Pipe Insulators are responsible for applying insulating materials to pipes, ducts, turbines, boilers, tanks, and others to maintain temperature. Their duties include inspecting the objects that need to be insulated, determining which insulator type to use, measuring and cutting the insulator in various forms, covering insulations, and following safety guidelines.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Pipe Insulator Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Pipe Insulator resumes for your reference.
Pipe Insulator Resume Sample 1
- Mentored two new apprentices who were promoted to journeyman insulator.
- Completed projects on time and within budget which included high rise and steel frame construction.
- Achieved award for outstanding quality; maintained a high level of productivity while thoroughly checking the supports before welding them in place.
- Highly skilled at reading blue prints to correctly determine union specifications, post schedule and perform calculations.
- Earned the honor of receiving an outstanding performance award from the FIFO (Four Diamonds) Award Committee after accumulating over $500,000 in labor expenditures without incurring any damages to properties or equipment during my time as a pipe insulator.
Pipe Insulator Resume Sample 2
- Inspected and identified workmanship defects with an infrared camera; verified manufacturer specifications for tile installation during pre-drywall inspections.
- Completed state required pipe insulation certification.
- Proactively communicated with management regarding pipe insulation; increased safety by releasing pipe pressure prior to removal.
- Successfully completed a job inspection; verified meeting of applicable construction standards, including flame retardant pipe insulation.
- Achieved fine ratio of 0%; accurately trained and monitored employees on proper steel frame construction procedures, including SFI certification requirements.
Pipe Insulator Resume Sample 3
- Earned performance award by demonstrating a degree of professionalism, time management, and attention to detail while providing oral and written reports to HOA/DPW regarding pipe and cable applications.
- Performed analytical tasks involving calculation of force-to-break, bending strength, strains and pressures; implemented new procedures for calculating tensioning forces.
- Provided oral and written reports to HOA/DPW regarding utility services; developed new methods for testing pipes for long term corrosion protection.
- Effectively managed a five-person crew during heavy construction periods; supervised safety equipment installation procedures.
- Effectively coordinated the performance of multiple tasks; supervised safety equipment installation procedures and conducted multiple inspections to ensure compliance with HOA/DPW specifications.
Pipe Insulator Resume Sample 4
- Identified issues relating to pipe insulation, and effectively repaired issues within a timely manner.
- Trained team members in identifying and repairing issues relating to the insulation of pipes.
- Eliminated the high cost of repairs by extending the life of materials that could have otherwise been removed due to damage.
- Recognized by company for providing innovative ideas in improving business operations.
- Pursued interest in pipe insulator business while being employed; created multiple opportunities for advancement of company’s customers and employees.
Pipe Insulator Resume Sample 5
- Assisted with the installation of a $70 million dollar insulation piping system.
- Became a certified pipewelder after completing the necessary apprenticeship program for pipe shops; saved company thousands of dollars by performing a job so quickly that no replacement was needed.
- Recognized for outstanding quality; thoroughly cleaned equipment to maintain an optimal working environment.
- Quickly resolved an issue with damaged piping, thereby allowing the continuation of eight million dollar project.
- Solved construction issue by recognizing problem with foundation and implementing solution to resolve problem without further delay in project.
Pipe Insulator Resume Sample 6
- In 30 days, maintained complete inventory of supplies. Helped instate a new computerized tracking system.
- Reduced costs by auditing insurance coverage and reducing duplicate policies; documented savings of $88,000 annually.
- Discovered potential health hazard; alerted management; work site was inspected and the problem was resolved.
- Dispatched service trucks to correct damages during rainstorms and prevented property damage.
- Achieved safety award for rigorous adherence to safety guidelines.
Pipe Insulator Resume Sample 7
- Project Scheduler, February 22, 2007 – Present
- Directed the installation of multi-pipe grids, pipes and cross bracing systems in various stages of construction.
- Maintained noise and vibration monitoring equipment; reported findings to appropriate personnel.
- Performed leak checks on steel pipe systems and compressor station valves.
- Defined specific noise and vibration metrics for organization; developed an effective method for minimizing noise and vibration coming from drilling operations.
