Line Haul Drivers transports freights in a safe and timely manner. Their duties include making sure that their company vehicles are clean, performing pre and post trip inspections on the tractor/trailer that they are using, and reporting all accidents, delays, and injuries to their supervisors.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Line Haul Driver Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Line Haul Driver resumes for your reference.
Line Haul Driver Resume Sample 1
- Consistently met state and federal regulations for driving time, efficiently working 12 hours per day, 6 days per week.
- Provided positive customer service interactions to promote good will with over 70 accounts.
- Developed personal relationships with truck stops across two states.
- Completed company training in safety procedures; successfully demonstrated proficiency every year without fail or injury.
- Efficiently scheduled routes daily to avoid delays by studying highway traffic patterns, road construction, weather forecasts, and other factors to determine the most efficient route under all conditions.
Line Haul Driver Resume Sample 2
- Efficiently carried out 2,400-mile load of construction materials, mining equipment, and other miscellaneous items.
- Planned daily routes to best serve customer needs; averaged 20% more deliveries than the standard route.
- Used infrared equipment to find hazardous material spills that could potentially damage goods on board; prevented over $100,000 of damages.
- Received company’s highest honor for safety by not failing or missing a single day due to any reason including illness, injury, family emergencies, and personal situations.
- Ranked 5 out of 28 drivers; recognized by senior management as the driver who went above and beyond for customer success.
Line Haul Driver Resume Sample 3
- Increased trucks’ haul capacity by 60 lbs. using a bedliner and spring suspension upgrade; recognized as an asset to the team for safety and productivity enhancements.
- Managed day-to-day operations of 3 equipment operators, 4 helpers and 2 truck drivers; responsible for job timelines and customer satisfaction.
- Benchmarked critical supply inventory levels throughout terminals in order to decrease costs through efficient allocation practices.
- Promoted from Transportation Supervisor to Terminal Manager over two years; received award recognizing outstanding leadership capabilities both as a supervisor and as an individual contributor.
- Recognized as the top performer in the company for year after achieving 100% on-time delivery performance standards by building positive relationships with customers and co-workers.
Line Haul Driver Resume Sample 4
- Successfully safe-trucked 51,000 pounds of dairy products from Texas to New York.
- Averaged over 13 MPG for a 600 mile round trip despite inclement weather conditions.
- Identified and corrected TCM light illumination responsible for vehicle’s failure to downshift into ninth gear during highway driving.
- Recognized as a “Pro” at loading and unloading milk trucks by being the first one completed during a changeover time competition.
- Conducted driver evaluations with over 5 years of training experience in the trucking industry.
Line Haul Driver Resume Sample 5
- Managed and loaded fleets of specialized line haul vehicles such as dry vans, refrigerated trailers, flatbeds, and stepdecks; managed truck fleet maintenance.
- Completed five million safe miles without an accident or a recordable event.
- Pioneered new technology by successfully introducing the industry’s first GPS electronic log system and real-time web reporting application.
- Contributed to company safety awards for three consecutive years with zero preventable incidents per 200,000 miles driven.
- Identified potential areas for improvement in logistics operations through data analysis and quality studies.
Line Haul Driver Resume Sample 6
- Safely transported over 20 million pounds of freight between terminals and/or customers.
- Received a commendation for 100% preventable accidents-free driving record.
- Earned a Top Performer Award from corporate headquarters after exceeding state average for miles, runs, and productivity by 30%.
- Showcased excellent customer service skills to meet company requirements for equipment readiness, cleanliness, fuel loads, and meeting deadlines.
- Responsible for ensuring the safety of other motorists by placing warning triangles on transport vehicles when stuck or disabled.
Line Haul Driver Resume Sample 7
- Drove in excess of 30,000 miles with 0 accidents.
- Provided over 20 years of safe and reliable transportation services to Company’s customers following all local, state, and federal laws.
- Achieved recognition for excellent customer service by maintaining exceptional levels of customer satisfaction among employees.
