These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real System Administrator resumes for your reference.
- Provide Tier 3 systems administration support to include day to day monitoring of system logs to include identifying errors, writing powershell scripts to parse Windows event logs, determine issues, and devise appropriate efficient solutions to resolve all issues for the entire infrastructure environment.
- Monitor Azure cloud infrastructure using custom dashboards.
- Implemented WSUS/SCCM integration and created monthly phased patching process.
- Troubleshoot deployment issues, desktop software conflicts and client health issues.
- Manage Active Directory accounts and group policy.
- Supported Desktop Images thru Acronis / Norton Ghost applications.
- Installation of Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 in single server and failover environments.
- Configure and maintain Dell/EMC SAN storage units.
- Log, track, and monitor all service tickets via Remedy ticket system.
- Manage Active Directory account creation, modification, and access right.
- Reduced IT department costs by planning and consolidating file server environment.
- Developed cost reducing hardware and software recommendations for management as technology improved.
- Improved the productivity of the Level II support staff by implementing products like ZENworks.
- Provide helpdesk and infrastructure support for over 500 users, including Fire and Rescue, County and District Attorney Offices, Courts, Sheriff’s Office and the Detention Center.
- Proficient in Windows Server, Exchange, Quest Netvault Backup, Gems Financial System, and common business applications. Experienced in Shoretel, VMware vSphere and VDI, Docuware, Barracuda Spam and Webfilter appliances.
- Responsible for server and workstation installation, deployment and management.
- Magazine Division of Beckett Media, most notably known for trading card publications.
- Work in a global IT environment, collaborating with offices in India, the Philippines, Dallas, Durham and Southern California.
- Provide Helpdesk support for local and remote users.
- Setup, support and repair of network equipment, servers, printers, and PC/Mac workstations.
- Proficient in Active Directory, Exchange, Blackberry Enterprise server, AS400, Quickbooks, and Juniper VPN/Extranet.
- Responsible for all network equipment and workstations, including hardware and software.
- Maintain and support systems, workstations, mobile devices, printers and peripherals.
- Solved complex issues including system crashes, network slowdowns, connectivity problems, security breaches, virus infections and more.
- Logged and monitored ticket status to ensure fast, quality resolution of every issue.
- Set up secure Wi-Fi, LAN and VoIP networks at remote locations, leading client/server configuration and performance-tuning of crucial infrastructure to ensure seamless business operations.
- Creating a backup and safeguarding the data if there are any hindrances.
- Installation of Windows based Server and desktop operating systems.
- Implementation and monitoring of system backups and disaster recovery.
- Supporting architecture design studies for technology refresh planning and implementation.
- Create and maintain multiple virtual server and virtual desktop systems based on Vmware.
- Investigate, test and deploy operating system and software patches and updates.
- Knowledge and Skill in automated deployment and configuration tools for RedHat Enterprise Linux.
- Communicating details of different issues, I worked with and the solutions I was able to find.
- Provide system and log analysis, performance tuning and monitoring to ensure security for all the companies Web servers.
- Communicated with application vendors for upgrades, enhancement and technical support.
- Active Directory, Cisco Administration of Command Post Node (CPN) with Cisco routers routers and switches, PC/Mac and switches. Responsibility of maintain the equipment inventory.
- Served as a System Administrator in the IT department, to support advertising companies as GroupM, Y&R, BM, and others in the Miami area.
- Performs administration activities such as setting user accounts in Windows Active Directory, Windows Server 2012 R2, roles, access and privileges.
- Support about 500 user’s in a headquarters environment. Managed to use Windows PowerShell to fix technical issues.
- Responsible for hardware and software applications for workstations, servers, and network data communications. Collaborated with executive management and department leaders to assess network capacity needs.
- Perform operating system software updates, upgrades, and patches using Manage Engine and Kaspersky security center.
- Configured and managed AD, Exchange, DHCP, WDS, Antivirus and backup servers in the corporate network.
- Performs administration activities such as setting user accounts, roles, access, and privileges.