An Assistant Food and Beverage Manager works with the manager in a restaurant or hotel dining room to ensure customers receive excellent service by providing the best in food and drinks. Duties include maintaining profits from sales, maintaining a clean environment, overseeing entire operations when manager is absent, planning various functions and meetings with clients, staffing, scheduling, and coordinating services.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Assistant Food And Beverage Manager Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Assistant Food And Beverage Manager resumes for your reference.
Assistant Food and Beverage Manager Resume Sample 1
- Managed buffet kitchen; supervised food preparation and replenishment of foodservice items; maintained kitchen cleanliness.
- Developed management plan to increase daily sales by 20% through improved pricing, effective staff recruitment, and improved customer service.
- Coordinated employee activities for special events/holidays.
- Transformed food presentation after careful review of competitor’s menus.
- Adequately trained floor staff in the proper handling of safety equipment.
Assistant Food and Beverage Manager Resume Sample 2
- Met or exceeded sales goals for customers and employees; obtained the top food and beverage sales award for the year.
- Hosted customers during their hospital stay; consistently earned the highest customer satisfaction survey ratings.
- Introduced new items to the menu while maintaining profitability; earned Food Service Director’s appreciation for enhancing sales within the department.
- Achieved commendation for outstanding job performance; received accolades from guests who had stayed at the hotel for quality of service provided by the department.
- Managed banquet facility with less than desirable staff in an efficient manner; recognized by General Manager for exceeding guest satisfaction levels in an underserved department.
Assistant Food and Beverage Manager Resume Sample 3
- Restructured training program for servers, bartenders, and kitchen personnel.
- Increased the volume of customer complaints by more than 20 percent.
- Reduced the number of mistakes on guest orders by more than 10 percent.
- Raised the overall net income of all outlets by over 15 percent.
- Won local award for exceptional performance as Assistant Food & Beverage Manager; increased efficiencies within the department while improving staff morale.
Assistant Food and Beverage Manager Resume Sample 4
- Responsible for ensuring that the quality of food and beverage exceeds that which was determined by a senior manager for a five-star hotel.
- Performed daily inspections of all items to be served in the restaurant, commencing at 2:00 pm and ending at 11:00 pm.
- Recommended additional training to the Food & Beverage Manager to ensure continuing customer service excellence.
- Taught other co-workers how to identify unsafe practices in food handling and recommended additional training courses from the Hospitality Institute, Ltd., for professional development.
- Performed required duties in a timely manner.
Assistant Food and Beverage Manager Resume Sample 5
- Researched new product lines, menu items, and recommendations for food trends.
- Recognized for excellence in cost control. Recognized for excellence in achieving operational goals by exceeding minimum requirements.
- Committed to obtaining bulk orders of food items at wholesale prices while maintaining an acceptable profit margin.
- Recognized for exceptional service by meeting customer expectations while maintaining quality standards under tight budget constraints.
- Complemented sales staff’s sales results through product knowledge and exceptional customer service by resolving customers’ needs promptly while maintaining a positive attitude towards customers’ needs.
Assistant Food and Beverage Manager Resume Sample 6
- Served as an assistant to the Assistant Manager; excelled in accuracy and timeliness; contributed to the smooth operation of the beverage station by keeping up with order/inventory, cleaning equipment, and other related responsibilities.
- Successfully completed all other tasks required for Assistant Manager, which included training on copiers, computer technology, and creating pull sheets to documents.
- Received outstanding quality award; demonstrated leadership skills during business meetings regarding time management.
- Ensured food orders were accurately filled both at the main branches and catering establishments.
Assistant Food and Beverage Manager Resume Sample 7
- Streamlined the beverage program by eliminating high-cost items and purchasing a new beverage dispenser that significantly reduced labor costs.
- Reduced food cost percentages by instituting a more competitive pricing structure while increasing sales by 5 percent.
- Trained staff to educate guests on how to create healthier meals; helped reduce the number of food-borne illnesses in the restaurant.
- Increased catering revenues by 50 percent; received an award for the best location in Food and Beverage.
