Medical Record Clerks are accountable for the maintenance of health records of any medical professionals. Their duties are to maintain and organize approved patient files, collecting medical record and filling them, recording and recording patient’s progress, organizing laboratories and x-ray into medical records and keeping track of the patient’s admissions and discharge dates.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Medical Record Clerk Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Medical Record Clerk resumes for your reference.
Medical Record Clerk Resume Sample 1
- Took initiative with computer software to develop file structure for health information, scheduling, and data entry systems.
- Researched, analyzed, and filed medical records with sensitivity to privacy concerns.
- Scheduled office equipment repairs by researching tools needed for repairs.
- Organized, maintained files of small business organization records by researching file structure with computer software.
- Implemented cost-cutting and patient-friendly scheduling and filing solutions in the medical offices by researching and testing computer software.
Medical Record Clerk Resume Sample 2
- Record, organize, and distill medical data into usable tabular form.
- Prepare patient’s medical records for billing and insurance submission.
- Research and prepare patient records for billing.
- Research, process, and record insurance claim forms.
- Record collections from patients by answering daily phone calls from physicians.
Medical Record Clerk Resume Sample 3
- Documented and maintained an accurate database of patient histories on computer systems at a medical clinic.
- Recognized a problem with a spreadsheet program, which had been used since the clinic was first created and wrote a formal proposal to improve the program.
- Maintained records of thousands of medical health appointments on daily basis working as acting coordinator of clinics during three different periods.
- Approved time cards for all employees as well as accounted for all payroll deductions that included Social Security Tax, Pension Plan, and Retirement Plan.
- Supervised ten employees who were working directly with patients on a daily basis ensuring that they performed their duties up to standard.
Medical Record Clerk Resume Sample 4
- Attained a position as a receptionist and clerical worker in a medical facility where I supervised the intake department, kept the billing office up to date with all medical information being entered into the computer, and helped process insurance claims.
- Received excellent performance reviews for outstanding customer service providing assistance to co-workers and customers alike.
- Diagnosed my own illnesses with physician assistance, set up diagnosis tests with health professionals, and kept all medical records organized through alphabetization of charts.
- Designed and built a computerized patient file system all on my own according to guidelines and specifications as well as by repeatedly asking questions.
- Trained two younger clerks for administrative and clerical duties.
Medical Record Clerk Resume Sample 5
- Was responsible for the storage, retrieval, and distribution of patient data, test results, and other business records.
- Remembered daily appointments for medical professionals.
- Followed specific policies and procedures in dealing with medical professionals.
- Did various types of clerical work including typing, filing, photocopying, and faxing.
- Displayed accurate punctuality resulting in the successful completion of all scheduled tasks.
Medical Record Clerk Resume Sample 6
- Retrieved and relayed patient information with accuracy and punctuality in a timely manner.
- Researched, located, duplicated, and filed medical information in a methodical fashion with accuracy.
- Obtained certification from the Medical Office Administration Association after completing a nationally recognized program.
- Flew to Thailand during a vacation to volunteer my services at a medical clinic for one week.
- Retrieved literature on the area’s hospital protocols for accreditation of my position following requested instruction from doctors and nurses.
Medical Record Clerk Resume Sample 7
- Maintained confidentiality and accuracy of medical records through proper documentation and filing.
- Ordered and distributed medical supplies, equipment, and instruments for internal use.
- Prepared daily inventory control reports to track supply stock.
- Posted physician’s instructions for patient care on a wall chart.
- Maintained required records of hospital admissions, discharges, patient transfers, and outpatient services.
Medical Record Clerk Resume Sample 8
- Communicated accurately, efficiently, and effectively with clerical professionals and office staff to deliver office results.
- Performed small-shop tasks of filing, typing, photocopying, mail distribution, data inputting, and data management.
- Collected and organized information from various sources to populate various databases.
- Ensured repor t accuracy by proof reading documents on a monthly basis.
- Maintained the highest quality of workmanship in a fast-paced environment by following all rules and regulations of job expectations.
Medical Record Clerk Resume Sample 9
- Mastered skills in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Enrolled in school to attain a degree in Medical Administrative Services.
- Served hard-working men and women in the hospital staff as a Medical Record Clerk for thirteen years.
- Instilled confidence in patients with complete knowledge of all medical records.
Medical Record Clerk Resume Sample 10
- Attempted to motivate all hospital staff to effectively work together for professional efficiency, health care quality, and patient safety.
