A corporate analyst works to improve the efficiency and profitability of a company by gathering and accessing data on profits and expenses. They do this to find new strategies to maximize profits, which they can do my communicating their finds to marketing or expenses in order to ensure that the most money is being made and saved in every department of the business.
How to Become a Successful Commercial Analyst?
Almost all positions will require a bachelor’s degree in business, finance, communications or something of a similar field. Others will require you to go further and get a master’s degree in these subjects.
The skills most employers are looking for are careful organization skills, attention to detail, and a strong ability to look at the big picture and analyze patterns to determine where problems may be starting so they can be solved.
Once you are hired, you will need to ensure you have solid communication skills as you will be working in groups and you will need to tell your superiors about your findings in an easy to understand manner so they can make recommended changes.
Keeping your attention to detail on the company finances will allow you to help profits grow and expenses shrink. Your company will want to see results in order for them to believe you are doing your job well.
Most important will be working with all available branches of your company to look for solutions, as a problem may be found in one department but not another and you need to have good detective skills to be able to find the issue and fix it.
The Best Commercial Analyst Resume Samples
These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Financial Analyst Objective resumes for your reference.
- Evaluated complex energy markets and industries to identify potential demand for gas supply across the full value chain.
- Assisted with project economics valuation work to assess risk and strategic value of gas-to-power development opportunities.
- Conducted analysis and modeling on target power and commodities markets to inform and implement marketing strategy.
- Participated with Senior Management team across transactions to complete RFPs, structure and negotiate contracts and deals.
- Presented investment thesis to raise equity funds for investment clubs including funding of $1.2M for a food company group with 10 establishments.
- Utilized Bloomberg terminals to develop daily and monthly reports for investors, business partners and potential clients, including macroeconomic, global, regional and “most-traded” commodities reports.
- Evaluated venture capital business for mergers and acquisitions, highlighting the most interesting ones that were shared with the team that analyzes business feasibility.
- Offer policy services, maintenance, and solutions to Account Manager/Producers and Clientele.
- Maintain client accounts on agency automation system Sagitta & ImageRight.
- Contact insured for latest data and obtain renewal information 120 days before renewal date.
- Routine servicing, billing, processing audits and maintenance of regular accounts, to complex additions and alterations of accounts and risk portfolios.
- Work with brokers and Offshore Marine companies to verify barge fuel consumption.
- Observe Inland and Offshore Marine Traffic Reports and update scheduler on barge positions.
- Create Inland and Offshore Marine movements in TSW.
- Communicate with Inspection Company contacts at relevant load and disport locations to track barge and product was received within designated window.
- Handled inventory control for the Southeastern part of the United States and the Colonial Pipeline Corridor.
- Facilitated documentation of truck deliveries and withdrawals from allocated tanks for Ethanol and Biodiesel.
- Assisted schedulers in maintaining proper inventory levels to ensure no run-outs occurred in location where sales could be completed.
- Negotiate well connects (POP contracts), prepare authorization for expenditures, contract amendments, accounting change forms, and communicate with producers on assigned gathering system.
- Headed special projects for Business Development including: spotting wells, analyzing historical and current production, analyzing decline rates, economics, contract analysis, well permitting, updating pipeline maps, force majeure, and preparing presentations for management.
- Analyze and monitor liquid balancing arrangements on pipelines and coordinate monthly settlements with Accounting Department.
- Analyze gas contracts of gathering assets and assist with renegotiating agreements with emphasis on expanding gross margins.
- Evaluated data through Stata, Rstudio programming, Sql, Sas, Hadoop, Spark, Python, and Excel to implement empirical methods such as time series forecasting, correlation and regression analysis.
- Summarized and communicated data results for business decision making through written and oral skills, increasing confidence and satisfaction of our clients as mentioned in feedback surveys.
- Collaborated with 5 product teams, investigating and identifying critical data to capture, interpret and cleanse in order to establish best business decision, enhancing the organization’s overall productivity.
- Updated and distributed crude information worksheets, completing Crude Snapshot and Forward Curve and sharing with the Crude Team for daily and monthly usage.
- Developed financial proposals and recommendations based upon inputs provided from Product Lines and other key project leaders.
- Engaged with Business Development Managers and Product Lines in order to extract and consolidate relevant data for tender submissions.
- Assisted with development of templates and checklists for business to launch standardized process for selection of customer tenders.
- Attended tender preparation meetings to gain commercial awareness to cost and price terms into Commercial model and customer proposals.
- Contacted current and prospective clients in Spanish to increase sale of product.
- Exported products, from getting quotes to providing documentation to ensuring delivery.
- Supervised store managers and merchandisers, as well as product placement in store.
- Completed all export documents/operations for olefins products to satisfy customer needs in USG region.
- Achieved positive relationships with clients and ensured all billing/credit payments were arranged.
- Assessed daily office procedures, budget planning, and instilled new sources to reduce costs.
- Estimated and prepared accurate pricing for subsea equipment and services resulting in final project budget, client partnerships and company profit.
- Analyzed equipment costing through Microsoft Excel budgetary spreadsheets, estimating software, SAP data, and presented information to senior management.
- Provided recommendations for all commercial aspects of the proposal process including project estimates over $50 million dollars, costing data trends and project cost opportunities.
- Managed 5 product launches across technology, operations and sales teams contributing to 140,000 net sales in 2016 worth $39 million in annual gross margin.
- Presented acquisition pricing strategy and business opportunities to CTO and Commercial Senior Vice President justifying $500,000 in capital expenditures leading to two new market entries and three innovative products with the benefit realization of $6 million incremental gross margin.
- Provided thought leadership and strategic guidance across multiple business functions as business manager of more than 185,000 customers.