A car washer clean the outside and inside of vehicles. A car washer’s responsibilities include greeting consumers, applying soap to vehicle exterior, scrubbing tires, using sponges to wipe exterior, rinsing the vehicle properly, drying the vehicle, vacuuming the interior, and shampooing the interior.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Car Washer Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Car Washer resumes for your reference.
Car Washer Resume Sample 1
- Hand washed, polished, and waxed cars in preparation for weekly painting; ensured quality completion of an additional five vehicles through effective multi-tasking and the utilization of proper washing procedures.
- Determined and noted necessary repairs, replaced damaged fenders, and installed new tires.
- Cleaned interiors by vacuuming and shampooing carpets at least once every three months; completed interior detailing on an average of eight cars every week.
- Resolve customer discrepancies in a timely manner; maintained a high customer satisfaction rating with over 80 percent repeat business.
- Recommended service upgrades to increase sales.
Car Washer Resume Sample 2
- Cleaned the inside and outside of the cars; washed window cracks; polished wheel and trim; vacuumed the cars; folded one car’s rear seatback.
- Washed 19 cars.
- Washed and waxed 20,000 dollars of cars.
- Washed and waxed a 1988 Cadillac El Dorado.
- Washed 6,000 dollars of cars.
Car Washer Resume Sample 3
- Worked at Walmart for 1 year; named cashier of the month for the first and last quarters.
- Attended COSI and earned a Red Cross level 1 certification. Responsible for teaching and assisting students in lifesaving skills such as CPR and AED.
- Gave a speech at National Day Apartments on addiction, self-esteem, and goal setting. Presented at Cleveland Public Library about overcoming adversity.
- Tutored classmates in Algebra 2 during lunch periods; helped two students earn As on the final exam after helping them throughout the semester.
- Received an award for outstanding service.
Car Washer Resume Sample 4
- Communicated with customers regarding their vehicles, to determine the repair priorities. Kept the car washed and lubricated while the customer waited; other drivers would not touch their cars. The drivers were angry when they arrived at their destination and found that their car was not cleaned.
- Produced several calendars for my boss; designed flyers for a special event (Christmas/New Year’s).
- Delivered a special holiday gift basket to an elderly couple who had been in my office talking about Christmas for several days. The gift basket contained Christmas decorations and a wooden sign stating, “You Are My Christmas Miracle.”
- Collected mail during the day and sorted it in the morning; collected mail at night and sorted it; organized papers in my desk drawers.
- Gave my boss a bonus for exceptional customer service and conducting himself with professionalism.
Car Washer Resume Sample 5
- Completed a full detail; effectively washed and waxed the entire exterior to remove mildew, dirt, and stains.
- Polished chrome; removed rust, dust, and oxidation.
- Stripped off old paint using a power buffer.
- Repaired wheel wells using epoxy, fiberglass cloth, and resin.
- Shined glass; polished glass fenders, bumpers, light lenses, and windshields without scratching or smearing the glass.
Car Washer Resume Sample 6
- Developed, presented, and implemented an employee recognition award program.
- Identified and implemented cost-cutting measures that resulted in an annual savings of $9.5 million.
- Notified manager of labor relations department when key employees were selectively targeted for termination by a rival company.
- Assisted in transitioning the company to the newly public stock offering, earning the CEO’s “Top Contributor” award for quality control improvement and vision leading to significant growth.
- Received an outstanding leadership award from the president of the International Association of Machinists; identified as one of three members instrumental in organizing a strike resulting in union recognition after more than 31 years without one.
Car Washer Resume Sample 7
- Handled all customer concerns, participated in cheerful greeting. Excellent telephone etiquette and clerical skills gained trust and respect for my work ethic.
- Received special recognition from customers for always following through on their vehicle wash orders.
- Provided great customer service; always greeted customers with a smile while listening to their needs. Gave them the option of regular or express car washes.
- Maintained a clean work environment; arranged equipment and supplies according to OSHA standards thus keeping the workplace neat and organized at all times.
- Received award for great customer service and was referred to as a “closer”.
Car Washer Resume Sample 8
- Increased revenue by 15% from a previous month; recognized by the General Manager for exceptional performance.
- Recruited for, and successfully completed internships at car dealerships.
- Aided in the opening of two new car washes; trained new employees in daily operations related to job duties and responsibilities.
- Received “Employee of the Month” award in May 2010; recognized by managers and peers as an employee who exceeded expectations while providing outstanding customer service.
- Streamlined billing operations with a new software program; saved the company more than $5,000 in the first six months after implementation.
Car Washer Resume Sample 9
- Operated a commercial vehicle wash and dry auto detailing facility for five years; managed a staff of nine car washers.
- Scheduled workers to meet the demands of rush hour customers; effectively trained car washers on proper equipment usage and used time management to maximize equipment utilization.
- Coordinated with transportation companies to properly transport cars from customers’ premises to commercial facilities; scheduled employees work shifts that met the needs of the transportation company.
- Received commendation letter from transportation company’s owner for exemplary efforts; established positive relationships within the industry.
- Received award for “Attending to Detail” at annual meeting; demonstrated ability to provide high quality service despite limited resources.
Car Washer Resume Sample 10
- Cleaned cars in a timely manner; efficiently completed procedures required for completion of washing.
- Performed operational duties such as inventory control, and work scheduling/calendar creation.
- Achieved outstanding quality award; completed tasks accurately and efficiently.
- Earned award for running a car wash in the time allotted.
- Receive appreciation from customers who referred the business to family and friends.
Car Washer Resume Sample 11
- Achieved award for meeting customer satisfaction guidelines according to a survey conducted by management.
- Achieved outstanding quality award according to a survey of customers who had applied for a loan.
- Recognized by Store Manager for exceptional performance on attending meetings and tasks within schedule.
- Received excellent quality award; provided exceptional customer service as demonstrated through positive surveys of customers who had applied for a loan or service.
- Achieved award for meeting customer satisfaction guidelines from customers who had applied for a loan.
Car Washer Resume Sample 12
- Cleansed cars, trucks, and vans for customers for 1 year. Independently walked automobiles and washed windows in a professional manner to customers’ satisfaction, according to customer’s instructions.
- Maintained a professional appearance, including wearing a clean white shirt and dark pants at all times.
- Achieved award for exceeding expected showroom service performance guidelines; effectively offered recommendations to customers who requested services not covered by banks’ loan servicing guidelines.
- Effective at maintaining a professional appearance in an office environment as well as P&K’s Brick During Business Hours automotive shop.
- Received above-average recognition for providing services to customers, including washing the interior of customers’ automobiles to a professional standard using environmentally friendly products in a safe manner.
Car Washer Resume Sample 13
- Noted for my work ethic, positive attitude, and for the care, I take in washing vehicles.
- Received quality award for consistent performance of cleaning vehicles to ensure the vehicles are clean and shiny; note that this was given during my first year as a car washer.
- Certified in pet hair removal; used this skill to clean a vehicle with a pet that was brought in by its owner who had been unable to remove the pet hair from interior carpeting.
- Received recognition award as Outstanding Car Washer of the month; consistently stayed within budget while completing work in a timely manner.
- Provided great customer service; interacted with customers by greeting them, offering a ticket for service to wait, and upon completing the vehicle’s cleaning, provided them an invoice for payment.
To become a car washer, prior experience in car washing or similar occupations are preferred. A car washer must have great stamina, must work well with hands, must be able to work in inclement conditions, must be able to work independently or in a team, must be detail-oriented, must have excellent time management skills, and must have excellent interpersonal skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.