Aircraft Dispatchers work for airlines and are responsible for preparing flight plans. Their duties include conducting research on weather conditions, determining a flight’s route and destination airports, setting maximum weight, calculating fuel requirements, ensuring the plane’s crew is prepared, and communicating with pilots during flights.
For many, writing a resume can be daunting. If you are working on your own, it is easy to become overwhelmed with the amount of information you need to include and how best to present yourself.
The sample resumes below provide great examples of how to write an effective resume.
The Best Aircraft Dispatcher Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Aircraft Dispatcher resumes for your reference.
Aircraft Dispatcher Resume Sample 1
- Planned, coordinated and expedited all inventory for incoming and outgoing air shipments, utilizing a global computerized system.
- Monitored a fleet of aircraft to ensure that each aircraft was provided the proper parts and the highest quality parts are used in all cases.
- Directed aircraft maintenance by coordinating scheduled maintenance so that minor repairs were completed offshore and major repairs were completed in the United States.
- Facilitated passenger arrivals according to schedule on international flights by ensuring passenger arrival information was in compliance with airline guidelines for arrival time, customs/immigration clearance and flight delays.
- Worked with worldwide staff to identify issues and repairs, gather parts and coordinate with customers for more effective maintenance/repair processes.
Aircraft Dispatcher Resume Sample 2
- Quickly and accurately routed over 600 aircraft across the nation’s population, ranging from commercial airliners to small private planes.
- Stored and maintained hundreds of FAA documents, including flight plans, position reports, radio logs, and registration requirements.
- Followed procedures to assure the safety of passengers by conducting pre-flight inspections of aircraft and pilots.
- Managed a large operation while maintaining a 95% accuracy rate of routing planes across three states.
- Accurately handled one hundred maintenance problems, keeping them up until at least 24 hours after reporting the incident to personnel responsible for maintenance.
Aircraft Dispatcher Resume Sample 3
- Helped turn around and dispatch aircraft within area of responsibility.
- Worked closely with Operations and Training to update aircraft maintenance programs; followed up on discrepancies and worked to resolve.
- Participated in airline maintenance workshops; attended on-the-job training in areas involving cabin interiors, avionics systems, cabin safety, flight controls, and aviation operations audit.
- Developed safety awareness program locally as well as nationally through participation in FAA conferences at MATS Center East.
- Served as team leader during ground tours with 114 Airman to demonstrate various aspects of Tactical Air Alerts (TACALAN).
Aircraft Dispatcher Resume Sample 4
- Served as certified dispatcher for a contract cargo carrier and a regional intermodal company.
- Realized the benefits of promoting team work and customer relations in a stressful environment, as well as the value of accurate information by coordinating the activities of employees in multiple branches, and being aware of current regulations.
- Developed critical thinking skills that aided in the resolution of complex issues faced by dispatchers at all levels.
- Achieved exceptional performance awards for accuracy and timeliness.
- Recognized for exceptional leadership; consistently motivated other dispatchers to achieve excellence through example, instruction, and professional development.
Aircraft Dispatcher Resume Sample 5
- Managed all facets of a daily inbound, outbound, and global flight schedule for over 20 aircraft.
- Determined appropriate crew scheduling and passenger manifest; included the development of flight plans and load manifest.
- Handled daily communication to pilot in command regarding flight performance via aircraft dispatch radio network.
- Resolved complex customer concerns by analyzing customer information and communicating with air crews.
- Consulted with senior dispatchers to resolve rare flight delays, fueling errors, and other logistical problems.
Aircraft Dispatcher Resume Sample 6
- Determined and advised of flight status and loading charts for assigned flights; ensured on-time departures.
- Trained as a lead dispatcher for night shift; reduced number of errors in loading manifests by over 25%.
- Prioritized and dispatched cargo and passenger aircraft in accordance with schedules; verified aircraft departures with Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) controller.
- Advised pilots of weather, wind direction, landings, takeoffs and engine failures; effectively guided pilots through zero visibility conditions.
