A Commercial Analyst is responsible for assessing the economic environment and industry trends to determine where a product or service might be purchased. The top skills for this position are communication, organization, customer service, decision-making techniques, problem-solving techniques in order to address questions or concerns, and attention to detail. There is an educational requirement of at least an associate degree but employers may prefer a bachelor’s degree.
The Best Commercial Analyst Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Financial Analyst Objective resumes for your reference.
- Evaluated complex energy markets and industries to identify potential demand for gas supply across the full value chain.
- Assisted with project economics valuation work to assess risk and strategic value of gas-to-power development opportunities.
- Conducted analysis and modeling on target power and commodities markets to inform and implement marketing strategy.
- Participated with Senior Management team across transactions to complete RFPs, structure, and negotiate contracts and deals.
- Helped develop a program to nearly double the mailer response rate by increasing the number of repeat mailings and streamlining some procedures.
- Presented investment thesis to raise equity funds for investment clubs including funding of $1.2M for a food company group with 10 establishments.
- Utilized Bloomberg terminals to develop daily and monthly reports for investors, business partners, and potential clients, including macroeconomic, global, regional, and “most-traded” commodities reports.
- Evaluated venture capital business for mergers and acquisitions, highlighting the most interesting ones that were shared with the team that analyzes business feasibility.
- Increased data processing accuracy by standardizing methods and ensuring that processing follows established procedures.
- Served as liaison between manager, staff, and internal customers on a large-scale system upgrade; resolved all problems in record time.
- Offer policy services, maintenance, and solutions to Account Managers/Producers and Clientele.
- Maintain client accounts on agency automation system Sagitta & ImageRight.
- Contact insured for latest data and obtain renewal information 120 days before renewal date.
- Routine servicing, billing, processing audits, and maintenance of regular accounts, to complex additions and alterations of accounts and risk portfolios.
- Aided in developing alternative procedures that eliminated the need for re-keying information from source files into a new system; saved company $500,000 in one year alone.
- Work with brokers and Offshore Marine companies to verify barge fuel consumption.
- Observe Inland and Offshore Marine Traffic Reports and update scheduler on barge positions.
- Create Inland and Offshore Marine movements in TSW.
- Communicate with Inspection Company contacts at relevant load and disport locations to track barge and product was received within the designated window.
- Assisted department director to establish firm credibility with three major clients; strengthened client relations by establishing routine communication channels.
- Handled inventory control for the Southeastern part of the United States and the Colonial Pipeline Corridor.
- Facilitated documentation of truck deliveries and withdrawals from allocated tanks for Ethanol and Biodiesel.
- Assisted schedulers in maintaining proper inventory levels to ensure no run-outs occurred in locations where sales could be completed.
- Analyzed and organized data; scheduled, supervised, and directed office staff.
- Trained personnel on computerized billing systems, insurance billing systems, and Microsoft Word.
- Negotiate well connects (POP contracts), prepare authorization for expenditures, contract amendments, accounting change forms, and communicate with producers on assigned gathering system.
- Headed special projects for Business Development including spotting wells, analyzing historical and current production, analyzing decline rates, economics, contract analysis, well permitting, updating pipeline maps, force majeure, and preparing presentations for management.
- Analyze and monitor liquid balancing arrangements on pipelines and coordinate monthly settlements with Accounting Department.
- Analyze gas contracts of gathering assets and assist with renegotiating agreements with emphasis on expanding gross margins.
- Scheduled meetings with supervisors regarding payroll adjustments.
- Evaluated data through Stata, Rstudio programming, SQL, Sas, Hadoop, Spark, Python, and Excel to implement empirical methods such as time series forecasting, correlation, and regression analysis.
- Summarized and communicated data results for business decision-making through written and oral skills, increasing confidence and satisfaction of our clients as mentioned in feedback surveys.
- Collaborated with 5 product teams, investigating and identifying critical data to capture, interpret and cleanse in order to establish the best business decision, enhancing the organization’s overall productivity.
