An EDI developer is a specialist at using electronic data interchange (EDI) software. Their duties include developing EDI software, testing EDI software, implementing EDI software, transaction mapping, processing corporate transactions, testing transaction maps, and explaining results to clients.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Edi Developer Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Edi Developer resumes for your reference.
EDI Developer Resume Sample 1
- Utilized the C++ programming language to resolve problems associated within multi-tiered applications.
- Received praise from development team for creating a new module, which streamlined production.
- Managed debugging of a Windows-based system; resolved problems within 6 weeks.
- Rewrote an antiquated DOS script in Visual Basic; contributed to a streamlined process.
- Innovatively designed an application to ensure data accuracy; saved $75,000 annually with this application.
EDI Developer Resume Sample 2
- Developed dynamic EDI processes and procedures, including EDI-enabled databases and applications.
- Created a new process to streamline the processing of orders.
- Collaborated with other team members to develop a user-friendly interface for an existing application.
- Increased the use of technology in public libraries by integrating select functionality into existing systems, including an automated patron information system that supports all library workflows, from collection development to cataloging.
- Handled production issues related to all aspects of the workflow process with quick turn-around, high productivity, and exceptional customer service.
EDI Developer Resume Sample 3
- Optimized EDI processes ensuring timely processing of transactions. Also, upgraded and created EDI reports.
- Recognized by division in developing an electronic interface with other divisions via database queries; reduced time in transferring data by 60%.
- Earned departmental award for developing new method of organizing files; plan improved access to files by 25%.
- Achieved company-wide bonus due to outstanding performance in resolving problems within the division.
- Received recognition as an excellent source for feedback from customers (both internal and external).
EDI Developer Resume Sample 4
- Implemented the required information systems to ensure accurate and timely distribution of EDI orders to customers.
- Created an EDI and X12 Order Management System (OMS) that allows customers to order items electronically, and also enables us to process orders faster, resulting in significant time savings.
- Designed and developed a World Wide Web (WWW) application that generated sales leads for various products through the use of a ‘virtual store’.
- Initiated the design, development, implementation, operation, and maintenance of an enterprise-level web site including the E-Commerce function.
- Wrote the company’s web server application, which made us one of the first companies in our industry to offer an on-line service for customers.
EDI Developer Resume Sample 5
- Developed, implemented and assisted in the production/delivery of EDI programs for corporate clients.
- Implemented and produced various business intelligence applications for internal business use.
- Educated clients regarding their COMMLink abilities.
- Designed and built website that engaged customers in a competitive marketplace by providing them with information on their local grocery stores.
- Communicated with various departments to ensure product delivery for client’s satisfaction.
EDI Developer Resume Sample 6
- Supported major EDI enhancements in a timely, quality manner; passed exams administered by consumer reporting agencies to maintain certification.
- Exposed existing security vulnerabilities in the system and proposed solutions that met industry standards.
- Achieved another accountability award for outstanding quality of work and on time delivery standards.
- Knew how to put together a business plan using Microsoft Excel; resolved customer technical difficulties and issues immediately following purchase of Microsoft Powerpoint which resulted in increased productivity for the department as a whole; made significant contributions to the technology department prior to departure from the company.
- Completed development of the company’s first ISO 9000 series quality system.
EDI Developer Resume Sample 7
- Developed user-friendly applications that integrated with a variety of systems.
- Implemented business rules for the application.
- Designed reports’ interface using MicroStation, CAD, and LogiCAD.
- Resolved system issues and created configuration standards for all developers to follow.
- Reduced knowledge transfer time from three months to two days by developing a process manual that was used as a training tool for new hires.
EDI Developer Resume Sample 8
- Met objectives by developing custom solutions and enhancements to existing software, under the direction of business owners.
- Delivered software products through implementation of business requirements, design, implementation and unit testing.
- Achieved 99% test coverage on all components; consistently maintained code quality through use of automated unit testing framework in addition to manual testing.
- Implemented management tools that enabled effective QA processes and defect tracking systems.
- Developed product profiles that helped manage larger-scale releases by identifying dependencies between releases.
EDI Developer Resume Sample 9
- Monitored and facilitated program development for system integration with the banking system and core functionalities for business analysis, workflow, security, report generation, communication.
- Designed interfaces to access customer information from other systems.
- Provided technical assistance to help users with problem solving.
- Substantiated audit findings of customer statements and determined appropriate amendments to information systems; reported to management on this activity.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in a team environment; developed customer service training materials for use by all employees.
EDI Developer Resume Sample 10
- Developed software packages, including testing procedures; work that resulted in a cost savings of $200,000 to the company.
- Resolved complex technical difficulties and enhanced system performance by modifying software for multiple departments.
- Designed and implemented new system procedures for a multi-million dollar project; completed project on time and within budget despite a change order.
- Implemented enhancements to core systems, resulting in an enhancement of the entire billing process; implemented improvements with zero defects.
- Reorganized the development department during a period of growth; standardized processes and reduced overhead costs.
EDI Developer Resume Sample 11
- Created a program in Perl that was used for the first time by the company for updating its database systems.
- Reduced the time spent by employees on customer support calls to customer service department by over 65% with an implemented program that addressed customers’ concerns and complaints.
- Provided a consistent and accurate method for customers to update their accounts information through an application that I created.
- Wrote an application in C++ to track customer accounts with the company using client/server technology.
- Streamlined production of design documents and assembled a training video on how to update a database; resulted in increased productivity of employees.
EDI Developer Resume Sample 12
- Developed and implemented a visual vendor relationship manager to track and report on communication between the client and the vendor.
- Written scripts to capture all open Purchase Orders, also developed a script to capture all open POs that have been submitted but have not yet been received by the vendor; programs were completed in less than one month.
- Sequenced completed code snippets into a logical code flow; program was implemented within one week of receiving coding.
- Designed, implemented, and maintained custom ERP systems using C++, SQL Server and Visual Basic 6, 7; successfully completed projects in less than 30 days.
- Created a complex script capable of parsing a large XML file and converting it into a customizable format; less than 48 hours were required to build this script and implement it for use.
EDI Developer Resume Sample 13
- Created, implemented and maintained a COM component from start to finish.
- Created, tested, documented and documented all changes using a comprehensive versioning system.
- Met and exceeded all schedules.
- Developed a replacement name service cache (NSC) component to handle EDI queries with minimal loss of performance.
- Developed a COM component to be used by other applications.
An EDI Developer usually has a degree in computer science, software engineering, or electrical engineering. An EDI Developer must be good with computers, enjoy working with software, be able to solve complex problems, be able to deliver results, enjoy working with IT professionals, enjoy data entry, be detail oriented, and good at explaining technology to others.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Edi Developer Resume Samples
- EDI Developer Resume Sample 1
- EDI Developer Resume Sample 2
- EDI Developer Resume Sample 3
- EDI Developer Resume Sample 4
- EDI Developer Resume Sample 5
- EDI Developer Resume Sample 6
- EDI Developer Resume Sample 7
- EDI Developer Resume Sample 8
- EDI Developer Resume Sample 9
- EDI Developer Resume Sample 10
- EDI Developer Resume Sample 11
- EDI Developer Resume Sample 12
- EDI Developer Resume Sample 13
- Wrap Up