Executive Secretaries are responsible for overseeing office duties and providing support to management. Top skills for this role include administrative support, secretarial experience, multi-tasking abilities, computer software proficiency (particularly Microsoft Office Suite), strong typing abilities, excellent customer service, problem-solving capabilities, interpersonal skills, sales capabilities (to analyze sales reports or use persuasive techniques to convince customers), and supervisory skills. An associate degree is generally required for these positions.
The Best Executive Secretary Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Executive Secretary resumes for your reference.
- Remarkable knowledge of the organization, punctuation, and composition of business letters, reports, and charts.
- Prepared meeting agendas, and internal and external correspondence.
- Coordinated official travel arrangements, reserved conference rooms, managed meetings, travel calendar.
- Updated and organized commitments and appointments for the Deputy Commissioner, Assistant Commissioner, and Director.
- Adhered to strict confidentiality, professionalism, and ethics in business relations with all departments despite criticism from peers due to high standards.
- Reach out to performers or organizations outside of UCLA through email to coordinate collaboration.
- Assemble weekly digital newsletters to send to over 1200 subscribers of UCLA.
- Co-create meeting agenda with other Executive Board members for an efficient and productive meeting.
- Transcribe meeting discussions to allow succinct review for Committee Leaders.
- Resolve occasional issues with other organizational representatives through personal communication.
- Organize and maintain student records electronically and using a filing system.
- Collaborate with the Office Assistant to answer phones, greet visitors, and coordinate communication and messages appropriately.
- Utilize Microsoft Outlook to schedule meetings between parents and school staff members when requested.
- Communicate with parents regarding school events, meetings, and expectations.
- Recorded and transcribed over 200 memos, reports, and video conferences for the President of a multi-billion dollar corporation.
- Answers telephone or other incoming calls, screens calls, answers departments specific questions when possible, takes messages and/or directs call to appropriate personnel.
- Receives incoming communications (mail, e-mail, text, reports, etc.) sorts, prioritizes, and delivers to appropriate personnel in timely manner with attention to sensitivity/confidentiality.
- Performs administrative functions specific to the areas supported which include financial functions (cash collection, accounting, balancing accounts/budgets) coordination of activities of outside vendors/companies, and event planning.
- Creates, updates, and maintains the departmental database, executes or oversees data entry functions.
- Received promotion to temporary Executive Assistant after exceeding professional expectations for five consecutive months.
- Scheduled appointments and reminded NAACP members of upcoming meetings and appointment dates.
- Signed up new members for membership and handled monetary payment for membership fee.
- Emailed and updated members and other important individuals about upcoming events and notices.
- Jovially interacted with clients and personnel throughout the company using personal charm despite limited supervisory experience.
- Established a positive reputation with top management by efficiently and effectively communicating personally sensitive information throughout the building.
- Assisted the Vice President of The Nationwide Academy and four directors with administrative duties.
- Managed executive’s regular and electronic mail that included: responded when urgent, redirected mail to appropriate staff members, and maintained follow-up system on action mail by phone or memo.
- Maintained executive’s calendar that included: scheduled meetings and conference rooms, prepared and sequenced agendas, planned lunch, and dinner arrangements, selected menus, and secured audiovisual equipment.
- Compiled information from a variety of sources to prepare standard and ad hoc reports.
- Surrendered project of 6-8 hours a day, 5 days a week for 3 months. Maintained and managed the time of 14 different staff members. Cleaned and organized office workspace.
- Project Management on various internal and external assignments for Departmental Agenda and Visibility.
- Assist Education Coordinator in creation, proofing and editing of training curriculum for both members and staff.
- Coordinate with Administrative Coordinator the handling of all financial reporting, accounts receivable and payable, coordinate with prominent organizations regarding our membership, and facilitate on-site coordination of training on and off-site.
- Generate and edit analytical and program progress reports for the department director and education coordinators.
- Assisted to reduce the number of people requiring mail on Mondays; personally delivered mail Monday through Friday, three times per week from offices within a 10-mile radius.
- Preparing, registering patients’ written communications for faculty, nurses, staff, and Doctors.
- Coordinate office activities to support other administrative areas, such as the OPD lab.
- Greeting patients to complete documents, and forms, such insurance forms, registration forms, etc.
- Maintained and maintained an active Facebook page for our company for three years (updated 4 times per month).
- Delegated additional responsibilities within the department; thus not able to complete all tasks by deadline.
- Answering the phones, respond to general questions from clients and suppliers, writing messages, and transferring calls.
- Organizing the project and office files including payroll documents, project billing summaries, worker’s compensation documents, blueprints, contracts and supplier invoices.
- Updates and keeps track of the cost of building materials and labor for each project.
- They may also assist project managers by updating the information needed to create proposals and budget reports.
- Accomplished a 20% increase in production by reorganizing files and implementing procedures to reduce backlogs and unnecessary paperwork.
- Worked for the Pastoral Care Minister on all aspects of the Church’s pastoral care and outreach.
- Responsible for correspondence and relevant notifications to Church Committee members.
- Scheduled and arranged catering and floral orders for Church events.
- Worked closely with Church Committee members on miscellaneous Church services and events.
- Reduced product defects and related service costs by 35% while increasing employee morale.
- Coordinated executive and senior management domestic and international business travel and day-to-day meetings on weekly basis.
- Planned office parties and special events; i.e. the annual Holiday party with a budget of $30,000.
- Maintained petty cash for $1,000 for the financial reporting department consisting of 25 employees.
- Collaborated with other administrative team members, human resources and the finance department on special projects and events.
- Won a special commendation for efficiency; saved the company $500,000 through increased output, streamlined procedures, and reduced paperwork.
- Liaise with members to regularly gather data about the industry assimilate the same and present it to the Managing Committee.
- Maintaining the confidentiality of the data wherever required and getting approved from the Management Committee before presenting it to the Press, media or any external agency.
- Responsible for preparing, editing and publishing the Association’s Directories/Newsletters at periodical intervals.
- Independently handling Secretarial functions, Drafting letters, Correspondence, Travel arrangements and General Office Administration.
- Acted as the liaison between executives, customers, employees, and vendors to ensure efficient communication.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.