Home Health Care Nurses provide therapy and rehabilitation services in the home setting. Their duties include documenting patient’s health, observing and reporting patient needs to physician, assisting patient in self-care, administering medication, providing patient care according to needs and providing health education to patients.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Home Health Care Nurse Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Home Health Care Nurse resumes for your reference.
Home Health Care Nurse Resume Sample 1
- Provided physical, emotional, and social support to patients, families, and community members with chronic illnesses.
- Supervised a team of healthcare workers in caring for approximately 50 individuals a day.
- Recognized by the agency office staff as “Employee of the Month”, followed by becoming an “Agency Star”.
- Trained over 80 new employees on equipment, human resources requirements, infection control policies and procedures.
- Organized management information system documentation on computer database to track performance trends of home health care program.
Home Health Care Nurse Resume Sample 2
- Developed treatment plan for patients with upper respiratory infections to prevent recurrence of upper respiratory infections.
- Prescribed medication to manage hypertension, diabetes, and hyperlipidemia; managed patient’s chronic disease that best fit the patient’s unique needs at home.
- Effectively managed multiple patients’ conditions by frequently communicating medication changes, modifying care plans as needed to maintain optimum health conditions.
- Promoted optimal health among children affected by exposure to environmental tobacco smoke through implementation of educational materials on secondhand smoke exposure.
- Achieved positive health improvements in numerous cases via holistic therapy including acupuncture, dietary adjustments, physical therapy treatments & lifestyle counseling
Home Health Care Nurse Resume Sample 3
- Treated patients ranging in age from teen to geriatrics; evaluated and administered medication, diagnosed illness and injury, and referred patients for additional testing.
- Experienced with new acute care treatments, including the use of an incentive spirometer for deep breathing and postural drainage techniques which included chest percussive therapy.
- Provided assistance with activities of daily living such as bathing, dressing, feeding, taking vital signs, communicating medical information between providers and patient’s family members.
- Promoted healthful lifestyle by teaching patients about hypertension management, cholesterol reduction dieting, weight management procedures utilizing CPR training methods. Coordinated community resources through weekly meetings with social worker/nurse case manager.
- Created a positive atmosphere for patients and families with experience as a team trainer, patient advocate, and educator.
Home Health Care Nurse Resume Sample 4
- Trained eighteen staff members in CPR and First Aid.
- Collaborated with professional staff to achieve optimal patient satisfaction scores.
- Promoted Huddle Up Stay Safe program for positive behavior modification through peer tutoring.
- Successfully enhanced the continuity of care planning process by providing discharge teaching to patients, families, and other caregivers.
- Initiated a fall prevention class for residents demonstrating strategies to avoid falls while promoting independent living skills.
Home Health Care Nurse Resume Sample 5
- Provided physical rehabilitation and supportive services to patients.
- Removed sutures, checked surgical dressings, and obtained wound cultures; reduced patient discomfort and pain after surgery by 88%.
- Conducted home visits to assess the needs of patients, administer medication and therapy sessions, and monitor compliance with physician’s orders.
- Authored reports detailing the status of health care plans while maintaining confidentiality of sensitive patient information.
- Provided professional nursing skills while minimizing risk factors in an alcohol treatment facility for adults with mental illness during three months of employment.
Home Health Care Nurse Resume Sample 6
- Delivered compassionate, comprehensive care to patients under the direction of physicians.
- Provided quality patient service by maintaining compliance with federal, state, and professional standards.
- Reassured financially-strapped families during difficult times by working closely with Social Worker in financial management of patient caseloads.
- Responded quickly to emergency requests while collaborating closely with physician to provide treatment for shifting needs of critically ill population.
- Devised innovative practices that increased accuracy of documentation, resulting in more efficient reimbursement process.
Home Health Care Nurse Resume Sample 7
- Cared for ill, convalescent or elderly patient with patience and respect.
- Communicated regularly with physicians regarding patient’s progress to ensure continuity of care.
- Provided patients with proper nursing care including medications, treatments, therapies, food trays, etc. as prescribed by registered nurses.
- Prepared documentation on daily observation of patients’ conditions; including pertinent information relative to diagnosis under quarterly review system within the department. Followed through client complaints/concerns after receiving report from nurses area manager.
- Assisted with admission procedures and complete all records in preparation for new admissions; particularly those who require experimental treatment programs or clinical trials according to company protocol and federal regulations.
Home Health Care Nurse Resume Sample 8
- Assessed health status, identified treatment plan and monitored patient’s response to therapies.
- Documented patient’s conditions, treatments, medication administration records and charting in the medical records.
- Achieved excellence as a Home Health Care Nurse; recognized by executive staff for outstanding performance.
- Recognized by CEO for providing exceptional care to a patient with a long term terminal illness during extended hospitalization.
- Fostered strong rapport between nurse and patient through compassionate communication during end of life experience.
Home Health Care Nurse Resume Sample 9
- Provided safe and effective nursing care to patients through the use of knowledge, clinical skills, and critical thinking.
- Administer intravenous medication and insulin; monitor vital signs; perform physician-prescribed treatments (e.g., wound dressing changes, ostomy site care); provide patient education; assist with ADLs; maintain confidentiality; organize/prioritize assignments by clinical acuity, age of patients served.
- Demonstrated thorough understanding of anatomy and physiology necessary for nursing practice as shown by familiarity with medical surgical conditions (e.g., diabetes mellitus).
- Assisted RN in providing care for a cardiac arrest patient under direct supervision until relieved by emergency personnel after fourteen minutes of CPR.
- Achieved patient satisfaction scores in the 97th percentile for all ten Home Health Care services by demonstrating caring, responsive, and respectful behaviors in accordance with established regulations.
Home Health Care Nurse Resume Sample 10
- Assisted patient in emergency medication procedures, prepared equipment for respiratory treatments, applied topical ointments to skin lesions.
- Aided patient with cleaning and dressing of wounds; administered intravenous medications on schedule following physician’s orders.
- Accurately recorded all observations of patient condition on treatment sheet, made necessary notations on care plan regarding next visit.
- Mentored new employees during orientation period while providing customer service support for patients and their families by preparing charts and records following routine checkups.
- Provided quality nursing care while maintaining positive work ethic through outstanding attendance, completion of all required tasks on time.
Home Health Care Nurse Resume Sample 11
- Monitored vital signs, administered medications, dispensed treatment, and supervised patient care.
- Provided physical therapy to help patients maintain functions of daily living including self-care skills, mobility protocols, and coordination exercises.
- Effectively initiated working relationships with physicians for rounding procedures while promoting patient security.
- Trained new staff members in unit orientation training while actively increasing their knowledge of customer service standards.
- Referred families to community services for respite care when needed.
To work as a Home Health Care Nurse, an LPN (licensed practical nurse) or RN (registered nurse) licensing is required. Home Health Care Nurses must comply with policies and procedures, understand HIPAA guidelines, be compassionate, demonstrate strong written communication skills, be accurate in documentation, demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and be patient driven.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Home Health Care Nurse Resume Samples
- Home Health Care Nurse Resume Sample 1
- Home Health Care Nurse Resume Sample 2
- Home Health Care Nurse Resume Sample 3
- Home Health Care Nurse Resume Sample 4
- Home Health Care Nurse Resume Sample 5
- Home Health Care Nurse Resume Sample 6
- Home Health Care Nurse Resume Sample 7
- Home Health Care Nurse Resume Sample 8
- Home Health Care Nurse Resume Sample 9
- Home Health Care Nurse Resume Sample 10
- Home Health Care Nurse Resume Sample 11
- Wrap Up