- Successfully handled customer complaints while adhering to company’s drive time policy; received appreciation awards from the regional office three years consecutively.
- Excelled at DOT compliance through adherence to federal hours-of-service regulations; earned highest safety record in department for consecutive years.
Line Haul Driver Resume Sample 8
- Oversaw the productivity of three drivers, six helpers, and an office clerk.
- Received top achiever recognition for delivering 99% on-time performance within 1000 mile radius with minimum complaints.
- Grew the company’s market share by 40% in first year by developing new customers.
- Pioneered pioneering spirit to think out of the box with off-season deliveries at destinations without roads or docks.
- Reduced expenses by re-negotiating truck lease rates prior to contract renewal dates with tenured carrier support.
Line Haul Driver Resume Sample 9
- Provided best possible service to customers according to schedule while maintaining excellent safety record.
- Improved turnaround time by 20% for customer’s line haul operations, which led to a 25% increase in customer satisfaction rating.
- Helped ensure on-time delivery by identifying and solving transportation issues before they impacted the schedule.
- Advertised company’s new special program on social media sites while researching data for marketing materials.
- Increased shipments of soda company products by 30% through strong negotiation skills with new distributors.
Line Haul Driver Resume Sample 10
- Managed an assigned area of over 1500 square miles, transported up to 80 loads monthly, and maintained a perfect safety record.
- Overcame obstacles involving hazardous road conditions in winter months, mechanical malfunction or vehicle failure by using alternative routes R/T equipment.
- Participated in the selection of new tractor-trailers through analysis of manufacturer’s quotes for cost savings.
- Accomplished line haul driver who increased company revenue 40% by initiating efficient logistic processes that reduced delivery times.
- Established contacts with shippers that resulted in endorsement for expedited consignments; facilitated timely deliveries while avoiding costly fines and customer damage claims.
Line Haul Driver Resume Sample 11
- Operated company equipment to efficiently transport containers; saved company time and fuel by reducing number of occasions requiring return trips.
- Diverted traffic with escort to avoid delays, saving client (shipper) time and resulting in premium pay.
- Cut costs without sacrificing service or safety through efforts toward reducing unplanned maintenance costs.
- Completed training session for proper use/maintenance of new equipment, ensuring safe operation within guidelines.
- Recognized as an industry-wide specialist for moving highly sensitive nuclear materials across the country via motor carrier freight, maintaining compliance throughout all stages of transportation/handling procedures according to EPA guidelines.
Line Haul Driver Resume Sample 12
- Effectively identified and resolved operating issues with truck fleet according to DOT rules and FMCSA guidelines.
- Received appreciation from management for outstanding performance in preventing shipment of non-conforming product.
- Conducted company’s initiative of driver safety awareness program, including implementation of a team approach of weekly internal inspections of equipment and personal attire.
- Contributed pertinent information regarding safe operation during line haul operations, resulting in a decrease in on-the-job accidents by almost 50%.
- Researched new load offering on behalf of the Company; won national recognition from top customer for highest quality levels achieved since implementation.
To be a Line Haul Driver, you must have a valid DOT physical/medical card, no record of DUI, citation/conviction for reckless operation in the past five years; have positive results in their drug screening, and a valid Class A CDL. Line Haul Drivers must demonstrate great communication skills, judgement, customer service skills, physical readiness, strong vision and hearing, attention to detail, and total focus.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Line Haul Driver Resume Samples
- Line Haul Driver Resume Sample 1
- Line Haul Driver Resume Sample 2
- Line Haul Driver Resume Sample 3
- Line Haul Driver Resume Sample 4
- Line Haul Driver Resume Sample 5
- Line Haul Driver Resume Sample 6
- Line Haul Driver Resume Sample 7
- Line Haul Driver Resume Sample 8
- Line Haul Driver Resume Sample 9
- Line Haul Driver Resume Sample 10
- Line Haul Driver Resume Sample 11
- Line Haul Driver Resume Sample 12
- Wrap Up