Quality Director oversees activities in the business and makes sure that each department is making sure quality is maintained throughout all projects. Duties include coordinating quality checks, preparing for audits, conducting audits, training staff, delegating responsibilities, and correcting errors that did not follow regulations.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Quality Director Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Quality Director resumes for your reference.
Quality Director Resume Sample 1
- Assessed, analyzed, and improved the quality of medical devices and equipment used in surgical procedures.
- Enhanced standardization for all phases of testing for evaluation of customer satisfaction in the clinical environment.
- Launched a new program resulting in improved performance and efficiency.
- Achieved customer satisfaction ratings by implementing company-wide changes to increase efficiency, lower costs, improve work methods, and enhance communication within divisions.
- Reduced defects from one million to 600 by pursuing employee cooperation programs resulting in improved morale and efficiency; recognized as Quality Director of the Year for outstanding performance by President and CEO for small business environment.
Quality Director Resume Sample 2
- Approved all product designs for manufacturing.
- Enabled the reduction in scrap, rework, and overtime costs by 50%.
- Reduced production time for new product designs from 6 months to 3 weeks, effectively reducing operating costs.
- Improved production yields through the use of new materials and improved equipment.
- Mentored engineering staff in effective process management techniques.
Quality Director Resume Sample 3
- Presented project plans and reports to management for review and approval.
- Contributed ideas for ways to improve processes.
- Identified ways to create a positive corporate climate of safety, quality, and excellence.
- Assisted the production manager in creating an exhaustive quality assurance plan with an emphasis on the resources necessary to ensure that products are made in accordance with their design specifications.
- Developed an elaborate quality control system that included a regular stock check, unit tests of all incoming materials, completion of all processing operations on every new product piece before it was released into inventory.
Quality Director Resume Sample 4
- Leads team to improve standards for designs, for specifications, and for delivery of customer product within time and budget constraints.
- Attended product development meetings and reviewed specifications to ensure timely delivery of product to customer.
- Reviewed source data to determine the integrity of the material used in construction and designed procedures to replace inferior or suspicious materials.
- Built a computerized system which tracked all aspects of work in progress on a daily basis; identifying problems and their solutions.
- Trained new employees on business practices, company goals, and quality standards prior to assignment at site.
Quality Director Resume Sample 5
- Drove cost reduction in manufacturing processes to achieve overall cost savings of $54,000 through more effective use of assets and materials.
- Provided continuous process improvement by defining and implementing new standards, simplification of procedures and equipment, and utilization of lean production methodologies.
- Streamlined production by reducing third party inspections for products shipped internationally.
- Established a customer centric viewpoint by involving customer representatives in the design and manufacturing process to improve product quality; created greater than $300 million in incremental revenue from initial customer relationship management efforts.
- Directed building operations at all locations for over 230 full time employees, including union contract negotiations; achieved profitability objectives for organization.
Quality Director Resume Sample 6
- Improved manufacturing techniques and quality control measures for a $100 million international food processing company including:
- Surveyed lean manufacturing practices in order to develop a lean manufacturing implementation plan.
- Found opportunities to streamline costs and improve efficiencies through capital improvements, labor reduction strategies, and supply chain efficiency enhancement.
- Assessed the validity of current state, federal, and international regulations regarding employee safety standards, leak prevention protocols, waste disposal procedures, water quality compliance requirements, etc. to eliminate conflicts or inconsistencies in the Corporation’s policies.
- Assessed the potential for Health and Safety (H&S) legislation to be put into effect using a Hazard Assessment Matrix that registered the number of non-compliant factors in each business process.
Quality Director Resume Sample 7
- Recognized for leading a team of engineers on quality control of the product manufacturing process. Developed and maintained testing protocols for reliability, product performance, and compliance with federal regulations.
- Recognized for reducing errors in the assembly of a complex telecommunications system by 80%. Improved the accuracy of the manufacturing process by providing training to a new shift assembler.
- Received recognition for improving the quality rating for an assigned group from 4.5 to 5.0; introduced shadow boards to track work processes as used in the aerospace industry as communication tools between production teams that resulted in cost savings, increased productivity, and higher quality output.
- Achieved award for meeting customer satisfaction guidelines based on customer survey ratings from customers who had received a product that was manufactured using the improved processes.
- Recognized for developing and conducting training of engineers in nine facilities on the new technologies and processes to improve quality.
Quality Director Resume Sample 8
- Focused on the company’s most valued customers providing superior customer service through timely and consistent work.
- Identified opportunities for continuous improvement, implemented a solutions-based approach to problem-solving.
- Managed an open-plan area of 250 people by developing effective communication, ongoing training, and safe work environment practices.
- Provided educational programs to over 1000 employees in departments that required change management and safety-related topics.
- Developed a team of motivated individuals by promoting the concept of teamwork through teamwork training.
Quality Director Resume Sample 9
- Managed plant operations and personnel to ensure that all products were within quality standards.
- Demonstrated outstanding leadership, human resource skill, and problem solution approaches; earned the title of Plant Manager while maintaining the position of Quality Director.
- Achieved company recognition as a top production worker; completed ten years with no lost time accidents.
- Earned award of merit for expediting repairs on high-priority equipment at a 24-hour facility.
- Expanded company’s market share by meeting customers’ needs for trouble-free equipment operation in five diverse industries from applications engineering to field service training.
Quality Director Resume Sample 10
- Designed and implemented major quality programs and projects.
- Earned a salary increase after employee evaluations demonstrated consistent progress in meeting goals.
- Established employee performance standards and based coaching on those standards to insure employee development.
- Proven effective in motivating groups of employees to achieve greater personal performance standards by assigning new employees to supervision that allowed them to learn from other leading employees in the organization.
- Achieved recognized quality ratings from the top customers on a permanent basis for the first time in his career; created an exceptional atmosphere of pride among all members of staff in the production process., aligned with customer needs, and procedures.
Quality Director Resume Sample 11
- Met company goals for achievement in quality, quantity, and cost-efficiency.
- Recognized by management for outstanding performance in early production organization transformation.
- Demonstrated ability to improve operational effectiveness; received commendation for outstanding performance by the Business Unit President.
- Demonstrated ability to improve cost-effectiveness; received a job-well-done endorsement from the Vice President of Human Resources.
- Received recognition as a top performer based on metrics used to determine pay increases and promotions.
To work as a Quality Director, you must have a bachelor’s degree and related work experience. Quality Director must demonstrate market research knowledge, management skills, policies and regulations, good documentation practices, quality standards and processes, communication skills, and data interpretation.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.