Credit union tellers provide handling of all transactions and financial related tasks for clients at a credit union. Their duties include verifying deposits, verifying transactions, processing checks, examining documents, verifying cash totals, and representing their credit union in a professional, courteous manner.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Credit Union Teller Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Credit Union Teller resumes for your reference.
Credit Union Teller Resume Sample 1
- Preserved and restored banks’ image at a credit union; was a valued member of the teams by maintaining friendly relationships with clients.
- Organized a variety of events and received superior customer service ratings from clients.
- Correctly diagnosed the needs of customers based on personal conversations and conversations with bank employees; identified potential client needs through observation.
- Researched trends and projections in banking; created plans and solutions to various problems using real estate as an example.
- Designed, implemented and sustained three-year department improvement programs for Financial Planning areas, which met or exceeded established goals and objectives.
Credit Union Teller Resume Sample 2
- Handled and processed transactions in a timely manner, with accuracy and precision, to ensure the smooth transaction of business.
- Closed an account with $5000 in less than three months; recognized by the Regional Manager for outstanding performance.
- Earned recognition for customer satisfaction during the last quarter of 12 consecutive quarters, based on customer survey ratings.
- Received outstanding quality award, where I excelled in performance reviews as well as meeting customers’ needs according to bank guidelines, while maintaining a positive attitude towards work.
- Achieved award for achieving over 80% positive survey results from customers and staff.
Credit Union Teller Resume Sample 3
- Completed assigned tasks while conducting business with a broad spectrum of customers by actively listening to their financial needs and providing solutions.
- Gained the respect of fellow colleagues, other departments, and management as an individual who is willing to step up and take on new challenges.
- Received two transfers in four years because of my success in exceeding management’s expectations through my efforts, performance, and high standards of excellence.
- Conducted transactions for individuals during peak hours; provided assistance by anticipating clients’ needs.
- Received excellent service awards by the Regional Mortgage Lending Consultant; self-motivated to complete processes.
Credit Union Teller Resume Sample 4
- Processed thousands of transactions on standard and automated teller machines, maintaining a perfect customer service rating for the year.
- Greatly improved member loyalty program by enhancing visibility and accessibility of this critical aspect.
- Researched trends in negative balances and the development of new products available to members with bad credit ratings.
- Helped to reduce rates for existing members, increasing savings in the process.
- Efficiently managed multiple responsibilities at teller stations, reducing costs and increasing efficiency for member convenience.
Credit Union Teller Resume Sample 5
- Produced a drawer’s account, as well as customer accounts, on a timely basis.
- Demonstrated superb customer service by giving a personal customer service touch to each account I had access to.
- Recognized by the regional manager for outstanding performance, including excellent feedback from customers who had applied for a loan.
- Completed course at the nation’s only Community College for Banking in less than 10 months.
- Recognized with outstanding performance and customer satisfaction awards by credit union trustees and managers.
Credit Union Teller Resume Sample 6
- Served as a Credit Union Teller and First Loan Officer, grew customer base through outstanding customer service and branch sales.
- Assisted members with loans, mortgages, savings plans, CDs (Certificate of Deposits), IRAs (Individual Retirement Accounts), and checking accounts.
- Helped create merger between Credit Union and another local institution for a new location in the City.
- Scheduled appointments for branch tours; handled each tour professionally by providing informational brochures.
- Reviewed member accounts for errors or inconsistencies; made changes whenever necessary.
Credit Union Teller Resume Sample 7
- Assigned over 20 accounts, totaling $600,000.00 of deposits, with minimum opening balances; credited a high percentage of fully fund deposits.
- Maintained deposit balance at a high level while carrying an end-of-day profit that was greater than the monthly profit goal.
- Effectively conversed with customers regarding their questions and concerns while effectively applying special techniques and advice, when requested; handled over 30 customer transactions per day.
- Trained at least five new bank employees to assume full responsibility for daily duties and goals for daily activity; trained highly qualified students in the use of company software to enhance operational efficiency and staff performance.
- Achieved outstanding productivity level by managing 26 accounts per shift; increased credit union’s profits by maximizing deposits, reducing account fees, and increasing customer satisfaction.
Credit Union Teller Resume Sample 8
- Established five separate businesses within one year: checking account, savings account, checkbook sales, pay stub request machine, and computer repair.
- Recruited customers through earned referral fees and word-of-mouth referrals; built strong customer relationships.
- Achieved one million dollars in total deposits in one year of work.
- Served as a key member of the credit union’s rating team under management team direction; implemented new technologies into business operations.
- Managed a budget for personal funds consistent with current financial goals and objectives; demonstrated financial responsibility and responsible usage of credit cards.
Credit Union Teller Resume Sample 9
- Identifies suspicious activity, conducts full credit and criminal background investigations on all borrowers (applicants) and vendors, attends annual conferences for credit union experts.
- Provides customers with free education about the value of membership to a credit union and financial independence.
- Developed systems for in-house and outside payments to increase efficiency. Documentation for faster payment review by bank executives.
- Provided quality service, established team work environment, developed service expectations that guided employees in an efficient manner.
- Recognized as a valuable asset to the organization through exceptional performance evaluations from bank executives.
Credit Union Teller Resume Sample 10
- Trained in all aspects of personal banking including, but not limited to: checking, savings, CDs and related services.
- Successfully handled complex transactions such as queries relating to power of attorney, military allotments and finance charges.
- Handled inquiries from the public in a friendly and courteous manner while professionally completing transactions.
- Opened new accounts for five local businesses that generated income to the credit union within three months or less.
- Established an account balance of over $2 billion dollars without an error.
Credit Union Teller Resume Sample 11
- Actively increased customer base by establishing stability, accountability, and confidence in the credit union’s financial institution.
- Recognized by the Credit Union Board of Directors for exceptional sales performance and dedication to customer needs.
- Met all personal banking objectives while consistently exceeding overall sales goals.
- Achieved awards for outstanding employee performance; ranked among the top 2% of all employees nationwide.
- Received outstanding sales award; motivated and inspired those around her to achieve through self-motivation and hard work.
Credit Union Teller Resume Sample 12
- Met with customers of all walks of life and situations; helped them to resolve credit and loan difficulties.
- Won award for the highest number of new accounts opened by a teller in a single month; exceeded the average new account production of 12 per month.
- Assisted members in opening checking, savings, and CD accounts as well as resolving loans.
- Outstanding performance in customer service and phone etiquette, consistently rated with scores higher than 90%.
- Left behind a legacy in teamwork; developed a system for check-splitting at deposit windows to save time during the busiest months thus freeing associates for other tasks.
To work as a credit union teller, you should obtain a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field. Credit union tellers must demonstrate knowledge of teller operating procedures, knowledge of cash handling, proficiency in computers, good math skills, good customer service, good communication, and knowledge of credit union operations.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.