functions of an IT department for a medium-sized business; provided 24/7 technical support to the publishing industry, television and radio, and number of companies in their respective industries.
- Increased sales by 60% by maintaining customer service standards and communication with clients to solve billing and/or technical problems. Identified and implemented cost-cutting measures deemed beneficial to clients while maintaining high customer satisfaction ratings.
- Partnered with a software development company to develop applications that would be cost-effective for the client. Defined and explained required functionalities to be incorporated into the program.
- Promoted organizational efficiency that saved the client money by developing a database management system. Set up the database by installing software, connecting the hardware, and training personnel in its use.
- Maintained systems for a medium-sized business; computerized records, maintained server software, and removed corrupted files.
IT Support Resume Sample 12
- Assisted customers by answering questions, training, troubleshooting, and determining software needs.
- Completed speed tests recommending upgrades for company web-page traffic.
- Trained client staff to upload company files to a co-located Web server in preparation for outsourcing.
- Credited as prime technical resource contributor to the deployment of an automated sales ordering system; developed, deployed and maintained Order Entry module using PowerBuilder/SQL Server/Crystal Reports/dBase IV.
- Implemented a database and communications network with analysis and communication interface using Access/Visual Basic/Excel connecting a local Department of Motor Vehicles to an external firm’s mainframe.
IT support staff have an associate degree in information systems or certification in A+, ACMT, HDI-CSR or ITIL Foundation. You need to demonstrate strong skills in communication, problem-solving, handling of technology, serving employees, report writing, attention to detail and teamwork.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.