Principals are managing directors within a school, they oversee the daily operation of all departments and ensure the school as a whole is meeting standards. Their duties include maintaining the budgets, ensuring school and state standards are met, hiring teachers, observing classroom activity, staff reviews and development, and approving departments curriculum.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Principal Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Principal resumes for your reference.
Principal Resume Sample 1
- Elevated student achievement by creating an environment where individual students are recognized for their achievements.
- Developed an internal/external network of support to ensure that each student receives the best opportunities to excel.
- Identified and implemented cost-effective strategies that would benefit students’ social, emotional, physical, and cognitive growth.
- Promoted school success by advocating for extracurricular activities which provide enrichment opportunities for students.
- Proposed curriculum changes based on teacher input to ensure that each student has access to the best educational opportunity available.
Principal Resume Sample 2
- Management of internally funded program for 7th/8th-grade students in a school district.
- Conducted team meetings, breakout sessions, and class presentations.
- Coordination of an annual community service project for over 400 students including field trip planning, scheduling, and work preparations.
- Effectively managed budget while adhering to state guidelines.
- Effectively administrated the Student Assistance Program (SNAP) which served 664 students throughout North Dakota. This SAP provided support to low-income individuals with the goal of overcoming educational barriers through mentoring programs.
Principal Resume Sample 3
- Achieved award for training and developing new employees, increasing job satisfaction and productivity.
- Received appreciation award for outstanding testimony for our Director of Education; developed a stronger working relationship with teachers and administrators.
- Accomplished the goals of the district by creating innovative programs such as Supervision Boot Camp to improve ratings in evaluation criteria such as Level 1 & 2 data results.
- Developed a discipline matrix that increased student performance within the school zone while minimizing out-of-school suspensions.
- Accomplished the goals of the district by creating programs such as “Obamacare” and “Uniform Advantage” that improved the opinion of the school system in the community.
Principal Resume Sample 4
- Innovative approaches for building a team of teachers, parents, and students yielded notable results by increasing test scores by 10% in just one year.
- Dramatically improved discipline issues with inventive methods that were recognized by the mayor of the city.
- Led student achievement to be ranked among the best in the state of Washington.
- Installed a gardening program that was recognized as saving the school thousands of dollars annually by replacing many common food items with fresh produce grown on campus.
- Achieved award for being an outstanding school leader who understood school finance and money management; accelerated improvement of test scores for reading, writing, speaking, and mathematics.
Principal Resume Sample 5
- Accomplished academic overhaul of the school; created a vision of high expectations for all students.
- Redirected funding to better meet the needs of schools; generated income for the school library.
- Dramatically increased graduation rate; innovative initiatives that focused on engaging students, improving attendance rates, and strengthening the core curriculum.
- Achieved award for excellence in education; exemplary commitment to student achievement and overall school improvement.
- Promoted outstanding turnaround of underperforming schools through improvement in student performance, positive teacher morale, and enhanced graduation rates.
Principal Resume Sample 6
- Promoted effective instruction, improved upon delivery of lessons, and utilized resources to assist students in learning.
- Participated in various events designed to address students’ academic performance; recognized for exceptional education by teachers.
- Accomplished exemplary work in the position of Principal at the high school level; exceeded expectations.
- Achieved outstanding inspection ratings; participated in assessment team meetings.
- Received award for the especially successful principal; held an overall effectiveness rating of 95%.
Principal Resume Sample 7
- Published findings for comparative images of students’ early growth in reading skills.
- Authored know publication, “The Seven Most Important Traits of Successful Principals”.
- Authored state-approved lesson plan guide for elementary school students, “Math Munchies”; taught math to third graders.
- Authored young adult novel series, “The Adventures of Tavin”.
- Awarded outstanding employee award by the Superintendent for the ability to communicate effectively with community members, teachers, and administrators.
Principal Resume Sample 8
- Increased enrollment by 15 percent in the first year of Principal.
- Supervised two teachers and nine students; had an average student/teacher ratio of 9:1.
- Recruited and trained three new teachers; four were college graduates.
- Increased retention of students by 38 percent; improved teacher effectiveness, as measured by scores on the TEA-21 Partnership Program.
- Set up a second school (Lutheran School); mentored and helped set up the new school with LaVerne Watson, Director of Education and Marketing for Lutheran Schools in Texas.
Principal Resume Sample 9
- Developed and implemented a comprehensive revision of the curriculum for specialty course; earned award from the Administrator for outstanding performance.
- Supervised implementation of a new state-approved program; successfully completed all training and received an award from the State Department of Education.
- Successfully oversaw data collection and analysis associated with national test results; received praise from parents and staff alike.
- Restructured curriculum regarding foreign language courses; earned accolades by students, parents, and faculty for efforts to improve both proficiency and enjoyment of language acquisition.
- Developed innovative programs for the enrichment of low-performing students; awarded certificate of appreciation from State Department of Education.
Principal Resume Sample 10
- Developed and implemented a new curriculum that improved student learning outcomes.
- Maintained the integrity of the school’s security system while ensuring that paper documents were not compromised.
- Hired, trained, and supervised teachers with three years of experience in the field of education.
- Compiled evaluative data on both students and teachers for retention, regional performance measures, student achievement, and teacher efficiency.
- Attended meetings with students’ parents to provide solutions for their children’s learning problems related to learning disabilities or mental health problems.
Principal Resume Sample 11
- Adopted a new statewide educational program that exceeded the state’s performance standards.
- Deployed a special education program that exceeded student, parent, and teacher expectations.
- Led a team of teachers to implement a full instructional program for a selected high school.
- Developed a method to make teaching more meaningful to our students through the use of technology.
- Supervised staff members who helped implement curricular reforms in an elementary school.
Principal Resume Sample 12
- In less than two years, successfully redesigned a weak academic program into a valuable asset for the school.
- Promoted from teaching assistant to the assistant principal when advanced leadership skills were needed to resolve school issues.
- Recruited talented teachers to join me in implementing a new curriculum for the Upper School.
- Restructured departmental meetings to enhance staff communication and preserve group morale.
- Created a motivating environment for staff members so they could focus on the positive aspects of leading students through difficult learning experiences.
Principal Resume Sample 13
- Established a five-year plan, including a timeline.
- Developed successful recruitment strategies.
- Collaborated with the administration to develop and execute a marketing plan that increased attendance and reduced costs.
- Negotiated curriculum with faculty and staff; aligned the program with state education directives, including reduced class size and special education testing.
- Decreased testing time by 50%, while maintaining consistent testing results and increasing the percentage of students testing at or above grade level; awarded for outstanding performance by the state department of education.
To become a principal you must have a Masters Degree in Education, five years classroom teaching, and hold a State Principals License. Principals must possess strong leadership skills, able to multitask, knowledge of budgeting, be diplomatic in all decisions, work well under pressure, and have excellent written and spoken communication.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.