Insurance Account Managers are in charge of promoting their company’s products to potential customers. Their duties include maintaining company policies, auditing accounts, maintaining and updating contact lists, organizing meetings with clients and potential clients, managing account team members, and networking with other insurance companies for business development.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Insurance Account Manager Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Insurance Account Manager resumes for your reference.
Insurance Account Manager Resume Sample 1
- Awarded for exceeding sales quotas; recognized as the top performer from the Cincinnati-Dayton region.
- Recognized as a “Top Producer” throughout the years; was ranked fifth in the state of Ohio for new insurance policies closed.
- Transferred to New York City, where I was promoted to Senior Account Manager, a position that required lead trainings and management of an additional account manager in order to meet higher sales goals.
- Promoted again to National Account Manager, where I managed all accounts at the national level and reported directly to Vice President of Sales. My combined account earned $10 million in annual premium volume during my first year on this assignment.
- Received award for achieving personal and company sales milestone; recognized as the top producer for the past six years.
Insurance Account Manager Resume Sample 2
- Provided superior customer service and satisfaction ratings by verifying business insurance needs; maintaining awareness of customer and industry changes.
- Named Satisfaction Award winner for professionalism, courtesy, competence, and ability to resolve complex problems.
- Proactively enrolled a large number of new insurance policy holders; increased business revenues by 15%.
- Reviewed mortgage policies to determine if they were in compliance with the current lender guidelines and then completed loan policy statements.
- Handled more than 150 client calls to verify that policies were correct for their individual business needs.
Insurance Account Manager Resume Sample 3
- Leveraged a personal network to create and maintain strong working relationships with our key clients.
- Achieved a satisfactory rating in the FARS training program; developed skills in detail, research, and negotiation.
- Successfully closed long-term insurance policies for our large corporate clients; effectively handled industry changes and regulatory compliance.
- Managed staff and limited client budgets successfully; demonstrated clear understanding of the concept of “Time is money” principle.
- Improved insurance-citizen relations; discovered and developed opportunities within the government for business.
Insurance Account Manager Resume Sample 4
- Established strong personal and professional relationships with agents.
- Successfully negotiated special arrangements with agency partners.
- Demonstrated effective guidance and leadership to clients through the entire insurance application process, including dealing with claims management, claim settlement, and commercial aspects of the business.
- Managed a diverse clientele through extensive knowledge of industry guidelines, regulations, procedures and applicable laws.
- Collaborated with agents to resolve issues and problems faced by the agency in connection with claims. Adhered to strict standards of ethical conduct.
Insurance Account Manager Resume Sample 5
- Demonstrated accountability by achieving a positive trend in sales; reviewed customer files and resolved customer complaints regarding damaged property.
- Passed the Series 6, 63, and Life license exams with high scores; praised by Director as an exemplary employee.
- Gained knowledge of the life insurance field; developed an understanding of how to tailor insurance protection to customers’ needs.
- Received commendation from Vice President in recognition of outstanding performance of duty.
- Managed a team of 3 employees who were primarily responsible for placing new business in the organization’s most competitive markets.
Insurance Account Manager Resume Sample 6
- Accurately assessed insurance coverage; established relationships with voice mail systems to respond to customer’s questions, resolve claims, and collect payment.
- Achieved award for exceptional customer service; implemented the process of selecting, ordering, and maintaining a positive inventory of PODs in record time.
- Outperformed all expectations in production efficiency; completed 500 PODs on time.
- Recognized as a star performer by new supervisor; seamless transition from a less to more demanding role but remained proactive in addressing customer concerns.
- Achieved customer satisfaction awards for outstanding performance as an insurance broker including top producer award each quarter.
Insurance Account Manager Resume Sample 7
- Initiated, streamlined, and increased efficiency of all sales in the territory by improving processes through automation.
- Increased business by 30%; set new records for the company.
- Reduced insurance costs for one customer; presented alternative loan programs that saved $250K in insurance costs.
- Reduced error rate; instituted a control system that allowed for pinpointing and correcting errors.
- Managed four employees and twenty-six accounts/loans; ensured each loan was processed according to complex federal regulations.
Insurance Account Manager Resume Sample 8
- Increased sales by 65% which translated into a 20% increase in commission for the company.
- Reached out to a diverse group of professional contacts who resulted in an increase of over $6 million in additional insurance written, resulting in over $50,000 commission for me.
- Got the A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau and was awarded the prestigious “Trip on the Nile” trip to Egypt for my support of customers and outstanding service.
- Developed a diverse customer base that reflected excellent diversity relations by targeting communities with high minority populations per capita.
- Promoted to Senior Account Executive in just under two years; recognition for my support of customers and outstanding service.
Insurance Account Manager Resume Sample 9
- Achieved number one sales record for 2007; recognized by company President.
- Directed sales force that reached quota for first time in the company’s history.
- Received recognition for serving as Board of Directors member; worked with other Board members to create a new ad campaign that expanded business to all fifty states.
- Recognized by management within the company for participating in a training program at the National Headquarters in New York City. Attended training courses provided by the National Headquarters and successfully completed all assignments, including case studies and individual field work.
- Awarded exemplary employee of the month by District Manager due to increased productivity and efficient problem solving skills during an insurance claim process.
Insurance Account Manager Resume Sample 10
- Created new business opportunities; trained and qualified agency representatives while earning a Silver Award as a Top Producer.
- Achieved Silver Award in sales; member of the first class of agents in the office.
- Received a Silver Award for training and qualifying customers.
- Achieved outstanding production during the quarter due to the previous accomplishments mentioned above.
- Achieved top producer award for generating $75,000 in new business in less than one year.
Insurance Account Manager Resume Sample 11
- Defined sale and account objectives for each territory where I operated.
- Developed firm’s core insurance customer base, designing a marketing plan to engage customers.
- Set-up booth at community events, attended networking functions, and developed relationship with area business owners for the purpose of distributing and selling insurance policies.
- Trained new agency employees on company software program and assisted in customer service matters.
- Presented classes at local schools educating students on the importance of financial planning through life insurance.
Insurance Account Manager Resume Sample 12
- Conducted weekly updates of claim information to insure timely complaint resolution.
- Processed a mortgage loan in less than 30 days; recognized by the Regional Manager for outstanding performance.
- Increased new business accounts by 31% as compared to 2005; received recognition as an Outstanding Producer.
- Received the highest possible score in customer service from state Insurance Department.
To work as an Insurance Account Manager, you must have a bachelor’s degree in Business or a related field. Insurance Account Managers must demonstrate strong communication skills, organizational skills, honesty, sales skills, attention to detail, listening skills, and presentation skills.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.