A system administrator works to ensure that all hardware and software functions properly for a company. Duties include creating installation disks, responding to customer complaints, installing new software or equipment, and maintaining and updating inventory records. The top skills for this position are customer service, sales, marketing, public relations, and people skills. A bachelor’s degree is required for this position, as well as previous work experience in technology support.
The Best System Administrator Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real System Administrator resumes for your reference.
- Provide Tier 3 systems administration support to include day-to-day monitoring of system logs to include identifying errors, writing PowerShell scripts to parse Windows event logs, determining issues, and devising appropriate efficient solutions to resolve all issues for the entire infrastructure environment.
- Monitor Azure cloud infrastructure using custom dashboards.
- Implemented WSUS/SCCM integration and created a monthly phased patching process.
- Troubleshoot deployment issues, desktop software conflicts, and client health issues.
- Designed and implemented a new network for the school by applying computer skills, advanced Windows, and Internet technologies.
- Manage Active Directory accounts and group policy.
- Supported Desktop Images thru Acronis / Norton Ghost applications.
- Installation of Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 in single server and failover environments.
- Conducted research on system upgrades and provided solutions that resulted in significant cost savings.
- Fixed numerous problems with the network, server, and phone system.
- Configure and maintain Dell/EMC SAN storage units.
- Log, track, and monitor all service tickets via the Remedy ticket system.
- Manage Active Directory account creation, modification, and access rights.
- Researched, assessed, and assisted in upgrading to Windows Server 2003 from Windows 2000 Server.
- Created a new graphical interface for customer support, receptionist station, update management, and inventory management to improve customer service efficiency.
- Reduced IT department costs by planning and consolidating file server environment.
- Developed cost-reducing hardware and software recommendations for management as technology improved.
- Improved the productivity of the Level II support staff by implementing products like ZENworks.
- Accountable for the security of several databases of information.
- Increased the customer satisfaction level; responded to each call with a meaningful solution in less than 3 minutes.
- Provide helpdesk and infrastructure support for over 500 users, including Fire and Rescue, County and District Attorney Offices, Courts, Sheriff’s Office, and the Detention Center.
- Proficient in Windows Server, Exchange, Quest Netvault Backup, Gems Financial System, and common business applications. Experienced in Shoretel, VMware vSphere and VDI, Docuware, Barracuda Spam, and Web filter appliances.
- Responsible for server and workstation installation, deployment, and management.
- Enhanced software efficiency and customer service; created computer training CDs for new employees.
- Fostered relationships among coworkers, customers, and management; received Employee-of-the-Month award.
- Magazine Division of Beckett Media, most notably known for trading card publications.
- Work in a global IT environment, collaborating with offices in India, the Philippines, Dallas, Durham, and Southern California.
- Provide Helpdesk support for local and remote users.
- Setup, support, and repair network equipment, servers, printers, and PC/Mac workstations.
- Achieved outstanding quality award; compiled data efficiently and accurately regarding program functionality.
- Proficient in Active Directory, Exchange, Blackberry Enterprise server, AS400, Quickbooks, and Juniper VPN/Extranet.
- Responsible for all network equipment and workstations, including hardware and software.
- Maintain and support systems, workstations, mobile devices, printers, and peripherals.
- Solved complex issues including system crashes, network slowdowns, connectivity problems, security breaches, virus infections, and more.
- Administered a live-work environment with 98 individual workstations, 1,000+ AV and Network devices, and two separate networks which consisted of more than 4,000 users of varying backgrounds.
- Logged and monitored ticket status to ensure fast, quality resolution of every issue.
- Set up secure Wi-Fi, LAN, and VoIP networks at remote locations, leading client/server configuration and performance-tuning of crucial infrastructure to ensure seamless business operations.
- Creating a backup and safeguarding the data if there are any hindrances.
- Installed and configured all aspects of the network including several network switches, routers, and firewalls; designed basic security infrastructure for mainframe server console access; installed DCS/Linux servers for Oracle database management.
- Designed back-end interfaces to allow redundant secondary systems to be used for system backup procedures, data replication data backups, as well as system administration during business hours.
- Installation of Windows-based Server and desktop operating systems.
- Implementation and monitoring of system backups and disaster recovery.
- Supporting architecture design studies for technology refresh planning and implementation.
- Create and maintain multiple virtual servers and virtual desktop systems based on Vmware.
- Investigate, test and deploy the operating system and software patches and updates.
- Knowledge and Skill in automated deployment and configuration tools for RedHat Enterprise Linux.
- Communicating details of different issues, I worked with and the solutions I was able to find.
- Provide system and log analysis, performance tuning, and monitoring to ensure security for all the company’s Web servers.
- Communicated with application vendors for upgrades, enhancement, and technical support.
- Programmed and maintained classified systems for the Navy, ensuring that classified email was stored on encrypted systems; secured governmental information from its leaks.
- Active Directory, Cisco Administration of Command Post Node (CPN) with Cisco routers and switches, PC/Mac and switches. Responsibility for maintaining the equipment inventory.
- Served as a System Administrator in the IT department, to support advertising companies like GroupM, Y&R, BM, and others in the Miami area.
- Performs administration activities such as setting user accounts in Windows Active Directory, Windows Server 2012 R2, roles, access, and privileges.
- Support about 500 user’s in a headquarters environment. Managed to use Windows PowerShell to fix technical issues.
- Maintained reliable networks through efficient program management, effectively monitoring activity and responding immediately to intrusions.
- Responsible for hardware and software applications for workstations, servers, and network data communications. Collaborated with executive management and department leaders to assess network capacity needs.
- Perform operating system software updates, upgrades, and patches using Manage Engine and Kaspersky security center.
- Configured and managed AD, Exchange, DHCP, WDS, Antivirus, and backup servers in the corporate network.
- Performs administration activities such as setting user accounts, roles, access, and privileges.
- Administered and supported dozens of LANs, WANs, gateways, servers, and other systems by accurately tracking system configurations and performance data.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.