A Wedding Planner is responsible for creating and managing a wedding from beginning to end. Duties may include planning the entire event, including designing invitations, flower arrangements and decorations as well as booking venues/tables/etc., scheduling vendors such as caterers, photographers, and musicians based on availability, renting equipment such as tents or heaters as needed depending on the season, setting up tables/chairs at each venue, sending out thank you notes after the Big Day has passed and finalizing all payments with those who have been hired. The top skills for this position are budget management skills especially when it comes to staying within a set budget despite unexpected expenses that arise along the way (and knowing how to ask for more money if necessary), strong organizational and time management skills, and a high level of attention to detail. A Bachelor’s degree is required; previous experience working as a wedding planner or for another wedding service provider can be helpful.
The Best Wedding Planner Resume Samples
These are some examples of accomplishments we have handpicked from real Wedding Planner resumes for your reference.
- Attend and run meetings with current and potential clients prior to booking as well as throughout the planning process.
- Develop an extensively detailed plan of event dates, times, style, theme, and colors for the event.
- Assistance in ordering and design of all personalized items including favors, signage, etc.
- Learned professional industry techniques from weddings I’ve planned and directed.
- Developed the first multi-page website for the planning of a wedding.
- Orchestrate ceremony line-up and reception introduction for the event including rehearsal.
- Coordinate all aspects of set-up, ceremony, reception, and takedown of the Wedding with all vendors to ensure a seamless event.
- Budget design and review to ensure we stay within your budget including disbursement of payment and/or gratuities for all vendors.
- Supervised, organized, and directed the reception of two thousand guests at two weddings per year for three years.
- Recognized for leadership in team development as I developed new skills and led a team in sales productivity.
- Coordinating with vendors, clients, and venue staff; communicating the agenda and itineraries for the event to meet strict timelines.
- Creating event timelines and schedules which help arrange, organize, and customize each specific wedding occasion.
- Assisting clients at the venue of choice by providing them with information on the venue and its limitations.
- Recognized for outstanding performance; promoted to supervisor.
- Planned, executed, and concluded weddings from the moment of conception to the end of post-ceremony celebration in accordance with client wishes.
- Inspect event facilities to ensure that they conform to customer requirements.
- Coordinate services for events, such as accommodation and transportation for participants, facilities, catering, signage, displays, special needs requirements, printing, and event security.
- Meet with sponsors and organizing committees to plan the scope and format of events, establish and monitor budgets, or review administrative procedures and event progress.
- Founded, built, and maintained a successful business for the past seven years; organized and maintained bookkeeping systems.
- Awarded appreciation by clients for creating wedding “dreams come true”.
- Determine allocated budgets and provide clients with information on what can be done within the budget.
- Negotiate rates with vendors and make sure that catering details are handled properly.
- Run rehearsals with the bride and the groom in order to instruct them how to walk in on the big day.
- Arrange for flowers and other decorations and make sure that they are placed in a proper manner.
- Earned award as Wedding Planner of the Year; earned influential relationships with brides and wedding attendants.
- Developed all online marketing aspects through; The Knot, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Google.
- Maintained relations with vendors on a daily basis to get the best prices for clients.
- Managed CRM daily to make sure all wedding day activities and vendors stay on agenda.
- Organize all aspects of putting together a successful wedding, and event management.
- Contributed to exemplary business growth by initiating creative marketing strategies; coordinated vendor attendance at bridal shows.
- Coordinate the rehearsal, setup, ceremony, and reception of weddings with diligence and attention to detail.
- Consult with brides and grooms about their wedding expectations while developing a detailed plan to carry out.
- Participation in Wedding Expos/Communication with many different vendors.
- Developed wedding plans by adhering to strict deadlines.
- Coordinated and organized a wedding for up to 200 people, fully staffed with a band, caterer, photographer, florist, and many others.
- Coordinated all event details for weddings with brides and vendors, utilizing email, meetings, and phone conferences.
- Completed all wedding day organization, rehearsal, and time management at various locations around Austin to ensure a smooth and successful event.
- Helped Godmothers to gain new clients and advertisement relationships through the setup and breaking down styled shoots to be submitted and used for magazine publications.
- Successfully increased sales for the company by developing unique marketing strategies.
- Presented company at 3 conferences and 3 trade shows; recognized for outstanding performance.
- Met with the couple to capture their specific needs, objectives,s and budget constraints.
- Prepared the wedding plan, guest list, and banquet reservation.
- Coordinated with third-party vendors and supplies to complete the wedding ceremony including photographer, videographer, and paper items.
- Maintained knowledge of seasonal trends in order to effectively market products such as wedding invitations and accessories.
- Organized and maintained a database of all wedding events, such as ceremonies, receptions, shower parties, and birthdays.
- Oversee activities directly related to making products or providing services.
- Direct and coordinate activities of businesses or departments concerned with the production, pricing, sales, or distribution of products.
- Direct and coordinate the organization’s financial and budget activities to fund operations, maximize investments and increase efficiency.
- Performed clerical duties for all wedding details.
- Planned, organized, and organized the reception arrangements for two weddings with over 500 guests.
- Responsible for the successful planning, implementation, and execution of contracted activities.
- Assures the accurate transfer of contracts from proposal through project completion.
- Ensures clear client communication, creating wedding plans inclusive of venue, catering, dÃ©cor, floral and day-of wedding coordination, and execution.
- Scheduled vendors to perform tasks in specific time frames and coordinated with them to ensure that job requirements were met prior to job completion.
- Coordinated with 250 couples from all over New York State to plan and officiate their weddings in less than six months of work.
- Interviewed different wedding arrangement companies and established connections that allowed significant cost savings for families.
- Designed floral displays including stage setup and complete hall decor.
- Under my supervision families continue to contact me with their wedding planning needs.
- Created and maintained a calendar of weddings to schedule appointments, including pre-wedding meetings, facilitation of meetings by the customer’s wedding coordinator, and daily preparations.
- Prepared log sheets and sketches for customers’ project proposals, evaluation reports, and proposals.
How to Become a Successful Wedding Planner?
There are no official education requirements but some colleges and businesses are offering programs specifically in wedding planning, which will give you all the skills you need to get started as a freelancer or be hired by an agency to work for them, whichever is your preference.
You can either work on your own as a freelancer or for an agency, as the business is very flexible to suit the many needs of the people getting married in many different circumstances. Some want massive events and others want small get-togethers, but they all want it to go as stress-free as possible.
You will need to be organized to handle all the different tasks assigned to you, but you will also need to be able to form good working connections. You will likely work with the same bakery and flower shops and other businesses repeatedly, so you will want your relationship to be happy.
If you are able to secure good connections, the people you work with may be willing to give you better deals and prices. If this is the case, you can pass off those savings and special offers to your customers, who will be more likely to recommend you when speaking of the wedding to their friends.
Weddings are joyous events that many people spend their whole lives looking forward to, but the big events they require a great deal of planning and coordinating that can take months to achieve. A wedding coordinator is hired by couples to help them achieve their dreams and make their special day everything they want it to be, from food to decorations to invitations, and much more.
Hope these samples gave you an idea of what your resume should look like and some tips on how to make sure that your resume stands out from the rest.