Executive Secretaries are responsible for overseeing office duties and providing support to management. Top skills for this role include administrative support, secretarial experience, multi-tasking abilities, computer software proficiency (particularly Microsoft Office Suite), strong typing abilities, excellent customer service, problem-solving capabilities, interpersonal skills, sales capabilities (to analyze sales reports or use persuasive techniques to convince customers), and supervisory skills. An associate degree is generally required for these positions.
The Best Executive Secretary Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Executive Secretary resumes for your reference.
- Remarkable knowledge of the organization, punctuation and composition of business letters, reports, and charts.
- Prepared meeting agendas, and internal and external correspondence.
- Coordinated official travel arrangements, reserved conference rooms, managed meetings, travel calendar.
- Updated and organized commitments and appointments for the Deputy Commissioner, Assistant Commissioner, and Director.
- Reach out to performers or organizations outside of UCLA through email to coordinate collaboration.
- Assemble weekly digital newsletters to send to over 1200 subscribers of UCLA.
- Co-create meeting agenda with other Executive Board members for efficient and productive meeting.
- Transcribe meeting discussions to allow succinct review for Committee Leaders.
- Resolve occasional issues with other organizational representatives through personal communication.
- Organize and maintain student records electronically and using filing system.
- Collaborate with the Office Assistant to answer phones, greet visitors and coordinate communication and messages appropriately.
- Utilize Microsoft Outlook to schedule meetings between parents and school staff members when requested.
- Communicate with parents regarding school events, meetings and expectations.
- Answers telephone or other incoming calls, screens calls, answers departments specific questions when possible, takes messages and/or directs call to appropriate personnel.
- Receives incoming communications (mail, e-mail, text, reports, etc.) sorts, prioritizes, and delivers to appropriate personnel in timely manner with attention to sensitivity/confidentiality.
- Performs administrative functions specific to the areas supported which include financial functions (cash collection, accounting, balancing accounts/budgets) coordination of activities of outside vendors/companies, and event planning.
- Creates, updates, and maintains departmental data base, execute or oversee data entry functions.
- Scheduled appointments and reminded NAACP members of upcoming meetings and appointment dates.
- Signed up new members for membership and handled monetary payment for membership fee.
- Emailed and updated members and other important individuals about upcoming events and notices.
- Assisted the Vice President of The Nationwide Academy and four directors with administrative duties.
- Managed executive’s regular and electronic mail that included: responded when urgent, redirected mail to appropriate staff members, and maintained follow-up system on action mail by phone or memo.
- Maintained executive’s calendar that included: scheduled meetings and conference rooms, prepared and sequenced agendas, planned lunch and dinner arrangements, selected menus, and secured audio visual equipment.
- Compiled information from a variety of sources to prepare standard and ad hoc reports.
- Project Management on various internal and external assignments for Departmental Agenda and Visibility.
- Assist Education Coordinator in creation, proofing and editing of training curriculum for both members and staff.
- Coordinate with Administrative Coordinator the handling of all financial reporting, accounts receivable and payable, coordinate with prominent organizations regarding our membership and facilitate on-site coordination of training on and off site.
- Generate and edit analytical and program progress reports for the department director and education coordinators.
- Preparing, registering patients written communications for faculty, nurses, staff, and Doctors.
- Coordinate office activities to support other administrative areas, such as the OPD lab.
- Greeting patients to complete documents, and forms, such insurance forms, registration forms, etc.
- Answering the phones, respond to general questions from clients and suppliers, write messages and transfer calls.
- Organizing the project and office files including payroll documents, project billing summaries, worker’s compensation documents, blueprints, contracts and supplier invoices.
- Updates and keep track of the cost of building materials and labor for each project.
- They may also assist project managers by updating the information needed to create proposals and budget reports.
- Worked for the Pastoral Care Minister on all aspects of the Church’s pastoral care and outreach.
- Responsible for correspondence and relevant notifications to Church Committee members.
- Scheduled and arranged catering and floral orders for Church events.
- Worked closely with Church Committee members on miscellaneous Church services and events.
- Coordinated executive and senior management domestic and international business travel and day-to-day meetings on weekly basis.
- Planned office parties and special events; i.e. the annual Holiday party with a budget of $30,000.
- Maintained petty cash for $1,000 for the financial reporting department consisting of 25 employees.
- Collaborated with other administrative team members, human resources and the finance department on special projects and events.
- Liaise with members to regularly gather data about the industry assimilate the same and present it to the Managing Committee.
- Maintaining the confidentiality of the data wherever required and getting approved from the Management Committee before presenting it to the Press, media or any external agency.
- Responsible for preparing, editing and publishing the Association’s Directories/Newsletters at periodical intervals.
- Independently handling Secretarial functions, Drafting letters, Correspondence, Travel arrangements and General Office Administration.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.