Pipe Insulator Resume Sample 8
- Achieved 25 years as an insulating pipe and tank man; on the job, observed proper inspection and maintenance procedures.
- Meet OSHA, MSHA, EPA, NIOSH guidelines for handling asbestos and lead paints; trained other employees in the safe use of a variety of tools.
- Outstanding leadership skills resulted in employee awards for “Best Quality Record,” “Best Safety Record,” and “Worker of the Month.”
- Met time schedule objectives by quickly removing roof sections in below zero weather conditions; demonstrated safety precautions to others.
- Supervised work crews to remove walls during demolition projects; planned ahead to ensure customers were not inconvenienced by delays.
Pipe Insulator Resume Sample 9
- Achieved an award for outstanding work performance.
- One of top 12 workers; facilitated a creative solution that saved the city $180,000 from non-mandatory overtime pay to avoid the hardship of unemployment insurance.
- Awarded as employee of the month.
- Received award from union for superior personal productiveness. Identified an alternative method to save costs and encourage optimization in levels of effort, time and money with current employees.
- Awarded at the regional level as an outstanding member of the team that increased productivity by 50%.
Pipe Insulator Resume Sample 10
- Perfected skills of cutting, welding, and soldering in order to install pipe insulation systems to meet the needs of clients.
- Completed projects on time; effectively constructed building and assembly line cabling systems for clients.
- Diligently adhered to safety guidelines and utilized complex equipment.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively complied with foreign trade regulations regarding the export/import of goods/services.
Pipe Insulator Resume Sample 11
- Redirected pipeline flow to avoid severe damage to customer’s property.
- Cut and installed new pipe, reworked valves, tested them, and provided certification of completion to customer.
- Maintained safe work environment by ensuring proper use of PPE (personal protection equipment) while on the job site; performed extensive research regarding required PPE for all jobsites and educated fellow employees.
- Participated in a special project team which targeted ways to decrease scrap rates; made process improvements resulting in a cost savings estimated at $500,000/year.
- Received award for outstanding performance; received $2000 contribution to retirement account; surpassed the customer satisfaction rate for all branch employees.
Pipe Insulator Resume Sample 12
- Successfully completed installation of containment systems for fiber optic cable and copper cable.
- Completed sewer installation job in less than eight hours; completed relocation of water pipes.
- Accomplished all work assignments on schedule, on time, and within Budget.
- Accomplished all work assignments on schedule, on time, and within Budget; demonstrated excellent negotiation skills with contractors during purchase of construction materials.
- Accomplished all work assignments on schedule, on time, and within Budget; dealt with irate customer during the purchase of construction materials.
Pipe Insulator Resume Sample 13
- Accomplished work in one day of a project.
- Appeared as a guest speaker and shared valuable information regarding the construction industry.
- Achieved attendance in 8-hour logbook training class.
- Achieved recognition for excellent attendance at company orientation; earned weekend off instead of working on weekends.
- Received award for overall on-time performance with the company; earned overtime pay instead of using time-and-a-half overtime rates.
Pipe Insulator Resume Sample 14
- Fluently read the blue prints and located problems, defects, and deficiencies.
- Completed all tasks promptly, resulting in minimal down time for the project.
- Achieved excellence award; compiled data and resolved concerns that delayed progress on the project.
- Developed a baseline for productivity; effectively identified defects affecting insulation quality.
- Effectively completed all tasks associated with the maintenance of tools and equipment to ensure productivity and safety on an active job site.
Pipe Insulator Resume Sample 15
- Assessed isolated electrical situations in residential, commercial and industrial sites and rerouted wiring to resolve power supply problems.
- Troubleshot structure of commercial and residential buildings to identify contact between different types of piping materials. Resolved problems related to water leaking through walls and ceilings.
- Assessed alternative energy sources, such as wind and solar power, on customer installations.
- Coordinated with real estate personnel on repairs relating to structures constructed by the company.
- Recommended changes in customer’s insulation needs, based on energy efficiency reports; directed customers on how to maintain their cooling systems.
To work as a Pipe Insulator a high school diploma is not required, but you need to have related work experience. Pipe Insulators must be able to work in narrow spaces, know how to operate hand tools, be able to stand, work on a ladder, be independent, and have strong verbal communication skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.