- Analyzed weather patterns to ensure arrival at destinations safely.
Aircraft Dispatcher Resume Sample 7
- Responsible for dispatch of international aircraft to major hubs across the United States, Canada, and Mexico.
- Presented best dispatches as a member of a team of ten employees responsible for tracking over 1400 airplanes and seven airports all under FAA regulations determined by the Department of Transportation.
- Established lead dispatcher status during two years by excelling in the field; resulted in monthly pay raises and instant promotions.
- Quickly mastered the importance of multiple priorities during four years’ experience at a busy airport; actively prevented emergency situations through leadership skills.
- Was entrusted with the care of a team of dispatchers; was successful in keeping budgets and schedules on track.
Aircraft Dispatcher Resume Sample 8
- Trained ground operations personnel to dispatch aircraft to assigned locations, including takeoffs, landings, and emergencies.
- Managed a crew of dispatchers on a 24-hour shift at a busy military base.
- Achieved excellent job performance rate of 96% for the 10-month period; maintained high standard of the overall aircraft traffic management program.
- Adhered to established policies, procedures and practices; recognized for superior performance in this area.
- Promoted employee morale by fostering teamwork and teamwork recognition through employee newsletters and in-house newsletter publication.
Aircraft Dispatcher Resume Sample 9
- Effectively coordinated the flow of passengers and cargo at a major US airline.
- Negotiated for flights to be met for quick turnarounds in similar-sized aircraft.
- Managed multiple flights from a central location within an FAA-mandated timeframe.
- Handled flight information, updated flight progress boards, assisted customers with travel plans, determined departure and arrival slots, ensured baggage was loaded on time and safely stowed during every flight segment.
- Provided excellent customer service while resolving any problems or issues that arose in a timely manner.
Aircraft Dispatcher Resume Sample 10
- Processed passenger manifests according to Federal Air Traffic Controller procedures.
- Displayed excellent organizational and managerial skills, which greatly contributed to the efficient operation of the ground-based operations control center.
- Expressed initiative by taking on additional duties for increased efficiency and expediency.
- Achieved award for extraordinary performance as a Passenger Dispatcher; successfully processed four scheduled flights with two minor delays over a nine-month period.
- Scheduled two flight delays in advance, resulting in the saving of time, fuel, and aircraft maintenance cost.
Aircraft Dispatcher Resume Sample 11
- Completed training to become a Commercial Airline Dispatcher; effectively handled air traffic from take-off to touchdown with awareness and strict compliance of Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) procedures.
- Trained for eighteen months on new computer dispatching system; effectively completed all software upgrades.
- Helped dispatch five aircraft at an airport when flight plans were changed because of severe thunderstorms; provided timely information about alternates to each flight crew, thus avoiding loss of aircraft, injuries, and loss of property.
- Scheduled over 8,000 flights with 100% accuracy during the busy holiday season without incident; received award for outstanding performance.
- Accurately scheduled over 10,000 flights in just one year due to sharp increase in air traffic; received recognition for outstanding performance.
Aircraft Dispatcher Resume Sample 12
- Accurately scheduled flights to meet flight and loading requirements.
- Trained to FAA regulations and communications procedures.
- Conducted pre-flight and post-flight inspections of aircraft; ordered repairs as necessary, and initiated status reports for completion.
- Recommenced aircraft on assigned runways during inclement weather conditions; ensured flight arrival on time by direct airport contacts for delays, etc.
- Recognized for timely completion of freight orders within company guidelines.
To be an Aircraft Dispatcher, you must attend a dispatcher school or complete a similar dispatcher program, and you need to receive an FAA dispatcher license. Aircraft Dispatchers must display good judgement, strong computer skills, accuracy and attention to detail, and the ability to work under pressure.
Resumes are a crucial aspect of any job search. In order to make a good first impression, it is important that your resume be formatted and written professionally. To create the perfect resume, think about what skills and qualities you want your future employer to see.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.