Perfusionists are responsible for operating the patient’s heart-lung machines in a hospital. Their duties include reviewing patient’s past medical history, consulting with surgeons or physicians about patient information, testing heart-lung machines, monitoring or observing heart-lung machines while on patients, setting up and operating heart-lung machines during surgery.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Perfusionist Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Perfusionist resumes for your reference.
Perfusionist Resume Sample 1
- Assisted in setting up and maintaining the Department of Anesthesiology at a local hospital.
- Achieved knowledge and expertise in cardiopulmonary support techniques for patients with heart and lung failure, as certified by the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion.
- Managed the Perfusion Lab; trained and supervised seven staff members on surgical protocol for cardiac bypass procedures, IABP insertions, ECMO emergency insertion, and CPB management.
- Critically reviewed and revised surgical and perfusion protocols to meet regulatory requirements (FDA, AAMI/ISO).
- Trained over 700 medical staff on surgical workflow protocols.
Perfusionist Resume Sample 2
- Performed life-saving procedures for dying patients with circulation problems.
- Maintained job security by maintaining full compliance to healthcare regulations.
- Achieved improved patient satisfaction scores by conducting detailed follow up surveys.
- Cultivated professional relationships with physicians to improve cultural communication and coordination of care within the department.
- Attained professional recognition for outstanding performance at local, regional, and national meetings.
Perfusionist Resume Sample 3
- Trained to the full completion, from White to Black Belt, two private students by 6 years of ongoing home Cardio-Thoracic Surgery instruction.
- Demonstrated leadership skills while attending twice monthly meetings of five organ procurement organizations in order to increase the number of organs that are donated.
- Gained experience in skills related to surgical settings that include operating room, intensive care unit, hemophilia treatment center, and radiology department.
- Delivered medical services for patients at various facilities including nursing homes, rehabilitation centers, and long term care centers.
- Outstanding quality award; demonstrated clinical achievements during one’s career.
Perfusionist Resume Sample 4
- Assisted in the emergency care of a badly injured construction worker with a punctured lung and collapsed right lung by controlling internal bleeding and performing a surgical procedure on the lung to reinflate it.
- Educated, supported, and motivated a diverse group of medical staff to conduct a successful research study on a new cardiac monitor which allowed for an increased understanding of the patients’ cardiovascular system.
- Provided life-saving emergency service for victims of motor vehicle accidents through the use of an on-board defibrillator, airway management, IV resuscitation, and interfacility transport.
- Educated and supported a diverse group of medical staff to perform an interventional procedure on a patient with a congenital heart defect which enabled him to survive.
- Introduced new services and procedures in the area of maternal fetal medicine with the intent of bringing them to national acclaim within the specialty.
Perfusionist Resume Sample 5
- Provided quality and compassionate care in the realm of cardiac and respiratory support for patients in critical condition.
- Recognized by peers and superiors for demonstration of exceptional patient care.
- Earned respect from peers and supervisors by adhering to high standards for duty rotation, medication chart accuracy, and patient treatment protocol.
- Worked in conjunction with highly trained ancillary staff to provide maximum support to patients.
- Supervised junior members on duty while pursuing postgraduate certification in specialty areas of cardiopulmonary perfusion.
Perfusionist Resume Sample 6
- Managed a scheduling system for most of the operating room staff.
- Advised on new surgical techniques and equipment purchases.
- Conducted and supervised insertion of microcatheters and catheters, hypodermic needles, and arterial cannulas.
- Actively participated in attending meetings, meetings off-site, and on-site education opportunities.
- Attained certification through the American Society of Perfusionist.
Perfusionist Resume Sample 7
- Stored, organized, and prepared medical supplies for use in patient care.
- Collaborated with Nurse Manager to ensure accuracy of patient information.
- Collaborated with Physician to establish quality surgical catheters.
- Effectively managed operating room schedule.
- Prescribed medications for patients in need of anticoagulants; ensured the correct dosage amount was administered to each individual patient based on body weight and medication schedule.
Perfusionist Resume Sample 8
- Performed complex and non-routine procedures on hearts, lungs, and other organs to optimize perfusion (blood supply) and maintain viability for transplant operations.
- Evaluated pathophysiologic changes during an operation; accessed cardiopulmonary bypass circuit.
- Attended state-of-the-art training programs in advanced perfusion; provided advanced life support to patients experiencing cardiac arrest in the operating room.
- Consolidated and identified key learning points in a logbook following each procedure performed; recommended protocol changes based on clinical results.
- Obtained approval from the hospital for implementation of new protocols identified by logbook.
Perfusionist Resume Sample 9
- Maintained and serviced the pump of a triple bypass heart patient, while he did extensive cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- Contributed to and maintained and serviced a triple by-pass heart patient, while he did intensive cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- Quickly restored full cardiac function in a stroke victim through external chest compressions.
- Demonstrated quick response skills during emergency situations such as cardiac arrest situations, hypotension (low blood pressure), etc.
- Performed CPR on three different patients within three minutes of calling 911.
Perfusionist Resume Sample 10
- Performed over 500 successful open-heart surgeries by managing a cardiac team and using new medical equipment.
- Responsible for life support systems that maintained patient breathing, blood circulation, and monitored body temperature during open-heart surgery.
- Trained newly hired perfusionists through sophisticated medical machinery and work procedures to prepare for surgical procedures.
- Planned medical care for patients in an efficient manner by monitoring patient vitals and administering medications in a timely fashion.
- Actively participated in the American Society of Perfusionists by presenting papers on advanced perfusion technologies and sharing knowledge with peers.
Perfusionist Resume Sample 11
- Provided preoperative and intraoperative cardiopulmonary care as a member of the surgical team.
- Assisted with the implantation of cardiovascular devices, such as pacemakers, defibrillators, and cochlear implants.
- Performed catheterization procedures on patients undergoing angioplasty.
- Managed a clinical perfusion laboratory to ensure patient safety and quality results.
- Collaborated with interventional radiologists to achieve successful interventional procedures by improving operator technique through advanced perfusion education of techniques such as Thrombolysis and Thrombectomy (removal of blood clots).
Perfusionist Resume Sample 12
- Researched, developed, and implemented a new perfusion cooling system to increase productivity and patient survivability.
- Saved a life by reviving a patient who suffered cardiac arrest during open-heart surgery.
- Recognized as an exemplary perfusionist by an award from the American Heart Association.
- Designed and organized staff orientation programs to train new perfusion staff on changes in operational procedures following technology upgrades.
- Served as department head for key administrative duties such as hiring, marketing, technical training, staff development, and inventory control.
To work as a Perfusionist, you need a Bachelor’s degree in a science field, completion of a perfusionist certificate or Master’s degree includes clinical training and passing a written exam by the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion is required. Perfusionists must demonstrate good active listening, communication, critical thinking, decision-making, problem-solving, observation, and organizational skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Perfusionist Resume Samples
- Perfusionist Resume Sample 1
- Perfusionist Resume Sample 2
- Perfusionist Resume Sample 3
- Perfusionist Resume Sample 4
- Perfusionist Resume Sample 5
- Perfusionist Resume Sample 6
- Perfusionist Resume Sample 7
- Perfusionist Resume Sample 8
- Perfusionist Resume Sample 9
- Perfusionist Resume Sample 10
- Perfusionist Resume Sample 11
- Perfusionist Resume Sample 12
- Wrap Up