- Suggested several improvements in kitchen equipment; assisted Executive Chef with the preparation of recipes for an upcoming Food and Wine feature in Food and Beverage Management magazine.
Assistant Food and Beverage Manager Resume Sample 8
- Established a stellar work ethic and positive attitude, while successfully managing a team of 4 servers.
- Achieved a top pay grade for this position; completed work in a timely manner.
- Accomplished multiple tasks on-the-fly, while maintaining steady customer service.
- Presented the perfect candidate to the manager for this position; successfully facilitated the hiring of 2 individuals as valued employees.
- Received employee appreciation award as an employee of the month; successfully presented company incentive awards to see positive results from the rewards program.
Assistant Food and Beverage Manager Resume Sample 9
- Managed food and beverage staff; effectively trained and motivated kitchen and front-of-the-house employees as well as interacted with customers, resolving concerns.
- Earned recognition as Employee of the Month for providing outstanding service to customers.
- Received award for excellent guest relations; recognized by Regional Director for exceptional treatment of customers.
- Reorganized kitchen inventory system; reduced the number of lost items by nearly 50% during the initial 6 months of operation.
- Achieved award for productivity in the Pâtisserie Department; substantially increased sales in past 6 months while maintaining sanitation ratings above 99%.
Assistant Food and Beverage Manager Resume Sample 10
- Well-versed in beverage specials; developed promotional material for the restaurant based on the mood of the customers.
- Successfully processed credit card transactions with existing cash hold, ensuring that the orders were placed accurately.
- Maintained accurate count of inventory and cash receipts, ensuring that there were no cash shortages or sales discrepancies.
- Conducted regular meetings with management to keep them updated on sales volume trends.
- Assessed customer service needs for each customer visit, adapting to meet any needs throughout their stay at your establishment.
Assistant Food and Beverage Manager Resume Sample 11
- Organized, maintained, and cleaned the standard ingredients for various food items.
- Maintained the menu list of all new products and their menu prices.
- Selected food products for sale at cost through direct pricing or wholesale negotiation of the product manufacturer.
- Created coupon specials by keeping up to date with all new product releases either personally or through trade shows. Helped to place new products on the current menu; helped to create merchandising displays for retail outlets.
- Helped to write a business plan for a new location under a new franchise contract.
Assistant Food and Beverage Manager Resume Sample 12
- Recipient of the Hospitality Educator Award for outstanding support to our students and teachers.
- Developed a training program for new managers, leading to a reduction in customer complaints and an increase in employee satisfaction.
- Recognized as one of the highest producing assistants at company meetings; presided over top-producing banquet hall during the annual convention.
- Selected as Assistant of the Month by Hotel Manager; demonstrated outstanding leadership qualities and contributed significantly to achieving company’s goal of 80% occupancy and 20% profit during the summer travel season.
- Recognized by Managers Association for helping to maintain exemplary customer service and achieving an employee turnover rate below industry averages.
Assistant Food and Beverage Manager Resume Sample 13
- Accurately processed food orders and worked as a cashier, dishwasher, and grill cook.
- Achieved award from President for highest job performance rating from supervisors and peers; moved to the culinary department where she performed all tasks.
- Designed recipes to be best described as unique; designed menu; developed flavored vodkas (including berry vodka, cucumber vodka, chocolate vodka, vanilla vodka, wintergreen vodka, and elderberry).
- Recovered alcohol that had been incorrectly stored in the walk-in cooler; contacted outside vendors for alcohol that were never inventoried.
- Achieved award for highest quality rating from customers; obtained award for best customer service rating.
Assistant Food and Beverage Manager Resume Sample 14
- Organized, scheduled, and trained new employees in regards to their position.
- Handled customer complaints and requests for assistance.
- Ended the year on a high note by achieving a 3% increase in overall customer satisfaction.
- Supported a smooth transition between shifts, resulting in a more positive work environment.
- Assisted with managing inventory to achieve cost savings on food products that exceeded the goal by over 20%.
A bachelor’s degree isn’t required, but preferred, however a high school diploma and experience in the food industry should suffice. An Assistant Manager should have a positive outlook with strong communication, customer service, decision-making, problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.