Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists (CRNA) provide anesthetic care to patients before and after medical procedures. Their duties include completing patients’ assessments, administering medication, developing and executing an anesthetic plan, preparing operating rooms, explaining anesthetic procedures to patients and assisting patients with recovery.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best CRNA Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real CRNA resumes for your reference.
CRNA Resume Sample 1
- Assisted doctors in over 300 heart, lung, and orthopedic surgeries.
- Successfully intubated patients with the highest possible rate of success.
- Redesigned policies to more effectively manage an efficient departmental budget while assuring patient care.
- Prepared patient records for transfer by working two hours past scheduled time without complaint.
- Implemented new protocols which reduced blood product wastage by 50% within three months following study of literature on standard of care. First CRNA at facility to have performed 50 consecutive cases of being first assist for initial case of day on Ortho/Neuro floor with 0 errors, accidents, or complaints from staff, patients, or family.
CRNA Resume Sample 2
- Administered over 30,000 anesthetics during 15 years of practice.
- Scrutinized the standard operating procedures to ensure quality assurance for anesthesia equipment throughout all hospital departments.
- Enhanced patient safety by developing back-up plans in anticipation of potential emergencies.
- Prepared patients physically and psychologically for surgical operations through pain management techniques.
- Presented patient care reports using critical thinking skills at staff meetings after observations, assessments, changes in treatment plans, and patient outcomes were discussed with professional collaboration from other disciplines.
CRNA Resume Sample 3
- Oversaw the administration of general, regional, local anesthetics.
- Administered sedation for pediatric patients using primarily inhalational agents.
- Supervised over 100 CRNAs to provide timely anesthesia services in the operating room environment.
- Investigated and reported adverse events involving sedatives/analgesics including respiratory depression to appropriate authorities.
- Headed a committee that introduced electronic monitoring systems (Datex-Ohmeda) to nursing personnel at hospital of choice leading to improved patient care and staff compliance with regulatory requirements.
CRNA Resume Sample 4
- Performed and supervised anesthesia in more than 1000 surgical cases including: total joint replacements, cardiac surgery, OB/GYN, and trauma.
- Provided critical pre-operative evaluations of patients under anesthetics; identified areas requiring further diagnostic work up and treatment planning.
- Excised several tumors utilizing video endoscopic skills; developed patient rapport with minimal anxiety during the procedure.
- Trained six new CRNAs on performing noninvasive cosmetic procedures for fat ablation using Power Assisted Liposuction; completed post operative research of lipolysis after one year.
- Gained understanding and appreciation of the U.S. justice system as a first responder to a prison riot; negotiated a tense, life-threatening situation with compassion and skill.
CRNA Resume Sample 5
- Assisted in the development of a new CRNA program from planning through implementation at a major teaching hospital.
- Executive director for 10-year review and analysis of board certification process, leading to reformulation of requirements for all boards within the profession.
- Oversaw complex regional anesthesia cases during development and testing phase of a new high-frequency automated injection delivery system.
- Provided highly specialized pain management procedures for 65 patients over a period of six months before being recruited by another practice.
- Promoted patient care, satisfaction, and safety with core values centered around “Caring”, “Respect”, “Safety”, and “Teamwork”. Earned positive feedback on all reviews.
CRNA Resume Sample 6
- Managed many aspects of daily patient care, including pain management and sedation therapy.
- Prescribed treatment dosage which ensured patients were comfortable before, during, and after surgery.
- Identified conditions requiring emergency or alternative medical response to maintain patient safety.
- Completed over 1000 successful surgeries under general anesthesia while maintaining patient comfort throughout the process.
- Trained nursing staff from various hospital departments in pre-operative procedures for multiple types of surgeries including cardiac surgery, orthopedic surgery, neurosurgery, pediatric surgery, bariatric surgery, plastic surgery, transplant surgery and more.
CRNA Resume Sample 7
- Administered anesthesia to patients; monitored vital signs during surgery; presided over the care of infirmed patients requiring cardiac monitoring, respiratory therapy, and administration of chemotherapy.
- Collaborated with physicians, registered nurses, technologists, and technicians in order to perform duties effectively within hospital financial budgets.
- Monitored an acute heart failure patient for 24 hours; recognized by quality control supervisors for outstanding performance.
- Prepared the operating room for surgical procedures; prepared sterile equipment required by activities assigned; controlled stock supply of medications and medical supplies.
- Made recommendations towards improvement of departmental policies after conducting analysis on cost-benefit results produced by policy changes recommended by staff CRNAs.
CRNA Resume Sample 8
- Trained, supervised, and empowered over 15 CRNAs in all aspects of anesthesia; included pre-operative assessment and evaluation, diagnosis and treatment plans.