- Updated and distributed crude information worksheets, completing Crude Snapshot and Forward Curve and sharing with the Crude Team for daily and monthly usage.
- Prepared charts for the payroll department regarding employee numbers and average hours worked per week by position.
- Developed financial proposals and recommendations based upon inputs provided from Product Lines and other key project leaders.
- Engaged with Business Development Managers and Product Lines in order to extract and consolidate relevant data for tender submissions.
- Assisted with the development of templates and checklists for businesses to launch standardized processes for the selection of customer tenders.
- Attended tender preparation meetings to gain commercial awareness to cost and price terms into Commercial model and customer proposals.
- Helped a company implement a new scheduling system for employee absenteeism records.
- Contacted current and prospective clients in Spanish to increase the sale of products.
- Exported products, from getting quotes to providing documentation to ensuring delivery.
- Supervised store managers and merchandisers, as well as product placement in-store.
- Accomplished professional responsibilities, including coordinating the organization and efficiency of office activities, completing and submitting forms, reading correspondence and documents, maintaining files, and answering telephones.
- Fully evaluated meeting space requirements and provided administrative support for agency programs by providing first-rate customer service.
- Completed all export documents/operations for olefins products to satisfy customer needs in the USG region.
- Achieved positive relationships with clients and ensured all billing/credit payments were arranged.
- Assessed daily office procedures, budget planning, and instilled new sources to reduce costs.
- Processed filing for executive secretary’s staff as well as computerized data entry to provide timely services to hundreds of customers.
- Performed “on the scene” inspections of office equipment while attending school full-time at night.
- Estimated and prepared accurate pricing for subsea equipment and services resulting in the final project budget, client partnerships, and company profit.
- Analyzed equipment costing through Microsoft Excel budgetary spreadsheets, estimating software, SAP data, and presented information to senior management.
- Provided recommendations for all commercial aspects of the proposal process including project estimates over $50 million dollars, costing data trends, and project cost opportunities.
- Completed all tasks related to the setting up and operation of a new company mini-office machine system with special emphasis on safety precautions during implementation.
- Provided quality customer service to top-tier clients by adhering to the highest standards of honesty, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Managed 5 product launches across technology, operations, and sales teams contributing to 140,000 net sales in 2016 worth $39 million in annual gross margin.
- Presented acquisition pricing strategy and business opportunities to CTO and Commercial Senior Vice President justifying $500,000 in capital expenditures leading to two new market entries and three innovative products with the benefits realization of $6 million incremental gross margins.
- Provided thought leadership and strategic guidance across multiple business functions as business manager of more than 185,000 customers.
- Role model and mentor; provided training sessions to new employees on how to complete job tasks more efficiently.
- Time management strategies enabled me to meet deadlines in an efficient manner without compromising quality results.
How to Become a Successful Commercial Analyst?
Almost all positions will require a bachelor’s degree in business, finance, communications or something of a similar field. Others will require you to go further and get a master’s degree in these subjects.
The skills most employers are looking for are careful organization skills, attention to detail, and a strong ability to look at the big picture and analyze patterns to determine where problems may be starting so they can be solved.
Once you are hired, you will need to ensure you have solid communication skills as you will be working in groups and you will need to tell your superiors about your findings in an easy to understand manner so they can make recommended changes.
Keeping your attention to detail on the company finances will allow you to help profits grow and expenses shrink. Your company will want to see results in order for them to believe you are doing your job well.
Most important will be working with all available branches of your company to look for solutions, as a problem may be found in one department but not another and you need to have good detective skills to be able to find the issue and fix it.
A corporate analyst works to improve the efficiency and profitability of a company by gathering and accessing data on profits and expenses. They do this to find new strategies to maximize profits, which they can do my communicating their finds to marketing or expenses in order to ensure that the most money is being made and saved in every department of the business.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.