IT Infrastructure Project Managers are responsible for organizing projects related to computer network infrastructures, and managing the project’s schedule and plan. Their duties include monitoring service requests, analyzing business requirements, develops and maintains detailed project schedules, collects and reports data, and provides status updates.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best IT Infrastructure Project Manager Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real IT Infrastructure Project Manager resumes for your reference.
IT Infrastructure Project Manager Resume Sample 1
- Improved business efficiency by re-engineering the company’s workflow processes to reduce cycle times and cost of change order management.
- Aided in the development of a new mission statement that better reflects the direction of our product and service offerings. Communicated departmental strategy through regular status updates to project team, executive management and customer representatives.
- Supervised an application development project for a major financial institution; guided effort from concept to delivery on schedule with no missed functionality requirements or defects.
- Introduced successful project management methodologies into two new projects, reducing timelines from months to less than one month each.
- Developed several automated systems which improved field/office productivity as well as enhanced the company’s image; received special recognition from senior management for superior performance.
IT Infrastructure Project Manager Resume Sample 2
- Managed the deployment of enterprise-wide shared storage, networking, and security infrastructure for small to medium sized company.
- Improved operational efficiency by 25% over a three-year period through development of a business continuity plan. Assisted in disaster recovery program design and implementation that provided continuous operations within an eight-hour timeframe after a natural or man-made disaster.
- Organized partnership between local government, university, and foundation to improve technology infrastructures at schools across the state. Recommended solutions involving technology applications for K-12 student performance levels as well as academic measures.
- Standardized configuration management processes through development of customized scripts for all new servers built on research project; reduced new server builds from 1 day to 30 minutes.
- Presented a Microsoft DRAFT technical session at annual national conference for information technology professionals.
IT Infrastructure Project Manager Resume Sample 3
- Managed and directed technical projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Identified, planned, and coordinated the installation of servers to reduce input/output latency problems in disk arrays with multiple SANs.
- Reorganized components of existing system to reduce processing delays and drive more effective communication between workstations and servers.
- Oversaw the design and implementation of backup/recovery infrastructure for critical server services that support all systems operations; maintained full compliance with IT policies regarding privacy, availability, confidentiality, and integrity.
- Reviewed source code for potential vulnerabilities; identified several coding errors that could cause database engines to fail under high load conditions. Achieved significant reduction in issues, outages, and vulnerabilities after performing code review.
IT Infrastructure Project Manager Resume Sample 4
- Organized and supervised the installation of a new server system within two weeks, despite major issues with hardware acquisition.
- Spearheaded the effort for an application to be built that was considered by the customer to be “too difficult for any contractor.”
- Implemented N+1 redundancy on all servers while ensuring no stops in service after gaining experience tracking down potential weak points in the infrastructure.
- Coordinated efforts between third-party vendors and internal employees during roll out of company’s first outsourced product; established professional relationships with key decision makers at client company.
- Optimized resources by 25% without reducing productivity after consolidating data centers; earned award for excellence in management performance from executive team.
IT Infrastructure Project Manager Resume Sample 5
- Managed annual IT infrastructure projects from start to finish including planning, design, implementation, and documentation.
- Estimated the amount of time required for project completion ahead of schedule to ensure scheduled deadlines were met.
- Implemented a new business continuity/disaster recovery plan by creating a company-wide disaster preparedness program.
- Developed an online training program for technical staffs to improve job performance and productivity while increasing demand on current staffing levels.
- Introduced system enhancements that increased the availability and reliability of all our web based tools, resulting in improved user satisfaction ratings.
IT Infrastructure Project Manager Resume Sample 6
- Managed the migration of 30,000 employees from BlackBerry to iOS and Android; role included leading and mentoring a team through all phases of planning, design, coding and deployment.
- Spearheaded the development and launch of an iPad app for internal use within a three-month window; provided input on user interface and guided development team toward successful completion.
- Grew existing customer base by 65%; created high visibility in marketplace among top executives by networking at industry events.
- Created proposal documents that resulted in new contracts worth $500K annually with new clients including BAE Systems, Wayne Corporation, Lockheed Martin Corporation.
- Collaborated with various IT teams to ensure project needs are met on time and within budget, communicating with clients via phone or email.
