Systems managers coordinate teams of IT professionals to implement information technology in an organization. Their duties include planning information systems, installing hardware upgrade, installing software upgrade, maintaining upgrades, analyzing computer networks, determining the IT needs of the organization, managing digital backups, and managing cyber-security.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Systems Manager Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Systems Manager resumes for your reference.
Systems Manager Resume Sample 1
- Distributed, installed, and configured software applications through Internet-based workflows.
- Outstanding report writing skills in order to meet internal deadlines.
- Installed and maintained computer systems locally and remotely. Fabrication, installation, and maintenance of customer support equipment.
- Designed a network query system which could return information to multiple users at a time giving them access to their own data regardless of where they were located within the company’s facilities.
- Advanced as a lead analyst as well as project manager for new projects based on realistic goals and course material.
Systems Manager Resume Sample 2
- Designed, developed, and qualified computer hardware and software systems.
- Performed system upgrades of order entry, accounts receivable, inventory control, and payroll.
- Consulted with customers regarding new product development through the use of lean eight-step process.
- Managed three teams of programmers to ensure timely completion of assigned projects.
- Established sound processes for meeting project deadlines using project management software.
Systems Manager Resume Sample 3
- Managed the systems environment including databases, servers, support, and network.
- Established secure communication with internal and external sources.
- Performed server maintenance including hardware upgrades.
- Supervised other IT professionals to help implement, maintain, and administer the information system for multiple departments.
- Learned how to manage IT projects effectively; built client relationships with multiple departments by small working groups.
Systems Manager Resume Sample 4
- Organized, documented, installed, and maintained computer systems by direct labor.
- Designed, developed, implemented, and maintained different systems by use of software packages.
- Maintained all softwares programs to meet business needs for management information management system (MIMS) and network architecture (NAP).
- Performed troubleshooting of computer hardware/software for operating system (OS) problems.
- Conducted staff training to aid the completion of assigned projects within budget guidelines.
Systems Manager Resume Sample 5
- Led transformation of company’s information technology infrastructure by instituting new systems, process, and procedures.
- Managed streamlining of complex processes throughout company.
- Developed technical competencies in database design, programming, network security, and web site development.
- Designed and implemented hardware and software solutions to meet the demands of growing business.
- Scalped $40k annual savings by eliminating $6k annual IT costs through hardware and software enhancements to core business system.
Systems Manager Resume Sample 6
- Established new purchasing policies and procedures to enhance efficiency, improve product quality, and reduce costs.
- Developed new technologies to provide enhanced services; including automated procurement system, automated document storage system, and internet web site.
- Created reports of purchase orders according to established criteria for purchasing office.
- Defined training needs of employees in customer service department; provided on the job training on the multiple applications that were used by the company.
- Contributed to improvement of employee morale by providing counseling services for employees.
Systems Manager Resume Sample 7
- Designed and implemented a large-scale network infrastructure.
- Managed a highly complex, flexible, and scalable enterprise resource planning system for an international company.
- Managed the upgrade of the company’s internal information system to use SQL Server 2000.
- Installed computer hardware and software including servers and workstations at multiple sites in multiple countries.
- Helped manage and train installation and maintenance personnel in customization of customer’s internal software.
Systems Manager Resume Sample 8
- Coordinated resources of the global team of information technology professionals to effectively administer work flow systems.
- Managed corporate-wide operating system by installing new equipment, updating software, and maintaining hardware.
- Evaluated purchasing alternatives for software upgrades while ensuring compatibility with existing equipment.
- Ensured efficient database access for internal users by fixing internal computer program errors.
- Provided outstanding support services to more than 3,000 employees by resolving more than 10,000 computer problems in a timely manner.
Systems Manager Resume Sample 9
- Installed, maintained, and monitored computer networks in an office with over 50 computers.
- Maintained server for department by installing Windows Server, printers, routers, switches, antivirus software, and backup system.
- Conducted research on network security to reduce risk of external attacks.
- Selected equipment to meet demands of increased network traffic; assessed need for infrastructure upgrades based on equipment’s ability to handle increasing demand.
- Prepared reports that alerted management of system failures or outages before they occurred.
Systems Manager Resume Sample 10
- Managed the implementation of new applications for small community colleges, medical clinics, and credit unions.
- Interfaced with the college president to ensure that campus-wide equipment upgrades were complex but efficient.
- Researched ongoing industry technologies and applied them where appropriate to the college’s infrastructure.
- Transitioned an existing network infrastructure into a new technology platform while minimizing disruptions to students, faculty, and staff.
- Coordinated with technical support on issues pertaining to system performance, hardware breakdowns, user errors, viruses attacks on the network.
Systems Manager Resume Sample 11
- Designed and implemented company-wide asset management system as a subcontractor for another company.
- Managed internal counterparties to obtain supply of critical dual purpose IT hardware and software.
- Identified internal and external sources for necessary IT personnel to maintain systems and network.
- Served as the hands-on systems administrator and executor of IT policy and procedures.
- Managed multiple vendors for technical support services including upgrades, expansions, maintenance contracts, disaster recovery, replacement parts, etc.
Systems Manager Resume Sample 12
- Supervised customer service personnel to respond to customer inquiries, OEM needs, and quality issues.
- Developed and implemented organizational policies and procedures with support development for new products.
- Established IT training programs with the assistance of external trainers.
- Established standardized procedures for data entry to track systems, network setup, repairs, and changes.
- Conducted site visits to troubleshoot problems; provided technical assistance to end users.
Systems Manager Resume Sample 13
- Established budget, anticipated sales, and forecasted sales for project management.
- Translated IT goals into operational goals using SAS system.
- Used development strategies for creating SAS programs to control costs and improve efficiency.
- Developed and distributed mission-critical programs to keep the company in business.
- Designed operations to handle company growth with minimal downtime and maximize efficiency of operations.
Systems Manager Resume Sample 14
- Designed, installed, and maintained proper operating system along with applications.
- Maintained a technical staff of 15 skilled individuals to ensure a smooth flow of information.
- Oversaw building operations and maintenance.
- Successfully negotiated for necessary equipment upgrades and major repair expenses.
- Designed a sound internal network for effective communication between employees.
Systems Manager Resume Sample 15
- Oversaw and managed 200 employees and $25 million in capital equipment.
- Selected and tailored appropriate technology solutions for over 500 servers, 2500 workstations, and 150 cell phones.
- Managed staff of 20 software engineers to complete projects on time within budget.
- Pioneered the implementation of wireless technology across the enterprise.
- Provided expert testimony in data recovery lawsuits resulting from negligent e-discovery practices.
To work as a systems manager, you need a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer or Information Science to work as a Systems Manager with some years of experience in similar positions. System managers must be accountable, work well without supervision, must be team players, be able to work under pressure, be problem solvers, be able to set standards and ensure compliance and, must know how to perform feasibility studies.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Systems Manager Resume Samples
- Systems Manager Resume Sample 1
- Systems Manager Resume Sample 2
- Systems Manager Resume Sample 3
- Systems Manager Resume Sample 4
- Systems Manager Resume Sample 5
- Systems Manager Resume Sample 6
- Systems Manager Resume Sample 7
- Systems Manager Resume Sample 8
- Systems Manager Resume Sample 9
- Systems Manager Resume Sample 10
- Systems Manager Resume Sample 11
- Systems Manager Resume Sample 12
- Systems Manager Resume Sample 13
- Systems Manager Resume Sample 14
- Systems Manager Resume Sample 15
- Wrap Up