The Hotel Operations Manager is responsible for all aspects of the hotel. Their duties include collaborating with all departments, ensuring the premises are in condition to serve guests, conducting regular meetings of hotel employees, ensuring operational routines are implemented, monitoring purchases, and taking and maintaining inventory.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Hotel Operations Manager Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Hotel Operations Manager resumes for your reference.
Hotel Operations Manager Resume Sample 1
- Recognized for excellence in human relations by being promoted from Food & Beverage Manager to Hotel Operations Manager.
- Named Outstanding Hotel Operations Manager of the Year based on quality ratings, employee evaluations, guest surveys, and sales records.
- Managed the operations of a major international convention that generated $4 million in revenue.
- Achieved a zero-percent turnover rate for full-time employees, which earned a service award for exceptional service from a major beverage corporation.
- Reorganized the banquet kitchen operations, which generated more than 50 percent in annual savings to the company from reduced food costs and labor expenses.
Hotel Operations Manager Resume Sample 2
- Hired and trained 20 new staff; the hotel received the most reservations of any hotel in its market.
- Received awards for achieving high customer satisfaction ratings with guests; recognized by a local newspaper as an outstanding Hotel Manager.
- Improved efficiency by at least 10% with a new system to track and control employee overtime; recognized by senior management for outstanding performance and an award of $500 cash.
- Initiated a plan to improve transportation service offered to the hotels’ customers; recognized and rewarded with a promotion and a raise.
- Secured grant funding from a government agency for improvements to hotel property; received recognition from city council as an outstanding businesswoman.
Hotel Operations Manager Resume Sample 3
- Deployed a multi-prong strategy for guest recognition and loyalty. Delivered an ideal mix of superb service and comfort through guest recognition, customer feedback monitoring, and performance evaluations to ensure that the hotel’s operations team delivered a consistently superior level of service. Included award-winning quality rating for guest satisfaction.
- Catered to the needs of major entertainers, business leaders, sports figures, politicians, and political candidates by fine-tuning operations to meet their specific requirements.
- Overhauled billing and accounting functions; cut costs by up to 50 percent while raising revenues by 10 percent over the previous year’s budget.
- Managed the sleep services department which increased the occupancy rate by 20 percent for much of the year.
- Developed and executed a strategy for generating revenue through sponsorship.
Hotel Operations Manager Resume Sample 4
- Implemented a comprehensive marketing campaign to attract new hotel guests.
- Recognized by management for creating a positive working atmosphere through consistently top performance.
- Earned a Certificate of Recognition for outstanding achievement in the hotel industry.
- Received outstanding service award from every guest that works every detail from room cleaning to running beverage carts.
- Received leadership award from the guest service department for exceeding guest satisfaction levels through customer service excellence.
Hotel Operations Manager Resume Sample 5
- Demonstrated commitment to developing and implementing strategies for revenue and profit growth.
- Improved profitability by 20% within the first six months; assigned responsibilities of reporting individual performance to management.
- Increased room revenue by 10%; keyed in on needs, style preferences, and needs of clientele in a manner that provided a better overall product offering.
- Recognized for outstanding performance in hotel operations department; successfully obtained a new client base via the expansion of an existing hotel brand.
- Received outstanding performance award; successfully managed budget to exceed revenue by 12%
Hotel Operations Manager Resume Sample 6
- Led a department of 20 employees to achieve a 100% annual cost-of-living increase for three consecutive years.
- Led a team of employees to a 95% record of providing a quality experience for customers; recognized by the CEO for delivering an exceptional customer experience.
- Achieved award for exceptional customer service; effectively identified and resolved problems with cash-flow management, thereby reducing finance charges.
- Recognized as the top-performing employee in the company; recognized by regional managers for exceeding performance guidelines in all areas of hotel operations, including guest satisfaction, rent collection, and management administration.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively facilitated the workflow of departmental operations managers, who had full autonomy to manage departments within the hotel.
Hotel Operations Manager Resume Sample 7
- Developed a progressive training program for housekeeping staff; supervised the operations of the hotel; instituted absenteeism program; communicated companywide cost savings with all departments regarding cleaning supplies.
- Recognized for the attainment of quality standards in hotel management.
- Managed 40 guest rooms and 30 employees in a high-growth period of hotel operations; successfully implemented housekeeping company’s cost savings policies; recognized by the company with luxury suite award.
- Experienced gain experience through direct participation in daily operations of department during housekeeping training program; recruited all new employees and trained them on unit standards, effectiveness of service delivery, and proper performance techniques.