IT Infrastructure Project Manager Resume Sample 7
- Project managed several large-scale IT infrastructure initiatives including user account management, environment provisioning, and security policy compliance.
- Implemented best practices in corporate governance of key technical resources; saved company $20 million by leveraging product lifecycle to negotiate favorable licensing agreements with technology companies.
- Lead the planning & execution effort for an enterprise wide Windows 7 migration totaling over 100,000 computers. Troubleshot GPO replication failures within Active Directory eventually leading to the discovery of a Microsoft Exchange bug fix.
- Chaired weekly deployment meetings, developed SOPs/templates, developed project plan with time & resource estimates. Worked with legal department to new SLAs for license reconciliation audits.
- Provided top-level insight on matters relating to software development and product usage strategies. Authored internal white paper related to virtualization technologies.
IT Infrastructure Project Manager Resume Sample 8
- Developed and executed an IT Infrastructure project for a leading European software company by managing 5 team members; met all team milestones on time.
- Increased the Efficiency of our SOX controls and processes by implementing a new system that tracked and monitored exceptions within the coding process ensuring high quality control throughout.
- Reduced customer billing issues by developing an automated phone system to monitor billing transactions to identify and correct errors. The customer saw a 20% increase in revenue over the previous year.
- Managed full life cycle requirements gathering, design, development, testing and deployment activity with little supervision resulting in successful go-live with no issues.
- Identified key areas of the project that overran and renegotiated aggressively to ensure all deliverables were met in time, on budget and to the required quality.
IT Infrastructure Project Manager Resume Sample 9
- Managed and conducted training sessions on the implementation of the new Active Directory.
- Managed and supported an extensive 3-phase project to replace a global intranet with SharePoint 2010.
- Negotiated a $25k USD discount from Microsoft for an enterprise license agreement.
- Improved IT’s ability to respond to system issues by implementing proactive monitoring systems, issue escalation procedures, and proactive problem resolutions.
- Led development teams consisting of 20+ people in delivering high quality applications within time limits and budgets.
IT Infrastructure Project Manager Resume Sample 10
- Managed and coordinated daily activities for a $11 million IT infrastructure project.
- Collaborated on three successful projects, including construction of an international satellite office, improvement of the service desk process, and implementation of a new database structure.
- Directed installation and configuration of over 40 client servers as well as network devices such as routers and firewalls. Trained end-users on hardware use and software features.
- Partnered with project stakeholders to ensure customer satisfaction throughout each phase of the project lifecycle; implemented requirements that resulted in streamlined business operations.
- Revised budget during final stages of development based on revised scope and delivered finished product budget; recognized by CIO for exceptional organizational skills.
IT Infrastructure Project Manager Resume Sample 11
- Collaborated with team members to launch new IT infrastructure, resulting in significant gains for Company A.
- Launched two major projects within my first year with Company B that helped the company achieve its revenue goals for fiscal year 2015. Directly contributed to $3 million increase in revenue and another $4 million award which directly led to a total of $5 million increase in revenue .
- Developed project plan, gathered requirements, and completed all tasks on time so the marketing department could successfully release an app update during Christmas season which increased weekly downloads by 75% week over week during December 2014.
- Provide key input on server performance issues which resulted in overall improvement in server response time.
- Strategically worked with the IT team and customers to roll out a new SaaS (software as a service) product; directly contributed to $300,000 increase in MRR (monthly recurring revenue).
To work as an IT Infrastructure Project Manager you’ll need a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field and experience working in IT and Project Management. IT Infrastructure Project Managers must demonstrate problem-solving, clear communication, in-depth understanding of technical terminology and hardware, efficiency, organization, determination and teamwork to be successful.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best IT Infrastructure Project Manager Resume Samples
- IT Infrastructure Project Manager Resume Sample 1
- IT Infrastructure Project Manager Resume Sample 2
- IT Infrastructure Project Manager Resume Sample 3
- IT Infrastructure Project Manager Resume Sample 4
- IT Infrastructure Project Manager Resume Sample 5
- IT Infrastructure Project Manager Resume Sample 6
- IT Infrastructure Project Manager Resume Sample 7
- IT Infrastructure Project Manager Resume Sample 8
- IT Infrastructure Project Manager Resume Sample 9
- IT Infrastructure Project Manager Resume Sample 10
- IT Infrastructure Project Manager Resume Sample 11
- Wrap Up