Assistant Accounts work in a companies accounting department and assistant senior staff by completing routine financial entry and processing entry level accounting tasks. Their duties include updating financial records, processing invoices, billing clients, filing of records, printing reports, and phone work.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Assistant Accountant Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Assistant Accountant resumes for your reference.
Assistant Accountant Resume Sample 1
- Effectively handled a workload that exceeded my own.
- Met all deadlines while managing a high level of stress and pressure from management due to the downsizing of the department.
- Complemented the efforts of my supervisor while being responsible for additional clerical tasks related to filings with state and federal agencies.
- Received bonus for outstanding performance in a team setting. In this capacity, I organized monthly meetings, updated agendas, maintained minutes, mailed correspondence, ordered supplies, and assisted in social functions before the company was acquired by a larger corporation.
- Received outstanding quality award; provided excellent customer service with promptness and prompt responses to customer inquiries.
Assistant Accountant Resume Sample 2
- Friendly and diligent example to all staff of continuous strong work ethic. Employed an open door policy of accessibility to direct reports, creating a more productive learning environment.
- Adhered to the strict procedure for documentation of financial transactions, adhering to AICPA rules and procedures.
- Worked with compliance officers and management teams on special projects which improved company compliance with government regulations while providing a more positive working environment for employees.
- Shortened audit timeline by two months due to the use of a new software program which reduced the need for tedious manual data entry from previous years’ audit reports.
- Recognized by the Internal Revenue Service for exceeding all income tax audit time guidelines.
Assistant Accountant Resume Sample 3
- Accurately maintained and filed financial records; completed required tax forms in a timely manner.
- Participated in the preparation and filing of all accounting and auditing documents.
- Effectively conducted various audits for corporate procedures and financial practices.
- Researched and analyzed detailed issues, assumptions, and methods in financial accounting, to ensure solutions were well-founded.
- Completed multiple detailed audit reports to ensure compliance with pre-determined standards of financial control.
Assistant Accountant Resume Sample 4
- Oversaw the preparation and filing of an inventory and financial reports for a large property management firm.
- Prepared wholesale sales invoices, property sales transactions, and general ledger entries.
- Approved monthly cash receipts by bank transfers; totaled monthly cash deposits; filed A/R, A/P, and G/L reconciliations.
- Performed payroll reconciliation of payroll bank deposits with periodic job slips, performed daily checking of petty cash expense record postings.
- Transferred funds between checking accounts using a manual spreadsheet program. Hired to manage a small accounting firm .
Assistant Accountant Resume Sample 5
- Effectively implemented accounting principles, practices, and procedures within the departments of a public utility.
- Skillfully reconciled financial statements with GAAP reporting to eliminate discrepancies.
- Quickly mastered account reconciliations for balance sheet positions and variance analyses.
- Restructured departmental accounting operations with greater accuracy, efficiency, and profitability.
- Achieved maximum productivity output due to streamlined internal financial procedures.
Assistant Accountant Resume Sample 6
- Established monthly cash flow forecast and budget by recording monthly revenue and expense accounts.
- Performed monthly monitoring of income and expenses, including petty cash operations.
- Gave confidential advice to the general counsel on special tax issues that needed to be resolved.
- Accurately tabulated historical data from 10 years of business operations for financial reports.
- Accurately reconciled personal bank records with financial records for a 3-year audit period.
Assistant Accountant Resume Sample 7
- Determined tax liability and filing requirements for businesses and individuals in accordance with the United States and State tax laws.
- Planned and organized an accounting system to ensure accuracy, security, and confidentiality of the company’s financial records.
- Calculated debits and credits for company’s monthly books; reviewed system controls; easily navigated between General Ledger, GL Reconciliation, AR System, AP System, Bank Statement Reports, Trial Balance reports.
- Achieved award for superior productivity; completed all tasks and projects with 100% accuracy and received no customer complaints or inquiries (no issues!).
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively compiled data relating to compliance audits.
Assistant Accountant Resume Sample 8
- Performed audit, review, and compilation work for the City of Los Angeles.
- Received letter of appreciation for saving County $10,000 in uncollected fees.
- Recommended strategies to increase the value of the company by $100,000 per year.
- Increased corporate profitability and lowered corporate costs by negotiating favorable vendor rates.
- Achieved Office of the Year Award; effectively streamlined procedures and increased revenues for my employer.
Assistant Accountant Resume Sample 9
- Increased competitive market share by 20% after ensuring quality control procedures were established and effectively implemented.
