Inventory Accountants work in a companies accounting department and are responsible for maintaining accounting records of a companies physical inventory. Their duties include maintaining the general ledger, generating and analyzing inventory reports, monitoring raw materials and inventory cost, seeking ways to reduce cost of supplies, identifying inventory variances and reason for them, and regular physical inventory management.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Inventory Accountant Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Inventory Accountant resumes for your reference.
Inventory Accountant Resume Sample 1
- Assembled and reconciled a company’s daily cash receipts to weekly bank statements.
- Reconciled monthly ending inventory balances from physical inventory counts against balancing records from purchase orders, invoices, receiving reports, distribution reports, general ledger postings, and subsidiary ledgers.
- Prioritized incoming phone calls according to account status and ensured NO accounts remained in credit loss status for an extended period of time.
- Maintained strict confidentiality at all times.
- Accurately posted cash journal entries using highly specialized accounting software program on multiple operating systems ensuring proper bookkeeping procedures were met for all financial matters.
Inventory Accountant Resume Sample 2
- Improved inventory management by initiating a centralized inventory control system that provided real-time stock data.
- Optimized the accuracy of client accounts with proper documentation and analysis by introducing an automated XBRL tagging program.
- Managed general ledger accounts, coordinating transactions between various departments to facilitate financial information, resolving discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Resolved a large accounting discrepancy through immaculate analysis, allocating exact expenses to the correct departments resulting in increased profit margin for firm.
- Orchestrated continuous improvement strategies among 5 divisions within the company after instituting standardized cost control measures across all units nationwide.
Inventory Accountant Resume Sample 3
- Prepared statistical reports for management; analyzed trends and fluctuations in net income; provided recommendations.
- Assisted with the internal control of inventory, tracking of branch acquisition costs, and implementation of procedures to ensure proper compliance with internal control requirements.
- Aided departmental staff by providing research on warehouse practices; recommended revisions to established processes to achieve cost savings.
- Reduced direct materials shrinkage during shipment processing by revising order forms for electronic entry instead of manual data entry.
- Improved office workflow by applying time studies with suggestions for process improvements following installation of 5S program that included color-coded labels, use of standardized tools throughout the facility, and designated work spaces. Results contributed to a 5% reduction in cycle time and 2.5% increase in productivity.
Inventory Accountant Resume Sample 4
- Aided in the creation of an automated system for inventory control.
- Reconciled accounts, established new controls on inventory purchases, and reduced inventory expenses by 3%.
- Effectively managed supplier relations through communication to reduce outstanding balances by 30%.
- Streamlined communication between corporate headquarters and manufacturing plant with a standard operating procedure.
- Conducted daily reconciliations of accounts receivable invoices to bank statements reducing overage/shortages by 10% annually.
Inventory Accountant Resume Sample 5
- Received an “Advancement in Control” bonus for submitting the inventory count before the deadline.
- Increased productivity by 3% while decreasing material loss by 2%.
- Tracked down over $50,000 of missing merchandise through point-of-sale procedures.
- Spearheaded efforts that cut costs significantly, increased efficiency and accuracy.
- Identified weaknesses in inventory control systems to increase reporting speed and identified areas for cost savings leading to a 10% decrease in overhead expenses.
Inventory Accountant Resume Sample 6
- Maintained a relationship between financial statements and underlying physical inventory.
- Consulted company management on source selection for replacement parts, the impact of price fluctuations, and methods to improve service levels through effective procurement.
- Provided guidance to managers regarding inventory accuracy verification procedures and submitted evidence of compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
- Assigned purchase orders to suppliers based on business analysis using mathematical modeling software; reduced annual purchasing budget from $100 million to $60 million by optimizing product choices.
- Basic math skills increased from 98% accuracy at entry level to 99% at current role after five years of training in error reduction techniques.
Inventory Accountant Resume Sample 7
- Reconciled accounts receivable and payable.
- Aided in the preparation of departmental budgets for manufacturing, selling, general, and administrative departments.
- Completed closing process of accounting cycle by compiling financial statements.
- Reviewed journal entries made by colleagues to ensure proper business purpose and application of funds; modified entries when appropriate.
- Validated inventory records; inventoried storeroom; negotiated store terms with landlord; authorized rental equipment agreements.
Inventory Accountant Resume Sample 8
- Accurately and efficiently prepared and processed inventory reports and physical inventories.
- Effectively communicated with other departments to resolve inventory discrepancies, transferring $16M of assets or goods within a month.
- Received an award for achieving the highest gross margin percentage in the company during quarter three of 2014, as well as quarter four of 2012, 2013 as a result of implementing enhanced sales strategies that increased sales by 5% each year.
- Identify, analyze, respond to change by conducting headcount reduction projects; implemented cost-saving measures without layoffs eliminating overhead costs through effective workforce management methods.
- Managed low cost merchandising displays driving up store sales by 2%; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing action plans that effectively boosted sales by $2M in low margin items.
Inventory Accountant Resume Sample 9
- Prepared, analyzed, recorded, and adjusted journal entries for inventory accounts.
- Provided input for monthly sales forecast based on sales projections.
- Developed an efficient procedure for Inventory Counting Department to follow the standard company policy manual.
- Authored 10+ pages of training materials used to train new employees in proper procedures resulting in increased accuracy and productivity within the accounting department.
- Revamped prior existing system by providing documentation explaining why previous system was not working effectively; updated process flow charts that resulted in a three-fold decrease in time processing payrolls while increasing work product quality and efficiency.
Inventory Accountant Resume Sample 10
- Received a positive performance review from the Accounting Manager for my hard work and dedication.
- Recognized by the company manager because of saving the company almost $3,000 in inventory discrepancies.
- Organized an Inventory Under Control program to ensure correct counts were being made according to procedures.
- Actively involved with other Accounting staff members in preparation for an international audit which included extensive travel arrangements and meetings with clients abroad.
- Developed a new system along with other co-workers that allowed for faster processing of transactions through our accounting software.
Inventory Accountant Resume Sample 11
- Conducted month-end inventory audits for sales, returns, and adjustments.
- Resolved discrepancies in the accounts by investigating problem areas including but not limited to functions of finished goods, raw materials, transferring transactions, cash disbursements and receipts.
- Received bonus for discovering significant savings in inventory value; increased company profits by $75,000 after identifying waste within purchasing cycle.
- Promoted to Inventory Supervisor (Department Manager) for excellence in communication skills with suppliers and customers during annual budget review process.
- Increased accuracy of financial reporting by 100%, netting an additional $450,000 revenue for company through reconciliation of general ledger account balances.
To work as an Inventory Account you must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or finance, hold a state CPA license, and previous work in complex accounting may be required. Assistant Accountants must be comfortable with MS Excel or accounting software, be able to handle a large volume of documents, proficiency in mathematics, be independent workers, detail oriented, and have strong communication skills, and excellent time management.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Inventory Accountant Resume Samples
- Inventory Accountant Resume Sample 1
- Inventory Accountant Resume Sample 2
- Inventory Accountant Resume Sample 3
- Inventory Accountant Resume Sample 4
- Inventory Accountant Resume Sample 5
- Inventory Accountant Resume Sample 6
- Inventory Accountant Resume Sample 7
- Inventory Accountant Resume Sample 8
- Inventory Accountant Resume Sample 9
- Inventory Accountant Resume Sample 10
- Inventory Accountant Resume Sample 11
- Wrap Up