- Managed hotel operations in compliance with NYS casino requirements; effectively implemented in-house training programs for housekeeping staff which included attendance at the annual “Housekeeper College” conference.
Hotel Operations Manager Resume Sample 8
- Achieved award for meeting customer satisfaction guidelines based on customer survey ratings.
- Responsive to guests’ or employees’ needs; developed/updated hotel policies and procedures.
- Achieved award for outstanding quality standards.
- Strongly supported Supervisor’s goals; worked as a Team player with the sales staff, front desk, day shift staff, etc.
- Leader in successful events for guests and employees (parties, contests, awards); motivated and inspired others to embrace the company’s philosophies and practices.
Hotel Operations Manager Resume Sample 9
- Managed hotel staff of 25; supervised all aspects of operations for 150-room, high-rise hotel.
- Oversaw one of the top-performing hotels in the city; garnered recognition for superior lodging; successfully implemented marketing techniques resulting in increased business.
- Expanded business by personally recruiting new customers through proactive networking and personal visits with existing customers.
- Secured revenue by arranging financial plans that appealed to both corporate and private sector clients.
- Negotiated a 6% interest rate on a $3M line of credit, saving $120K over the life of the loan through the implementation of innovative financing techniques.
Hotel Operations Manager Resume Sample 10
- Directed daily operations of a hotel with a complete staff of 65 persons to a profit of $500,000 for the year.
- Reconfigured budgetary limits and increased profit margins for the hotel by 15% from the annual budget.
- Organized major interior remodeling project from planning to execution within 2 months, saving the hotel $50,000 in renovation costs.
- Held training sessions to reduce employee turnover rate from 25% to 9%.
- Developed an effective employee food and beverage program that contributed to an increase in sales revenues by 17%.
Hotel Operations Manager Resume Sample 11
- Developed and implemented a hotel credit management system; effectively employed procedures for controlling major sources of credit risk.
- Brokered down costs to improve profit margins, by implementing controls in the property management department.
- Developed a merger model that provided cost savings.
- Dispatched survey for quality service quality awards.
- Evaluated training needs of employees within property operations department, assigned appropriate training to improve operations efficiency.
Hotel Operations Manager Resume Sample 12
- Reviewed employment files for applicants; posted job descriptions on the “Want Ad” section of the job board.
- Directed employees to process applications for hotel positions.
- Suggested position descriptions for applicants; revised job description after employee interview.
- Directed employees to process marketing collateral (brochure, flier, letterhead) for two full-service hotels; reviewed marketing collateral along with marketing plan and budget; edited content of marketing collateral before submission of a revised version to the HR department.
- Developed and implemented employee handbook & labor code procedures.
Hotel Operations Manager Resume Sample 13
- Restructured the property’s operations to ensure continual improvement in guest satisfaction scores.
- Streamlined the property’s accounting operations into a paperless system that saved over $300,000 per year.
- Promoted to Director of Operations for larger property within the system; handled multiple departments including public relations, accounting, sales, reservations, and housekeeping.
- Helped close the acquisition of new hotels owned by competing chains.
- Helped negotiates a contract between labor unions for employees at several properties owned by the company.
Hotel Operations Manager Resume Sample 14
- Successfully managed operations, receiving rave reviews from guests for excellent service, cleanliness, and responsiveness to needs.
- Created new revenue streams by obtaining exclusive contracts with major corporations to provide breakfast buffets.
- Researched for new training systems to increase efficiency in labor-intensive areas of operations.
- Created administrative job description in order to hire the best employee for the job.
- Provided initial training through seminars on hiring, benefits, and other employment-related issues.
To work as a Hotel Operations Manager, you will need to have a degree in Hospitality Management or a related field. The Hotel Operations Manager must also have computer skills (MS office) budgeting skills, should know property management software, have collaborating skills, be a team player, have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and be self-motivated.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Hotel Operations Manager Resume Samples
- Hotel Operations Manager Resume Sample 1
- Hotel Operations Manager Resume Sample 2
- Hotel Operations Manager Resume Sample 3
- Hotel Operations Manager Resume Sample 4
- Hotel Operations Manager Resume Sample 5
- Hotel Operations Manager Resume Sample 6
- Hotel Operations Manager Resume Sample 7
- Hotel Operations Manager Resume Sample 8
- Hotel Operations Manager Resume Sample 9
- Hotel Operations Manager Resume Sample 10
- Hotel Operations Manager Resume Sample 11
- Hotel Operations Manager Resume Sample 12
- Hotel Operations Manager Resume Sample 13
- Hotel Operations Manager Resume Sample 14
- Wrap Up