Technical Services Managers oversee IT systems. Their duties include overseeing technical operations performed by programmers, assigning duties to network systems operators, ensuring company targets are met, ensuring client requirements are met, developing policies for timely resolution of issues, and ensuring quality service.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Technical Services Manager Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Technical Services Manager resumes for your reference.
Technical Services Manager Resume Sample 1
- Maintained network infrastructure, servers, and applications; maintained and upgraded computers and applications; secured and developed network; configured and maintained Windows servers; set up Internet connectivity for users; installed software; set up user accounts and passwords; networked printers; monitored server performance; monitored and managed software updates; upgraded operating systems; and created documentation and training materials.
- Managed IT resources to complete multiple projects within the Information Technology department; secured and supported multiple computers and servers; worked with senior staff to manage resources; performed maintenance and upgrades to computers and applications; implemented policies and procedures; and managed resources to meet departmental goals.
- Completed projects within department; documented tasks and completed assignments; trained and supported staff members; maintained equipment; maintained network security; provided updates to software and hardware platforms; created documentation of work completed; communicated with senior staff for feedback on projects.
- Developed policy awareness for IT department through participation in departmental IT committee.
- Completed projects within time frames set by management, increased team members, increased utilization of resources, and received positive feedback from management.
Technical Services Manager Resume Sample 2
- Initiated and implemented various technical services initiatives that have resulted in a savings of over $200,000 for the company.
- Made effective changes to the network and other company systems that have significantly increased productivity and efficiency of staff.
- Served as the primary technical resource for all technical services, responding to a wide range of requests from both inside and outside the company.
- Developed a systematic approach to technical support that has allowed the company to scale up the size of the department without creating a large staff of full-time support technicians.
- Earned a promotion for exceptional performance in the area of technical support, based on a well-written resume and a persuasive performance evaluation
Technical Services Manager Resume Sample 3
- Maintained an on-time, reliable, and error-free system of customer service for over 50,000 transactions per month.
- Improved technical services and customer service in the form of improvements in time-to-resolution and efficiency, and the availability of technical support staff.
- Developed a standardized procedure for handling and resolving service requests.
- Supported the operation of all systems and services by administering and updating system backups, hardware and software.
- Implemented new systems to improve the services of data backup, service and support, customer service, and software development.
Technical Services Manager Resume Sample 4
- Designed, implemented, and maintained web-based project management system for user interface, application software, and network connectivity.
- Provided strategic direction for development and maintenance of back-end data management system.
- Gained knowledge of project management, planning, and organization through participation in projects at three companies.
- Analyzed, designed, and maintained network system supporting the back-end data management system.
- Designed and implemented the user interface for a web-based system supporting the front-end project management system.
Technical Services Manager Resume Sample 5
- Implemented a plan to create a new database that will house the complete needs of the business in a central location.
- Resolved issues with network connectivity and successfully restored service.
- Created new information system and revised process for purchasing and maintaining IT equipment.
- Reviewed company’s security and implemented a comprehensive security plan for IT.
- Ensured that network security was properly implemented and maintained; responded to emergencies and threats.
Technical Services Manager Resume Sample 6
- Reduced monthly cost of operating a call center by more than $15,000; saved $50,000 by following up with suppliers and customers in the post-sale phase of contract negotiation.
- Accurately priced and successfully completed 10-month project to create a computerized marketing plan and database.
- Provided consistent and reliable customer service through consistently completed monthly service calls.
- Successfully implemented an e-mail distribution list for customer feedback and new product information.
- Established successful technical support and installation practices for a company in the distribution of software products.
Technical Services Manager Resume Sample 7
- Used system administration tools to identify and correct server performance issues; followed IT policies, procedures, and security protocols; and trained other technical staff in these methods.
- Performed data backup, including testing and optimization; worked with a local company to install a system; and handled support requests.
- Managed the daily, weekly, and monthly server tasks; coordinated the network operations center; and maintained the server network.
- Maintained and updated the network’s server security protocols; kept up to date with the latest network technologies; and tested and upgraded network systems.
- Managed a system maintenance plan; created a schedule of regular maintenance; and scheduled a system backup.
