Cancer Registrars maintain cancer databases for healthcare professionals to utilize for treatment and preventive measures in the healthcare field. Duties include managing cancer patients’ databases, record information to use for cancer prevention, determine if a patient is eligible for the database, translate medical terminology, protect patient information, and assist with special projects.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Cancer Registrar Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Cancer Registrar resumes for your reference.
Cancer Registrar Resume Sample 1
- Accomplished statistical analysis of data regarding cancer patients and collected data that was input into Database.
- Excel proficient; proficient in Microsoft Word, Access, Excel and Outlook.
- Coordinated with Information Technology Dept. to implement a new server system for St. Vincent Hospital; designed and implemented a general ledger system using Access and created data entry forms using Outlook and Word.
- Achieved award for outstanding employee performance; received the honor of being named Employee of the Month for April 2001 by the Human Resources Department for exceeding standards in customer service and work performance.
- Received award for outstanding employee performance; received the honor of being named Employee of the Month for May 2001 by the Human Resources Department for exceeding standards in customer service and work performance.
Cancer Registrar Resume Sample 2
- Achieved honor roll status for two semesters; aided in the development and implementation of equipment needed to support a new service.
- Initiated new procedures for patients in accordance with the PACS system in place.
- Organized various databases and sub-databases as well as kept master databases updated. Executed reports on a daily basis and corresponded with employers when necessary.
- Participated in the audit team of 20 plus employees and completed their review & analysis of the department’s systems and processes, identified problem areas, and made recommendations to improve productivity.
- Achieved award for superior work performance; developed and maintained a CASIE program to track billing, outpatient discharges and visits.
Cancer Registrar Resume Sample 3
- Assisted in compiling data for study on the genetic inheritance of blood disorders.
- Collected, analyzed and interpreted data resulting in a definitive paper that was published in an international journal of Genetics.
- Delivered training to fellow employees that improved the efficiency of office operations.
- Testified before state legislature when requested by opposition party to offer expert opinion on proposed legislative changes to cancer registry operations.
- Resolved customer concerns during phone call when answering calls from registrants and their families/friends concerning missing reports/results, out-of-state queries, etc; ensured calls were handled professionally and effectively; praised by colleagues for above-average customer service skills.
Cancer Registrar Resume Sample 4
- Reviewed, evaluated and verified data on deaths, births and marriages; prepared abstracts in compliance with the Uniform Code of Military Justice.
- Aided in the establishing of procedures for recording, storing, indexing and retrieving data for the cancer registry program for current active duty military members.
- Trained new employees on cancer registrar program.
- Supervised contract personnel; identified and interpreted anomalies to ensure quality control.
- Trained new employees on policies, procedures and programs impacting their responsibilities; provided technical training to correct operating deficiencies.
Cancer Registrar Resume Sample 5
- Successfully conducted and facilitated more than 500 study recording sessions.
- Recognized by the CVCC Cancer Registry Administrative Director for outstanding performance.
- Achieved award for entering data quickly and accurately; received praise from the Regional Manager for attending training sessions.
- Earned appreciation as a call responding Superstar; effectively addressed the needs and concerns of various departments within CVCC’s College of Health Sciences while adhering to the university’s guidelines regarding service, hospitality, and confidentiality.
- Received outstanding quality award; effectively compiled data relating to cancer registry studies based on accuracy measures within given time constraints.
Cancer Registrar Resume Sample 6
- Accurately documented medical histories and treatments on patients with cancer.
- Assisted in organizing research projects, identifying sources of data, and generating reports on population-based cancer registries.
- Conferred with physicians to discuss patient diagnoses corresponding to tumor histology.
- Annotated patient information for submission to national cancer databases for research purposes.
- Prepared abstracts for annual meetings of the American Cancer Society and the Southern Cancer Society, in which described registration procedures of a statewide cancer registry.
Cancer Registrar Resume Sample 7
- Provided information regarding proper handling of blood samples, which led to the discovery of a fatal genetic disorder that had gone undetected for 20 years.
- Maintained confidential patient information through the establishment and enforcement of security policies.
- Increased office efficiency by developing technical systems.
- Conducted research on various cancers, presenting reports to medical staff and patients.
- Prepared study on the statistical analysis of cancer-related deaths to be used as a basis for future treatments, contributing to the prevention and treatment of cancer throughout the state.
Cancer Registrar Resume Sample 8
- Worked with a team of 10 professionals to prepare the Annual Report for an international scientific publication.
- Prepared draft copy of the Cancer Registry Annual Report to be presented at a national conference; proposal recommended for funding by national board.
- Successfully prepared local and state reports for annual submission; met all annual deadlines.
- Served as editor for quarterly local newsletter, VISOR, which reported on recent changes in cancer laws and regulations in the state.
- Managed a seven-person team, including nurses and secretaries.
Cancer Registrar Resume Sample 9
- Completed Job Relocation and provided assistance regarding the completion of 14-day training, schedule changes, and necessary training for new employees.
- Efficiently processed an average of 6 to 12 job order requests a day.
- Accurately tracked time; accurately determined when patient appointments occurred in order to monitor minimum appointment times.
- Accurately assessed medical condition and provided medical treatment in accordance with federal regulations, insurance requirements, and hospital policies.
- Stood up to his task by providing assistance with a high volume of patient referrals; empathetically responded to callers’ concerns and requests.
Cancer Registrar Resume Sample 10
- Managed the maintenance of a database that housed statistical information related to hundreds of patients and their illnesses, as well as information about medical procedures.
- Received an exceptional rating for 10 consecutive years for efficiency and accuracy in processing patient data.
- Met all deadlines for hospital reports, including monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Received award from American Cancer Society for outstanding performance in cancer registry reporting.
- Developed a database that accommodated the management of thousands of individual records; this project was recognized by the American Cancer Society as one of the most beneficial efforts in cancer registry reporting.
Cancer Registrar Resume Sample 11
- Continuously maintained a department with few sick days and no medical absences.
- Maintained annual program changes for the Cancer Registry; escalated issues to appropriate personnel when noticed by colleagues.
- Assisted Primary Care Physician in special orders.
- Recognized for accomplishing mission; configured, implemented and maintained multi-modal communication statuses.
- Received distinguished quality award; effectively delegated work to subordinates while adhering to the organization’s policies and procedures.
Cancer Registrar Resume Sample 12
- Catalogued new and archived tissue samples, specimens, and medical data for patients referred to the Cancer Registry.
- Created a database that enabled the Cancer Registry to track potential malignancies; solved an error in the software that delayed processing of data.
- Compiled a list of abnormal findings with no known cause, linking them to various malignancies.
- Provided cancer statistics to groups that requested information on patients’ ages, ethnicity, and type of cancer treated most frequently in a given geographic area.
- Performed complicated statistical analyses using SAS Software to identify patterns and trends in the distribution of cancer throughout Sacramento County through GIS mapping software.
You must have an associate degree or certificate in Cancer Information Management. Required skills include strong communication skills, medical terminology, computer skills, database management skills, willingness to learn, organizational skills, and analytical skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.