An entertainment coordinator plans events and arranges entertainment. Duties include planning venues, purchasing equipment, arranging transportation, booking acts, managing budget, evaluating performances, working with local authorities to ensure all applicable codes are adhered to, hiring staff, and assigning tasks.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Entertainment Coordinator Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Entertainment Coordinator resumes for your reference.
Entertainment Coordinator Resume Sample 1
- Assembled a team of over 80 editors, writers, and artists through networking.
- Created an effective training program for local high school students seeking careers in news media reporting.
- Managed departmental finances to create positive working environment by providing needed upgrades to equipment and facility.
- Established contacts with community businesses that generated revenue for the department; increased advertising revenue by 40 percent annually.
- Recruited freelance photographers to contribute content for website launch; generated 43 percent increase in site traffic within four months.
Entertainment Coordinator Resume Sample 2
- Managed the backstage entertainment and sound equipment for MTV’s Crissy & Christine Show.
- Orchestrated over 1,000 performers in Disneyworld’s Main Street Electrical Parade; recognized by Disneyworld as an outstanding performer with a perfect attendance record.
- Partnered with other studio executives to produce films; self-initiated co-funding of films earning millions of dollars within one year of completion.
- Promoted films during shopping mall appearances while showcasing films to thousands on multiple occasions.
- Organized, supervised, and coordinated media coverage and publicity campaigns at film premiers and premieres highlighting actors and actresses.
Entertainment Coordinator Resume Sample 3
- Managed a team of two to ensure all guests and performers were properly accommodated for their appearances.
- Helped the show grow from a small local television series into a large-scale production with international distribution.
- Developed a comprehensive promotional campaign that reached over 5,000,000 people worldwide.
- Created branding for three shows and developed marketing campaigns that increased viewership by 30%.
- Led a team designed to increase revenue through customer engagement practices such as promotions, contests, and special events.
Entertainment Coordinator Resume Sample 4
- (On-line) Coordinate e-zine media promotion strategy to increase audience and revenue; guided by profit, audience impressions, and editorial policy.
- Developed Hollywood premiere party for urban media marketers that increased attendance by 113%; increased sales of sponsorships to $10M in two months.
- (Press) Interviewed and wrote feature articles about celebrities; presented five times at state and national conferences.
- (Broadcast) Managed daily production schedule while increasing sales revenue by 19%. Stimulated renewed interest in the program during redevelopment phase.
- Wrote press releases and testimonials to promote business through radio, TV, print media, and Internet.
Entertainment Coordinator Resume Sample 5
- Coordinate, supervise and plan weekly music programming for a retail electronics retail chain that attracts an average of over 200 customers each week.
- Develop a self-sustaining marketing plan for a CD promotion that increased local artist awareness, doubled in-store traffic and tripled sales.
- Identify local talent and organize concerts at monthly events with national celebrities such as Wyclef Jean of Fugees fame.
- Corresponded with Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) officials regarding detailed information relating nominations and voting procedures during Grammy award shows.
- Oversee the preparations of artist submissions to the Grammy awards in which one was nominated.
Entertainment Coordinator Resume Sample 6
- Directed marketing and public relations campaigns to promote theatrical releases of films such as “O Brother, Where Art Thou?” and “A Simple Plan.”
- Engineered company-wide marketing programs integrating print media with television advertisements.
- Orchestrated campaign for New Line Cinema’s “The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring”, successfully building anticipation and excitement by means of strategic press placements, cross-promotions, and social networking.
- Spent three years working in publishing at Simon & Schuster – my responsibilities included reading manuscripts received from professional authors, deciding which would be published based on their marketability, writing book reviews for various publications, and overseeing book signings.
- Pioneered interactive marketing strategies using social media to engage customers worldwide before it became a common practice.
Entertainment Coordinator Resume Sample 7
- Multimedia entertainment coordinator for the New England Foundation of the Arts; designed, developed, and executed 300+ events with budgets up to $75k.
- Assisted in growing attendance by over 400% after implementing a marketing campaign that increased visibility online and through social media.
- Collaborated with conference chairs to make keynote speaker’s presentation videos accessible to individuals at conferences via YouTube, Facebook, Dropbox.
- Promoted awareness of autism spectrum disorder following presentation on advantages enjoyed by people on the autism spectrum at national convention.
- Recognized as an expert in event management after being nominated for American Special Needs Counseling Association’s “Inspirational Award.”
Entertainment Coordinator Resume Sample 8
- Increased the viewership of the station by 25%.
- Edited, recorded, and produced two 30-minute specials featuring entertainers, bands, and musicians.
- Managed all logistics for TV production crew during concerts; rescheduled concert dates due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Worked closely with band management, venue staff, promoters, security personnel, hotel staff to ensure smooth operations for monthly events.
- Helped secure spot on national television program after arranging performance for up-and-coming YouTube sensation at local music festival.
Entertainment Coordinator Resume Sample 9
- Coordinate multiple special events such as banquets, conferences, conventions, networking parties and sporting events.
- Assist hotel management with creative entertainment ideas to meet the needs of our guests.
- Propose new ideas to increase media exposure by securing national publicity for major festivals.
- Organized annual charity events that raised over $600K in donations for the homeless.
- Promote positive public image of company through community service activities; awarded ‘Employee of the year’ award for outstanding contributions to the local media industry.
Entertainment Coordinator Resume Sample 10
- Oversaw soundcheck of artists prior to performance on televised awards show.
- Initiated unexpected collaboration between top-tier musical guests which led to history-making television event.
- Recognized with award for outstanding contribution to telecast in entertainment category by an international film critics organization.
- Revered for facilitating breakthrough between rap artist and industry mogul who had been highly critical of one another’s work.
- Crafted extraordinary intensity during live broadcast which was unprecedented in the career of the host, resulting in multiple Emmy Award nominations.
Entertainment Coordinator Resume Sample 11
- Solved a crisis situation by finding a replacement entertainer on short notice for a 1000-seat event.
- Reduced the company’s cost of promotional swag by designing and executing my own guerrilla marketing campaign; saving $500 in vendor costs, $250 in printing costs, and $100 in shipping costs.
- Produced an innovative educational program through interactive media during work hours to educate employees about health insurance options.
- Resolved customer complaints regarding discrepancies with orders and billing issues for over $10 million worth of business within 30 days.
- Satisfied four different clients who were simultaneously dissatisfied due to internal conflicts between vendors and management/staff with little or no disruption to operations or internal communication.
Education requirements include a high school diploma or GED and job-specific training. Skills to succeed include the ability to plan, detail-oriented, strong organizational ability, excellent verbal communication skills, excellent written communication skills, ability to lead, basic math skills, excellent telephone etiquette, and knowledge of the entertainment industry.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.