- Promoted independence and self-confidence after demonstrating leadership to resolve interpersonal conflicts between peers.
- Motivated under-performers with progressive performance reviews and written criticism to enhance workflow productivity.
- Reduced costs for clients by sourcing low cost anesthetic agents from international pharmaceutical companies; saved $50,000 annually.
- Found new ways to reduce costs by developing stop loss insurance programs for health care providers at a reduced premium rate.
CRNA Resume Sample 9
- Effectively managed 30+ anesthesia staff members during large case load operations while adhering to hospital policies and procedures.
- Achieved high satisfaction scores on patient report cards, demonstrating an appreciation for the role of caring communication in quality healthcare.
- Improved team communication through training staff on best practices for communication; successfully acclimated two new hires to their roles within the department.
- Awarded ‘Employee of the Quarter’ for obtaining near perfect compliance scores with regard to documentation accuracy while maintaining 100% patient charting organization.
- Increased clinical excellence scores by over 20%, positioning the organization as one of top 10 percent in industry benchmarks, while also overseeing clerical staff management.
CRNA Resume Sample 10
- Performed over 2,000 general anesthesia cases and over 3,000 regional anesthesia cases.
- Reduced adverse operative events by more than 50%; recognized for this achievement by the Director of Anesthesia and Surgical Directors; succeeded as a strong advocate for patient safety.
- Provided management leadership as Project Coordinator process improvement projects including service standard enhancements, policy creation and implementation, GDH implementation, and department budget revisions.
- Improved quality measures in chronic care facility to increase patient satisfaction scores; received an Exceptional Performance Award from Administrator at organization’s annual meeting.
- Promoted communication between departments and enhanced organizational productivity through surgical team briefings.
CRNA Resume Sample 11
- Worked in various clinical settings with medical staff to provide anesthesia administration services under the direction of anesthesiologists.
- Actively monitored patient progress during surgery, providing feedback to surgical personnel.
- Used latest technologies to aid in providing safe, effective care during surgery procedures for patients with cardiovascular defects including congenital heart disease with multiple surgeries.
- Effectively managed daily workflow in a fast pace environment while prioritizing tasks and effectively communicating with professionals in all areas.
- Collaborated in quality assurance activities assessing patient outcomes related to anesthesia, resulting in increased patient satisfaction.
CRNA Resume Sample 12
- Transferred patient care responsibilities to the management team including load and work distribution.
- Utilized surgical instrumentation, monitoring, and imaging equipment as a core component of patient care during surgery.
- Assisted in planning daily schedule for OR taking into account units’ needs and attending physicians’ preferences.
- Effectively carried out consults with primary physicians to assign patients appropriate anesthesia service within service line guidelines.
- Changed anesthesiology practice through evidence-based practice; developed and implemented evidence-based protocols and processes for care and safety (e.g., pain assessment, postoperative nausea/vomiting).
CRNA Resume Sample 13
- Accomplished and effectively handled Nasotracheal Intubation, I.V. Placement, Cricothyrotomy, Basic Burn Care, PEG Tube Management for 200 pediatric patients during two weeks rotation at local children’s hospital.
- Successfully administered anesthesia care to 100 chronic ventilator weaning patients; recognized by the consultant as an outstanding and exceptional nurse who exceeded standards of practice and improved patient’s condition.
- Delivered intravenous sedation and monitored patient response via cardiac tracing and capnography during lower endoscopy procedures requiring mild sedation; successfully completed all quality assurance tasks within deadline time frame.
- Effectively managed acute pain management treatment for 66 patients with Trigeminal Neuralgia during Rehabilitation Center rotation.
- Identified, diagnosed, and monitored patient responses to treatment utilizing EKG, respiratory monitoring equipment, and capnography during ultrasound guided brachial plexus nerve block; ensured safety measures were taken to prevent adverse patient reactions and complications.
CRNA Resume Sample 14
- Monitored, assisted, and stabilized over 100 patients who were in critical condition during surgery.
- Diagnosed five cases of heart murmur by using an oscilloscope to determine patient’s blood pressure before surgery.
- Retrieved three times the average number of items per case during surgical procedures through use of just-in-time inventory control system.
- Authored six published articles on high-risk surgery subjects that have been referenced by other authors in their own publications.
- Undertook research into the efficacy of sedation drugs for surgery enhancement when clinical trials showed reduced recovery time for patients.
To work as a certified registered nurse anesthetist, you require a bachelor’s degree in nursing and a license by the National Council Licensure Examination-Registered Nurse (NCLE-RN). Certified registered nurse anesthetists must demonstrate empathy, good communication skills, patience, teamwork, listening skills, ability to stay calm under pressure and critical thinking skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.