An officer works in a variety of law enforcement or security settings. Duties include protecting private and public property, conducting investigations, patrolling, monitoring closed-circuit tv systems, working with the public, aiding individuals in need, and manning security posts.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Officer Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Officer resumes for your reference.
Officer Resume Sample 1
- Spearheaded and led the development of a new self-defense program for women and children, including: strict instructor qualification standards; lesson plans; student assessment techniques; and written course curriculum.
- Expertly evaluated crime scene evidence to pinpoint perpetrator motive, method, and opportunity to commit crime.
- Trained enlisted soldiers of the U.S. Army in proper firearms maintenance, use of various munitions (i.e., grenades), land navigation by map reading and compass bearings, first aid procedures, camouflage strategies during combat missions; promoted to rank of Sergeant as platoon leader (deployed overseas).
- Employed creative problem solving approaches to resolve installation’s most challenging security breaches against critical infrastructure sites in Iraq.
- Gathered evidence in support of terrorism investigation to apprehend suspect; awarded prestigious medal for bravery in combat (deployed overseas).
Officer Resume Sample 2
- Promoted to the rank of Captain; managed over 400 employees, $5 million budget, and multiple lines of business.
- Led service during the 2012 Super Bowl at Lucas Oil Stadium; coordinated activities between military, law enforcement, security, public safety officials.
- Selected for an individual post in Iraq; managed 5 military translators that interpreted live battlefield communications for Coalition Forces missions.
- Deployed to Afghanistan in support of Combined Joint Task Force 435 (CJTF-435) headquartered in Kandahar City.
- Recognized by CJTF-435 Commanding General for exceptional performance and dedication; served as Officer in Charge (OIC) detachment commander and liaison officer with subordinate commands; National Command Authority (NCA).
Officer Resume Sample 3
- Implemented and executed the mission of a Military Police unit that was responsible for over 100,000 residents and multiple service members.
- Supervised multi-tasking assignments requiring accurate enforcement of military rules and regulations; responsible for $500,000 annual budget.
- Achieved standards beyond initial expectations while serving as an Executive Officer in Baghdad, Iraq by overseeing operations involving U.S., coalition forces and Iraqi police officers while developing positive relationships with local government officials & tribal leaders.
- Assisted in training security personnel and protecting foreign dignitaries on one of the United States’ largest Naval bases while protecting installations from acts of terrorism or natural disaster.
- Effectively carried out all responsibilities as a Personal Protection Specialist by making positive interactions with members of the community; enhanced overall security during periods of heightened alert.
Officer Resume Sample 4
- Achieved 2014-2015 Departmental Award for my leadership, organizational and tactical skills; my ability to successfully apprehend 18 suspects and conduct safe traffic stops.
- Received recommendation from a superior regarding my excellent judgment and professionalism after resolving a conflict between two feuding parties during the 2015 Thanksgiving Day parade; recognized by local media as “Officer of the Year.”
- Accomplished proactive policing in high crime areas while working as an undercover vice detective; contributed to a 35% decrease in felony crimes within those communities.
- Efficiently executed over 150 warrants (arrests) without injury, arrest without incident, or incident-free transport to jail each year since I began working at the Sheriff’s Office.
- Demonstrated leadership in disaster preparedness by filling key roles in the Emergency Operations Center for nine months during the 2015 Ebola pandemic.
Officer Resume Sample 5
- Dedicated and committed to building rapport with community members.
- Used comprehensive knowledge of laws and regulations to assist others in overcoming obstacles.
- Provided leadership, motivation, structure, guidance, mentoring/coaching skills, organizational planning expertise.
- Exercised judgment in assessing problems, developing solutions, implementing plans for the department.
- Assessed situations by noting related factors/conditions to determine appropriate steps/corrective actions; used good reasoning ability that allowed me to be flexible in problem solving.
Officer Resume Sample 6
- Contributed nearly 2,000 hours of service to the community during a cold-case homicide investigation.
- Organized and taught a department seminar focusing on topics relating to Homeland Security.
- Accomplished more than 300 arrests for various criminal violations during an 8 month span of time without any civil litigation against officers or police department as a result of those arrests.
- Performed as team leader by successfully completing several extensive high-risk tactical operations that were considered “Significant Incident Reports.”
- Promoted from Corporal to First Lieutenant; managed 41 personnel, 15 vehicles including armor plated trucks, heavy equipment, and hazardous material response units.
Officer Resume Sample 7
- Planned and performed investigations for crimes committed in the city.
- Managed, supervised, and trained patrol officers during their field training program.
- Averted criminal activity by apprehending suspects within the scope of enforcement authority.
- Mentored new recruits during training courses by reinforcing techniques while providing sound advice to improve performance.
- Provided guidance to assigned subordinates regarding department policies, procedures, directives or orders regarding job duties.
Officer Resume Sample 8
- Received an award for Community Outreach; developed and implemented a workplace safety program.
- Recognized as Instructor of the Quarter for promoting educational awareness by teaching a self-defense class to children.
- Presented a workshop at the annual conference on the importance of using tact during domestic disturbance calls.
- Won ‘Top Cop’ Award after being recognized by peers for professional conduct and assistance to fellow officers.
- Achieved full compliance with all city, county, state, and federal laws related to traffic enforcement within three months of working in this position.
Officer Resume Sample 9
- Prepare daily reports and briefings of significant incidents.
- Assist in conducting criminal investigations.
- Serve as webmaster for agency internet site.
- Ensure security during home visits by managing the escort of at-risk individuals to/from their homes, schools, etc.
- Plan and conduct neighborhood meetings with residents to provide information on police department services, encourage feedback, identify neighborhood problems, and develop strategies to address those issues; manage youth crime prevention program that aims at increasing awareness among youth regarding consequences related to crime; lead law enforcement initiative that targets street crimes which includes traffic violations (10% decrease), criminal mischief (29% decrease), theft (8% decrease), breaking & entering (22% decrease), auto theft (16% decrease).
Officer Resume Sample 10
- Assisted in the planned and supervised security for a large sporting event with celebrity guests, including Secret Service agents.
- In recognition of superior leadership skills, was assigned to the rank of SWAT Team Leader.
- Planned and coordinated security efforts at a National Convention for over 14,000 guests from around the globe.
- Authored a groundbreaking document that will be used by law enforcement agencies across the USA in future disaster preparedness.
- Responded to matters involving hostage situation, counter surveillance, traffic containment, crowd control and arrests amongst others with professionalism and tact.
Education requirements include POST certification, firearms training, and a high school diploma or GED. Skills to succeed as an officer include the ability to remain calm in stressful situations, physically fit, professional appearance, good knowledge of laws and ordinances, a good understanding of the U.S. Constitution, excellent customer service, ability to work as a team, ability to follow direction, and the ability to pass a background check and drug test.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.