Technical Services Manager Resume Sample 8
- Managed Information Technology Department in coordination with Information Security Manager, and as an expert consultant for help desk support.
- Completed several successful projects, including implementation of new software and design of an e-commerce website.
- Established a support team of four technicians to ensure timely and quality service for customers.
- Maintained and monitored software in operation to provide service for a $5.2 million dollar project.
- Demonstrated ability to handle a major project with significant client and financial requirements, and deliver quality service in a timely manner.
Technical Services Manager Resume Sample 9
- Created, wrote, and delivered a computer-based training course on “Data Security” to over 300 new employees in the Information Technology department.
- Instructed a course on “Desktop Publishing” to over 200 new employees in the Information Technology department.
- Used new software to process an array of accounts receivable, including manual data entry, checking, and reconciliation.
- Translated instructions from English to Spanish and vice versa for 50 employees in the Information Technology department.
- Organized a data backup system for the Information Technology department, making over 60 hard copies of data stored on server and desktops.
Technical Services Manager Resume Sample 10
- Received IT Manager of the Year award for project management; generated technical updates for internal and external customers.
- Organized weekly meeting schedule to provide detailed technical updates for internal and external customers.
- Created a computer lab with updated software, including MS Office and Sharepoint.
- Coordinated the replacement of 1,000 PCs with new laptops and desktops.
- Assisted in the development of a web-based program to manage resources for a customer.
Technical Services Manager Resume Sample 11
- Assisted company clients in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint by preparing numerous technical documents and presentations.
- Established effective project management skills and planning methods for the development of websites, multimedia, and electronic marketing.
- Established a series of goals and organized a timeline for completing client projects.
- Implemented a systematic process to reduce delays in the completion of company projects.
- Produced an informational web page for new employees to guide them through the procedures for completing an application.
Technical Services Manager Resume Sample 12
- Performed five-year contract for the production of Microsoft Windows operating systems, Office, and security software.
- Developed software for customer account information systems; accomplished significant reduction in billing time for a large financial institution.
- Enhanced customer service and systems by implementing two-way radio systems and a 24-hour call center.
- Utilized specialized skills to write, develop, and maintain over fifty user guides for customers.
- Assisted in writing over 300 instruction manuals for users of the application.
Technical Services Manager Resume Sample 13
- Initiated and maintained company’s public web presence.
- Improved current and future operations of the company through innovative solutions to business problems.
- Reduced employee turnover and improved job performance through increased work satisfaction.
- Increased sales by $10,000,000 in the first three months of operations.
- Completed complex programming projects for one of the company’s subsidiaries.
Technical Services Manager Resume Sample 14
- Successfully designed, developed, implemented, and maintained the Technical Services Portal for one year.
- Implemented, documented, and maintained the Technical Services Wiki for one year.
- Managed the network security and performance monitoring team for two years.
- Designed and developed a customized training program for technical support staff, including a hands-on training program to improve problem-solving skills.
- Improved productivity, quality, and consistency of support services by 30%.
Technical Services Manager Resume Sample 15
- Implemented IT systems for day-to-day operations, managed multiple projects, and secured funding.
- Built an internal network that connected all of the company’s information systems and improved information sharing among employees.
- Organized, facilitated, and supervised IT training for a team of consultants.
- Evaluated, maintained, and implemented security measures for the company’s computers and network systems.
- Prepared and presented a workshop for employees on how to keep data safe.
Technical Services Manager Resume Sample 16
- Secured a position as the Technical Services Manager in an information technology organization with high standards of integrity and honesty.
- Successfully resolved technical issues in a timely manner.
- Effectively coordinated the projects of multiple, external contractors.
- Managed the execution of a quality, scalable infrastructure, supporting the operations of a data warehouse for use by all departments within the organization.
- Developed an internal process for data migration and integration, enabling the organization to comply with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
To work as a Technical Services Manager you must complete a bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field, but a master’s degree is preferred. Technical Service Managers must demonstrate organization, having good communication skills, being able to coordinate the activities of others, being proficient in managing system databases, having good time management skills, having good project management skills, and having advanced computer hardware and software knowledge.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.