Weddings are joyous events that many people spend their whole lives looking forward to, but the big events they are require a great deal of planning and coordinating that can take months to achieve. A wedding coordinator is hired by couples to help them achieve their dreams and make their special day everything they want it to be, from food to decorations to invitations, and much more.
How to Become a Successful Wedding Planner?
There are no official education requirements but some colleges and businesses are offering programs specifically in wedding planning, which will give you all the skills you need to get started as a freelancer or be hired by an agency to work for them, whichever is your preference.
You can either work on your own as a freelancer or for an agency, as the business is very flexible to suit the many needs of the people getting married in many different circumstances. Some want massive events and others want small get togethers, but they all want it to go as stress free as possible.
You will need to be organized to handle all the different tasks assigned to you, but you will also need to be able to form good working connections. You will likely work with the same bakery and flower shops and other businesses repeatedly, so you will want your relationship to be happy.
If you are able to secure good connections, the people you work with may be willing to give you better deals and prices. If this is the case, you can pass off those savings and special offers to your customers, who will be more likely to recommend you when speaking of the wedding to their friends.
The Best Wedding Planner Resume Samples
These are some examples of job descriptions we have handpicked from real Wedding Planner resumes for your reference.
- Attend and run meetings with current and potential clients prior to booking as well as through out the planning process.
- Develop extensive detail plan of event dates, times, style, theme and colors for event.
- Assistance in ordering and design of all personalized items including favors, signage, etc.
- Orchestrate ceremony line up and reception introduction for event including rehearsal.
- Coordinate all aspects of set-up, ceremony, reception, and take down of the Wedding with all vendors to ensure a seamless event.
- Budget design and review to ensure we stay within your budget including disbursement of payment and/or gratuities for all vendors.
- Coordinating with vendors, clients, and venue staff; communicating the agenda and itineraries for the event to meet strict timelines.
- Creating event timelines and schedules which help arrange, organize, and customize each specific wedding occasion.
- Assisting clients at venue of choice by providing them with information on the venue and its limitations.
- Inspect event facilities to ensure that they conform to customer requirements.
- Coordinate services for events, such as accommodation and transportation for participants, facilities,catering, signage, displays, special needs requirements, printing and event security.
- Meet with sponsors and organizing committees to plan scope and format of events, to establish and monitor budgets, or to review administrative procedures and event progress.
- Determine allocated budgets and provide clients with information on what can be done within the budget.
- Negotiate rates with vendors and make sure that catering details are handled properly.
- Run rehearsals with the bride and the groom in order to instruct them how to walk in on the big day.
- Arrange for flowers and other decorations and make sure that they are placed in a proper manner.
- Developed all online marketing aspects through; The Knot, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Google.
- Maintained relations with vendors on a daily basis to get the best prices for clients.
- Managed CRM daily to make sure all wedding day activities, and vendors stay on agenda.
- Organize all aspects of putting together a successful wedding, and event management.
- Coordinate the rehearsal, setup, ceremony, and reception of weddings with diligence and attention to detail.
- Consult with brides and grooms about their wedding expectations while developing a detailed plan to carry out.
- Participation in Wedding Expos/Communication with many different vendors.
- Coordinated all event details for weddings with brides and vendors, utilizing email, meetings and phone conferences.
- Completed all wedding day organization, rehearsal, and time management at various locations around Austin to insure a smooth and successful event.
- Helped Godmothers to gain new clients and advertisement relationships through the set up and break down styled shoots to be submitted and used for magazine publications.
- Met with the couple to capture their specific needs, objective and budget constraints.
- Prepared the wedding plan, guest list, banquet reservation.
- Coordinated with third party vendors and supplies to complete the wedding ceremony including photographer, videographer, and paper items.
- Oversee activities directly related to making products or providing services.
- Direct and coordinate activities of businesses or departments concerned with the production, pricing, sales, or distribution of products.
- Direct and coordinate organization’s financial and budget activities to fund operations, maximize investments, and increase efficiency.
- Responsible for the successful planning, implementation, and execution of contracted activities.
- Assures the accurate transfer of contracts from proposal through project completion.
- Ensures clear client communication, creating wedding plans inclusive of venue, catering, décor, floral and day-of wedding coordination and execution.
- Interviewed different wedding arrangement companies and established connections that allowed significant cost savings for families.
- Designed floral displays including stage setup and complete hall decor.
- Under my supervision families continue to contact me in their wedding planning needs.