A visual designer develops graphic content for software applications. Duties include creating art concepts, developing layouts for digital projects, attending client meetings, holding creative briefs, establish the look and feel of user interfaces, design logos, design icons, and managing production assets.
For many people, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Visual Designer Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Visual Designer resumes for your reference.
Visual Designer Resume Sample 1
- Recognized by the local community for a diversity of work-related skills, including management of a team, design and production of graphics, and ability to communicate with artistic peers.
- Described as an expert in hand-drawn/illustrated collages using line graph outlining color values.
- Achieved recognition as a valued member of the local art community for exhibition projects at local galleries; published several works in various publications.
- Received award for photography, published in national alternative lifestyle magazine; featured article on freelancing lifestyle.
- Created various artwork during years of art school; exhibited at local galleries; illustrated corporate newsletter stories relating to nature and nature’s children.
Visual Designer Resume Sample 2
- Revamped the visual presentation of company’s annual report to emphasize how it successfully met its financial objectives. Also, incorporated full-color photography and original graphics.
- Created educational visual aids for business classes.
- Designed custom invitations using original digital artwork to promote personal business ventures, groups, and events.
- Provided creative design direction for promotional materials, including brochures, annual reports, newsletters, pamphlets, posters and other collateral pieces.
- Curated an art collection at National Geographic headquarters that showcased the beauty of nature through images taken by talented photographers around the world.
Visual Designer Resume Sample 3
- Produced an elaborate wedding invitation suite tailored to clients’ needs.
- Created an array of professional invitations for people planning events ranging from weddings to graduation parties.
- Gathered information on clients’ preferences and desires.
- Fostered relationships with clients and coordinated with their vendors.
- Created catalogs for favors, flowers, invitations, and wedding gifts.
Visual Designer Resume Sample 4
- Conceptualized and executed client projects, including product and promotional collaterals, annual reports, packaging and advertising displays, etc.
- Provided design consultation to management; assisted in business development; created prototype of the company’s flagship product.
- Awarded as a top designer by the president of the company for creating outstanding pieces of packaging art; recognized as a leader in terms of creativity.
- Promoted to senior designer after three years of experience by the president and CEO. Received $5,000 yearly raise with $10,000 bonus on all projects completed on time and within budget.
- Taught design workshops to children from low-income families so they could develop basic skills to pursue a career in art.
Visual Designer Resume Sample 5
- Developed flow charts, storyboards, wireframes, and mockups for client websites.
- Created, designed, and implemented logo designs for businesses; selected color schemes and fonts in Adobe Photoshop to adhere to company guidelines; documented all templates in templates folder.
- Wrote creative copy (logo descriptions etc.) for clients. Used Microsoft PowerPoint to design presentations with graphic icons and illustrations; also used tools such as Photoshop toolbar icons to develop simple designs with shapes.
- Collaborated on team projects; received both positive and negative feedback from peers for design decisions made while planning communication materials such as brochures and business cards.
- Received recognition from the client and company for presentation and presentation materials.
Visual Designer Resume Sample 6
- Enhanced web-based design skills by enhancing visual presentation of many websites.
- Developed expertise in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Corel Draw, HTML coding, and Flash by taking courses at a community college.
- Learned to upgrade website templates for modern standards of web-based graphic design.
- Helped create innovative designs for brochures, invitations, banners, book covers, posters, stationery items and other materials based on customer needs.
- Completed two internships at two graphic design firms with an average of 3–4 projects per month producing professional-quality results.
Visual Designer Resume Sample 7
- Designed all four issues of the annual Earth Day booklet for Students Against Destructive Decisions (SADD).
- Developed original graphic designs to increase product sales; established a high standard for taste and quality.
- Wrote scripts and designed the layout for advertisements that appeared in the school yearbook.
- Contributed to collaborative art projects that were exhibited at school events.
- Conceived original concepts, wrote scripts, directed, produced, and designed commercials for college courses. Received awards from local broadcasting companies for excellence in advertising techniques.
Visual Designer Resume Sample 8
- Participated in art shows presenting innovative design concepts; won first place awards at many shows.
- Manipulated color, shapes, and dimensions in Photoshop, Illustrator and In Design to create print media.
- Created flyers, posters, banners, business cards using the Adobe Creative Suite 5.5.
- Managed projects from concept to completion; managed CC for groups of three interns in redesigning website for the city of Portland Oregon Multnomah County Library.
- Created print media that reflected customer satisfaction with 100% positive feedback on all projects.
Visual Designer Resume Sample 9
- Recipient of certificate in Magazine Design by Conde Nast College of Fashion & Design; was responsible for every aspect of the magazine including layout, cover design, promotion graphics, photo shoots and more.
- Trained and designed comic book covers for comic book publisher.
- Designed websites for various commercial clients including a boutique clothing store, a nightclub, and a home design company.
- Published a self-published children’s book with illustrations by me to high school students focusing on success, integrity, and empowerment through action.
- Designed the cover of the first board game from a local board game manufacturer. The Game was a hit selling out within one month of being released in stores nationwide.
Visual Designer Resume Sample 10
- Received recognition for my work from interviews with Vogue Magazine and Dwell Magazine.
Education requirements include a bachelor’s degree in computer graphics, visual arts, or related field. Skills to succeed as a visual designer include strong problem-solving skills, experience with animation and motion design, strong technical artistic skill, excellent visual communication, excellent verbal communication, excellent written communication, strong organizational skills, good attention to detail, ability to prioritize tasks, ability, and good telephone etiquette.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.