- Gathered, entered into the computerized medical record, and retrieved accurate records for medical reports, patient files, and administrative information.
- Collaborated with health care providers to enhance the quality of care for all patients while maintaining accurate medical charts.
- Adhered to strict confidentiality policies while conducting private medical chart reviews in emergency situations.
- Maintained wide knowledge of medical terminology by requesting informational training throughout employment.
Medical Record Clerk Resume Sample 11
- Learned proven methods of obtaining employment through truthful communication, accurate record-keeping, and flawless professionalism.
- Saved $20,000 for the new employers by developing an efficient filing system to improve time management and productivity.
- Maintained five years of organized records averaging 125 secretarial hours per week.
- Corrected more than 100 clerical mistakes during one year on medical information forms, income tax forms, and W-2s.
- Thrived within a fast-paced work environment by converting everyday tasks into meaningful accomplishments.
Medical Record Clerk Resume Sample 12
- Acquired 3 years of experience working with records, the database of our health care system.
- Performed duties as a patient database administrator for up to thirty physicians.
- Accomplished the filing, retrieval, and daily routine of charts for up to eight thousand patients.
- Performed clerical duties in the reception area at three hospitals.
- Completed the development of a database for an obstetrics program by training staff members on its use.
Medical Record Clerk Resume Sample 13
- Counted, logged, and summarized clinical information for medical records by manual writing and dictation skills.
- Processed medical records in order to complete daily, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Enforced strict standards of excellence in record-keeping procedures that included patient confidentiality while preserving medical records contents from falsification.
- Scanned completed forms into a computer system concurrently while maintaining keyboard accuracy while processing 1-1/2″ Dictaphone tape reels at a 10-minute pace.
- Maintained a disciplined indoor voice to ensure accurate recording of all information into the computer system utilizing a mechanical keyboard.
Medical Record Clerk Resume Sample 14
- Provided expert clerical support in interstate, multi-state healthcare system by managing records of x-rays, blood tests, and physical exams.
- Trained to the completion of Nursing Aide Course by attending eight classes per day with hands-on clinical experience.
- Organized, retrieved, and maintained four active medical record files in the health clinic for twenty patients per day.
- Reinforced confidentiality standards through limited disclosure of medical information to authorized parties (HIPAA).
- Maintained positive working relationships through therapeutic interaction with staff and patients at the Chicago Public School system.
Medical Record Clerk Resume Sample 15
- Obtained and organized medical records for over one hundred patients per day.
- Identified medical errors and medication miscommunications.
- Collaborated with nursing staff to resolve issues between medical personnel and patients.
- Resolved patient emergencies, such as bedsores, dehydration, and infection detection.
- Preserved medical records for future reference by transferring data into a variety of professional formats.
Medical Record Clerk Resume Sample 16
- (Pre-med) Elegantly copied and organized hundreds of patients’ medical records.
- (Pre-law) Accurately proofread patient medical forms for accuracy, spelling, and clarity.
- (Graduate student) Accurately proofread thousands of pages of thesis, book reports, and thesis chapters.
- (Real Estate agent) Trained to the full completion, from White to Black Belt, two private students by 6 years of ongoing home martial arts instruction.
- Fielded 6 computer support calls per hour.
To be a medical record clerk applicants must have at least a High school diploma or G.E.D. Medical Record Clerks should thrive under stress, work on regular or continuous basis, be always alert , pay attention to detail, Post orders, abide by security regulations, have basic computer skills, obtain and maintain security clearance and must have good organizational skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.
- The Best Medical Record Clerk Resume Samples
- Medical Record Clerk Resume Sample 1
- Medical Record Clerk Resume Sample 2
- Medical Record Clerk Resume Sample 3
- Medical Record Clerk Resume Sample 4
- Medical Record Clerk Resume Sample 5
- Medical Record Clerk Resume Sample 6
- Medical Record Clerk Resume Sample 7
- Medical Record Clerk Resume Sample 8
- Medical Record Clerk Resume Sample 9
- Medical Record Clerk Resume Sample 10
- Medical Record Clerk Resume Sample 11
- Medical Record Clerk Resume Sample 12
- Medical Record Clerk Resume Sample 13
- Medical Record Clerk Resume Sample 14
- Medical Record Clerk Resume Sample 15
- Medical Record Clerk Resume Sample 16
- Wrap Up