- Decreased labor costs while increasing opportunities for advancement through the development of training programs to assist employees in achieving high-performance levels.
- Streamlined accounts payable process; decreased lost revenue due to late payments by establishing an electronic fund transfer system to pay suppliers within two days of receiving invoices instead of three weeks.
- Produced accounts receivable reports for management while maintaining the highest level of professionalism, confidentiality, and accuracy; established personal rapport with clients by providing them with information that allowed them to make informed decisions about changes in credit terms.
- Developed effective systems for accounting processing; reduced cycle time by 40%, reduced labor costs, and increased revenue by 25%.
Assistant Accountant Resume Sample 10
- Handled assigned project tasks in a timely and accurate manner.
- Demonstrated excellence in supporting external and internal audits; reviewed financial data to determine the risk of audit discrepancies, while implementing controls to improve efficiency.
- Managed assigned payroll through post-processing reviews.
- Assisted others with the review of a variety of problems or issues, based on my extensive experience with firm policies and regulations.
- Achieved 100% compliance with regulations on all corporate travel.
Assistant Accountant Resume Sample 11
- Enhanced supervisory quality by maintaining the company’s database procedures.
- Planned, implemented, and maintained time management of accounts payable procedures.
- Achieved recognition for managing new accounts receivable system; redesigned the new system to be more efficient.
- Fostered teamwork and cooperative attitudes by participating in departmental incentive programs.
- Recognized for leading a team of six during the auditing of the company’s 10 largest accounts receivable.
Assistant Accountant Resume Sample 12
- Collaborated with the Internal Audit Coordinator to establish a financial audit policy and procedure manual.
- Collected and analyzed financial data for over 800 clients.
- Identified areas for improving management controls, including corporate income tax returns, loan processing, mortgage lending department procedures, and financial reporting process.
- Converted eight-month accounting internship into a full-time professional position in six months.
- Provided direction to two college interns while simultaneously performing a full-time accounting role at one of the nation’s top real estate investment companies.
Assistant Accountant Resume Sample 13
- Worked in the Accounts Receivable department at X Company, where I mastered the following skills: processing invoices, posting to the general ledger, computer entry of data, balancing accounts, maintaining customer databases.
- Maintained 100% accuracy in processing all invoices for one month.
- Handled over 1000 claims per day during X Company’s fraud investigation.
- Reduced fraud by 14% through fraud awareness seminars that I organized and conducted.
- Made a recommendation which took X Company from a failing company to a top 5% of large companies for personal productivity.
Assistant Accountant Resume Sample 14
- Handled daily accounting requirements in a busy public accounting firm.
- Performed timely and accurate reconciliations of accounts payable and receivable.
- Completed assigned projects to the satisfaction of the Partners (CPAs).
- Assisted partners in the preparation of tax returns; prepared summaries, schedules, forms, and correspondence.
- Received compliment from the manager for exemplary performance; recognized by partners for excellence in meeting client needs and expectations.
Assistant Accountant Resume Sample 15
- Maintained accurate financial records for $7 million, annual budget projects.
- Segregated duties by posting expenses, revenues, and disbursements on journals and ledgers.
- Implemented a new accounting system, including developing computerized accounting reports for management decisions.
- Initiated monthly bank reconciliation procedures; reviewed daily deposit slips for accuracy.
- Progressed to a higher level of learning by training with expert accountants; learned the skills of double-entry bookkeeping principles and corporate financial structures.
To work as an Assistant Account you must at minimum have a High school Diploma or equivalence, experience in a financial institution, and a Bachelor’s Degree in accounting may be required. Assistant Accountants must be comfortable with MS Excel or accounting software, be able to handle a large volume of documents, proficiency in mathematics, be independent workers, detail oriented, and have strong communication skills, and excellent time management.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Assistant Accountant Resume Samples
- Assistant Accountant Resume Sample 1
- Assistant Accountant Resume Sample 2
- Assistant Accountant Resume Sample 3
- Assistant Accountant Resume Sample 4
- Assistant Accountant Resume Sample 5
- Assistant Accountant Resume Sample 6
- Assistant Accountant Resume Sample 7
- Assistant Accountant Resume Sample 8
- Assistant Accountant Resume Sample 9
- Assistant Accountant Resume Sample 10
- Assistant Accountant Resume Sample 11
- Assistant Accountant Resume Sample 12
- Assistant Accountant Resume Sample 13
- Assistant Accountant Resume Sample 14
- Assistant Accountant Resume Sample 15
- Wrap Up