Professional Athletes are responsible for competing individually or as part of a team. Their duties include exercising, following the instructions of a trainer/coach, following meal plans, participating in competitive events, identifying weaknesses, and improving performance.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Professional Athlete Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Professional Athlete resumes for your reference.
Professional Athlete Resume Sample 1
- Cashed checks for over 5,000 clients at a gym in less than one year of employment.
- Recognized by local media for outstanding athletic achievements.
- Won awards for best swimmer, best boxer, and most improved athlete.
- Received award for overcoming adversity through personal determination and perseverance.
- Began fitness career at age 15; became even better fit as adult through continuous exercise and discipline of a disciplined lifestyle.
Professional Athlete Resume Sample 2
- Led the team to a #2 finish overall in the National Triathlon Competition held in Palm Springs, California.
- Exceeded department goals for personal training, strength and endurance certification, and overall total client experience.
- Received bronze medal for first place in the Regionals competition held in Santa Barbara, California.
- Won gold medal for first place overall at Super Bowl Championships held in Phoenix, Arizona; recognized as MVP by local news affiliates for 4 consecutive years.
- Ended season ranked third overall nationally as an athlete and fitness trainer with over 500 clients trained spread over 5 branches throughout southern California.
Professional Athlete Resume Sample 3
- Qualified for, and competed at state, national, and international competition levels in the sport of bodybuilding.
- Received most awards in the category of “Hardest Working Athlete” including “Hardest Worker Overall”, Perseverance Award”, “Most Inspirational”.
- Has won first place in a variety of bodybuilding contests.
- Earned Masters National Fitness Championships; achieved overall title as National Champion as well as title for contributing all-around most outstanding athlete.
- Ranks top five in the world in three separate weight classes including; Heavyweight (220 pounds), Super Heavyweight (231.25 pounds), Super Super Heavyweight (241 pounds).
Professional Athlete Resume Sample 4
- Scored highest in the league for 10 consecutive seasons; won three state titles, five regional championships, and four national championships during that time.
- Won game against rival by 30 points; recorded 28 assists, 14 steals and 6 blocked shots.
- Finished season with .873 attack percentage; accumulated 1,000 career points on a team-leading 120 goals, 975 total points.
- Declared co-captain at position by Coach of the Year; granted privilege to wear the captains letter on jersey through junior year in college.
- Provided leadership role as a freshman by scoring 9 goals and achieving 15 steals during regional championship run.
Professional Athlete Resume Sample 5
- Won three gold medals and one silver medal as a member of the 1998 National USA Karate Team.
- Completed an undefeated, four-year college tourney career with a record of 137-2, including seven collegiate titles.
- Set a new state collegiate record for highest winning percentage at .960 by defeating 37 opponents in 40 matches.
- Received the Most Outstanding Fighter Award from the University of Texas and was named “Best Fighter” by the Detroit Free Press Annual Reader Poll.
- Performed in numerous media advertisements including Nike, Coca-Cola, Oscar Mayer, Ford Motor Company, and McDonald’s.
Professional Athlete Resume Sample 6
- Won numerous gold medals and records in powerlifting, bodybuilding, yoga, and boxing.
- Included in the Guinness Book of World Records as the 1st woman to have ever performed 750 squats in one hour.
- Compiled all-time record for total weight lifted in a powerlifting contest; competed at a national level at an age 24 years, under legal weight lifting requirements.
- Set new world record for bench press lift of 651 Lbs. (320 Kg).
- Equestered six-month diet and fitness training program that included a 30 Day Limitless Challenge and supported diet supplements that contained over 100 proprietary vitamins and minerals.
Professional Athlete Resume Sample 7
- Won the Rookie of the Year award while playing for a professional softball team.
- Contributed to winning several basketball championships at the Division II level.
- Ranked 4th in the world among amateur tennis players by winning gold medals in international tennis competitions.
- Earned recognition for speed and agility as a starting wide receiver and kick return specialist for a National Football League team; acquired an average of 25 yards per kickoff return and 8 yards per punt return.
- Played key roles on four NCAA Final Four teams in three national championship games, including two victories during my senior year at Loyola University when we were ranked number one nationally in Division I women’s college basketball play.
Professional Athlete Resume Sample 8
- Endured rigorous training and conducted contests in a demanding physical environment.
- Achieved rank of Black Belt, the highest level of achievement offered by the World Shotokan Karate Federation.
- Held gold medal for three consecutive years at international competitions; record setting performances with sixty-two consecutive kicks to an opponent’s torso during a single championship round.
- Received the title of Most Outstanding Male Athlete for two consecutive years based on scores for physical appearance, personality, intellectual capacity, and discipline; awarded by members’ vote of the World Shotokan Karate Federation.
- Compiled an undefeated record; never lost a single contest in sparring, forms, and fighting.
Professional Athlete Resume Sample 9
- Earned a record of 25-10 in two years as the team’s starting tight end and defensive end. Won the championship game for the national collegiate level as defensive and offensive captain.
- Managed to play both offense and defense on same team and same play, covering an opponent for over 30 yards down field.
- Received five blue ribbons in three years with a record of 21-5 in three consecutive USA National Karate Championships (Junior Olympic).
- Achieved award for outstanding competitive spirit; remained undefeated throughout competitive season after having cancerous tumor removed from liver.
- Inspired four members of team to achieve championship status in three national tournaments (2 gold and 1 silver for 3 consecutive years).
Professional Athlete Resume Sample 10
- Competed in five regional tournaments; achieved first place at four, second place at one.
- Attained top ranking in the city after winning a string of arm wrestling contests; earned sponsorship by the Professional Muscular League.
- Earned a Regional Gold Medal in Judo after placing 3rd in state tournament; earned Black Belt rank from America champion instructor.
- Received recognition as Athlete of the Year after winning prestigious Brawling Marathon; received trophy for staying agile, coordinated, and strong during event.
- Selected for All-Star Sports Team after excelling in basketball and football competitions; awarded MVP trophy for fiercest determination and stamina during games.
Professional Athlete Resume Sample 11
- Compiled a 300 lb. Deadlift, and 275lbs squat in competition.
- Set PRs of 10 Dead-Lifts, 400 Squat, and 300 Bench Press while competing in two collegiate championships as a Division 1 athlete.
- Developed exceptional martial arts skills in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Muay Thai Kickboxing, Judo, and Wrestling.
- Became an active member of the National Police Athletic League; competed at state, regional, national and international levels while serving as a community advocate and role model for children.
- Honored with the title of National Champion for multiple years in National Police Athletic League Combat Competition; earned medals for Judo, Jiu-Jitsu, and Muay Thai.
To work as a Professional Athlete, it is preferred to pursue a college degree (e.g. business administration, psychology, nutrition, or health science) which helps you to enhance your skills and qualities. Professional Athletes must have a high level of self-motivation, a compelling vision, great reflexes and coordination, be active listeners, manage their emotions effectively, and maintaining a positive attitude.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.